Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Andrew Kenneth VasnaikYour feedback matters!
I am irritating my eyes by last Two Weeks so my request is that plsss give a solution for this problem I m suffering.
I am aaditya, during long time study my eyes are become red in color with sweet pain, please help me.
My dad is suffering from eye sight with -6.2 and -4.5 doctor said cataract operation so please suggested me wat to do.
Hi, I'm 18 years old. I'm suffering half headache from last 3 years .and left eye also pain. And ek bear full winter season me itna derd hua k nose me se blood agaya. So what I do. Kindly suggest me.
I have undergone c3r in the month September 2015. I need help to get lens to support that. Please let me know.
So you have red eyes for 3 days without any pain and discharge and itching. So you can just try with phenyl eye drops 4 times a day. This should help.
Hello, I am 26 years old, using specs for vision correction from 2003. Now the power is -5.00 with -0.75 cylindrical component. The power is still increasing and is never stable. What could be the reason for this? I was using steroid eye drops for few months back in 2011 and I am worried now. Is that the cause for my increasing power? Can I undergo lasik though the power is not stable?
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.