Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Andrew Kenneth VasnaikYour feedback matters!
I have a spherical power of 1. 25 in left eye and cylindrical power of 0. 5 too in left eye. And spherical power of 1. 75 in right eye. This analysis is done by vasan eye care. Last week. Now I want to wear contact lenses. But somebody told me 1. There are no lenses for cylindrical numbers. And since you are having cylindrical power of 0. 5. You cant have lenses ofr you 2. Vasan has done your eye analysis for making of specs. Not lenses. So you cant have contact lenses according to your specs prescreption. So is this true? can I get lenses? if yes, which lenses and of which power should I bring?
I have a long tightness last five years ago. And power on left 2.75 and right 1.75. How can I decrease my sight use the natural techniques and food?
After sitting for a long time n then I suddenly get up that time my eyesight goes off n I can't stand why is it so?
My eyes become yellow from my birth but I am not suffered from jaundice. Dr advised to take medicine (gardenal 60. But problem is same.
I am student of class X I am facing an major problem as a I am continuing losing my eyesight plzzzz give me some tips to improve my eyesight plzzzzz help me!
My left eye are so redis all time and in day time it looks very red. What csn do doctor? Is it curable?
Hi, I am 25 year female, I am suffering from neck and shoulder pain from past few years. I use to take pain relief, use heating pad or use physiotherapy. But all these are just time begin relief. Due to this sometimes I experience eye stress n headache. Please advice me for this problem.
Doctors I have a eye problem I can not see soo far with my eyes what I have to do can I do a surgery.
I am 34 years old male . I uses spectacles . My specs no is -1.25 n -.125 I want surgery for my eyes as I dnt like spectacles . Which kind of surgery will be best ? What will be the cost of surgery ? E what are the after effects of surgery ?after how many years again I will have the need of spectacles ?
Eye getting strain while operating cellphone and watching t. V or doing Work in laptop. I. Had spectacles. Present my eye sight is 1.25 left eye, 2.75 right. Plzz give any remedies or medicines to reduce my eyesight. Infact not getting sleep at night times. My age is 20 years whether shall I goo for laser treatment or not. Plzz give solution for that. than.
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
What is the cause for the disease keratoconus? What are its effects in our eye? If I undergone for treatment how long it Will take to recover my eye sight? What is the procedure for the operation? If I take in a treatment how long it will take for me for lasik surgery without keeping spectacles?
I have an issue with my left eye, having patch inside my left eye and it is increasing, just want to know what should I do for that.
I want to correct my eye defect myopia, tell me any home remedy to correct it. And also tell me a balance diet which is proper for me in this stage, to correct this defect.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.