Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anasuya HarishYour feedback matters!
My wife's cicle period is sometime 28 days and another tme is 32 days .We always engaged sex upto 24thday with condoms and there after ie 25th day to next starting date of a period , we egaged sex without any precoution.Previous month's period was ended in 28th day and started this period on 14.1.15. This day is 32th day of period and no mensus happend my wife till the time. Wife is affraid , so please mention is there any chance of pregnancy ?.We have using this method for the last 4 year and no problems were occured upto previos month. My age is 45 and wife's 38 .
Stomach ulcers are sores that develop in the stomach lining and the small intestine. They tend to form when the digestive juices in the stomach start to corrode the tissues of the stomach. A stomach ulcer is usually diagnosed using an endoscope, a fiber optic tube that is inserted into the throat. This device helps in viewing and identifying the ulcer. Stomach ulcers are easily cured, but they can become severe without proper treatment.
Certain factors and behaviors can put you at higher risk for developing stomach ulcers:
- Frequent use of steroids (such as those for treating asthma)
- Hypercalcemia (overproduction of calcium)
- Family history of stomach ulcers
- Being over 50 years old
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Symptoms of Stomach Ulcers-
The most common symptom is a burning sensation or pain in the area between your chest and belly button. Normally, the pain will be more intense when your stomach is empty and it can last for a few minutes or several hours.
Other common symptoms include:
- Dull pain in the stomach
- Weight loss
- Not wanting to eat because of pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Burping or acid reflux
- Heartburn (burning sensation in the chest)
- Pain improves when you eat, drink, or take antacids
- Talk to your doctor if you experience symptoms of a stomach ulcer. Even though discomfort may be mild, ulcers can worsen if they aren’t treated.
Once the disorder has been diagnosed, the treatments are prescribed. For mild ulcers, medications are prescribed depending on the cause. For example – if the cause of the ulcer is a bacterial infection, then it can be treated with antibiotics. If medications do not help, then surgery may be required.
Initially, antacids may be administered that help in reducing the pain, but this measure only provides temporary relief. The aim of ulcer treatment is to reduce the quantity of acid in the stomach and strengthen the stomach lining. If the ulcer is due to a bacterial infection, then a triple therapy is generally used to treat the ulcer.
What is triple therapy?
The triple therapy is a combination of antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor that is used in the treatment of ulcer. If medications fail to work, then surgical treatment may be required. In case of ulcer hemorrhage, the source is identified and then treated accordingly. Surgery can also help in reducing excess acid secretion by the stomach. Avoid intake of too much iron supplements as it can cause irritation to the stomach lining. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Plz sir/ mam yeh btaoo ki agr kisi ko irregular periods hoo toh uske kyaa krnaa chiyaii jo uske irregular periods ki problem khtm hoo jaayaii. please aur yeh b btaao ki kya kya nhi krnaa chiyaii.
I had unprotected intercourse with my wife yesterday. We have 3 month old baby. Baby is with only mother milk till now. She is getting periods irregular basis. Please suggest if she can take contraceptive pill or not. Last period was 15 days back, before that she had periods 15 days back. Please suggest.
I am 37 years old. For the last few months my periods are lasting for 2 days. This month it is about one and half day what should I do. I am a housewife having 8 years old daughter.
I ve been feeling a mild burning sensation in my vagina and vulva area and I have no idea what it is. It burns when I urinate. I went to 2 different docs and they tested me for yeast and fro bacterial infections and everything came back normal. This just started out of nowhere. I don; t have any discharge and everything LOOKS normal but I still have the burning. I feel it sometimes in my anus area as well but mostly in the vulva. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Dr. Please help me my girlfriend took ipill because we were afraid of touching few drops of semen in vagina on 5th nov evening so on 6th nov at 9 am she took ipill and on 12th nov she had a bleeding which continued till 17th nov and 13th was her period date I am confused what was that is it period, ipill side effect or spotting and today is 26th december her period not came Dr. please help me that she is pregnant or not.
Nothing is more disappointing than a failed attempt to lose weight and the constant struggle to shed the flab. Sometimes, best results can be achieved by making simple changes to your lifestyle, including your eating habits without being emotionally and physically stressed. If you have to lose weight, you might as well enjoy the process and do it in a healthier way. Following are ayurvedic tips for a healthier and systematic weight loss:
1. Hot water
Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods for lunch
Your lunch should consist of warm and cooked foods as they are easily digestible and provide the right amount of nutrients for your body. You can include a variety of cooked food in your lunch because the body metabolism gets adequate time to process the food. Eating cold food has a reverse effect on your body as they lead to weight gain. Avoid a diet consisting of only carbohydrates and proteins as they do not nourish your body but simply make you crave for food in between meals. Instead go for green vegetable and lean protein.
3. Light evening meal
The body metabolism and digestion slows down as you reach the end of the day so it's recommended to have light evening meals. Heavy meals in the evening are often poorly digested and accumulate as excess fat. All your efforts of weight maintenance throughout the day goes in vain if you eat a meal of processed foods or foods rich in refined carbohydrates. It is recommended to eat a vegetarian meal or a meal consisting of complex grains like brown rice. Avoid binging on leftovers and high calorie desserts.
It goes without saying that exercise is a key to a healthy mind and body. Do away with a sedentary lifestyle as that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. If you don't have time to workout it will help even if you take a walk daily. Exercise will not only help you to lose the extra kilos but will keep your energy up and increase your body's metabolism. It also improves bone and muscle health.
I have done unprotected sex with my girlfriend on date 08 aug 2016. I did not spread my sperm in her vagina (female sex part). After 2 to 3 hours of it she bleeds and she have bleed only one time. I gave her unwanted 72 after few hours. But when she take it, she started vomiting. From now She vomited many times after eating food. Now ,should I again give unwanted 72 to her? What is the reason her vomiting again after eating food? Please help me.
Sir my friend has sex with her gf sex mean not a sex he just put into pussy and taken out in fraction of minute no sperm entered into her he thinks but he was fully tension that any problem or any effect will happen can you give a solution for one time (even in fraction of minute) will give pregnancy it is my doubt can you please clear.
My wife's ovulation day falls on her 17th day of her cycle. Is it healthy sign. We are planning for a baby for last 6 months.
I'm 25 year old female. My periods are very regular but this month I have missed my periods .it's almost 10 days late. I had urine test as well as blood test for pregnancy but both tests are negative. Please help me.
- Parents are three types either overinvoved and worried. Or rejection /hostility/partiality /criticism from one of the parent. And third is authortarion means balancing.
- One more thing would like to share that now days no indian moral civilization values are decaying day by day in the parent. As a role model. Therefore parent has to b taught about stress free life and values inculcate during pregnancy time. The period is called prenatal time. Which help you to develop the same personality whatyou expect.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.