Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Angela David
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Angela DavidYour feedback matters!
my kid is 3 years old, I joined him in a school, but he will not play with other kids, and sits alone separately, why is he behaving like that, is there any problem. Please reply.
My 3 year old baby is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Crying is often considered as a good sign for babies, especially when the baby is too small to talk about how he or she may be feeling. Crying is often an indicator that the baby is hungry or sleepy. But if your baby is crying a lot, it could also mean that he or she is in pain or distress. Blocked nasal passages, sudden shock, colic and indigestion problems are some of the most common problems that can cause frequent and constant crying. Homeopathy is a holistic approach that can help in treating persistent crying when it comes to babies. Read on to know more.
- Chamomilla: This medicine can be used when the child is whining relentlessly. It can also treat fretful behaviour, as well as irritability. Also, this medicine can be used when the child needs constant carrying around and petting. When the child is never still and suffering from earache or headache, this medicine can be used too.
- Cina: Screaming children and their discomfort can be treated with Cina. This medicine can also be used to treat symptoms like moaning and coughing along with anxious behaviour. Also, when children gasp for air and end up turning pale, this medicine can be prescribed. Further, the doctor may prescribe this medicine when the child is having nightmares and not getting enough sleep.
- Causticum: This medicine is ideal for children who are extremely sensitive and cry at the smallest instance. In such cases, the child will be cranky because of the threat of pain or idea of pain, rather than the actual pain. This child will usually cry persistently because of a low threshold of pain. In such cases, this medicine can help.
- Rheum: Impatience and vehemence can be treated with the help of this medicine. In many cases the child will be cranky throughout the night and toss all night as well. The child may even be cranky with his or her favourite items and toys. Unpleasantness is usually a part of a child’s behaviour in such cases. Rheum can help in tackling this problem with regular doses.
- Belladona: This medicine is helpful for children who begin to cry violently as if he or she is in severe pain. Teeth gritting and screams are common symptoms of children who will require this medicine. This is especially helpful when the child is crying without any apparent reason.
- Aconite: When the child cries constantly and becomes anxious, Aconite can be used to help soothe the child. This medicine can also help in cases where the child is scared of falling off to sleep and is anxious.
Hi, i got cesarean delivery 7 months back while my baby born she was 3 kg & 500 gram but while she was 6th month it was 5 kg 500gram and she looks very slim feel scared to catch also since from one month I took no fat tablet whether its making my baby is not increasing weight because of breast milk. I am giving solid food also but no changes at all please let me know any solution to become my baby little bit chubby.
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.