Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anantha Narayan RoaYour feedback matters!
I am a heavy smoker. I have lung cancer and copd. I am unable to stop smoking. I have anxiety and depression. Please suggest me how to get rid of my habit.
3.7 mm dense focus seen in the right pelvis - Soft tissue classification / calculus. Urinary bladder is mildly distended . NO focal lesion seen. Prostate is normal in size and attenuation. No focal lesion seen. Please advise if I need surgery or just medicine?
I am 22 year old suffring from prostatitis. From last 6 months. I have pressure in bladder. Urine leecage. Chilly ness in night. Pain in prostate. Penics not active. Yellow pus in sperm. Vormating mood. Stomach upset. Irretation in lower area. Uroglist done my urine routin show 2-3 puscell. Seemen anylasis show 10-12 pus cell. No growth in bacteria. Doctor give me levofloxion 500mg for 6 week. I am on 16 day of levofloxion 500mg. In how many days or weeks I am fully cured.
My age is 62 years, I am suffering from Prostate Cancer. I received radiation therapy of 42 sittings during june & July 2014 at HCG hospital, Bangalore and taking harmony therapy simultaneously for the last 1 1/2 years. And also I am diabetic. 6 months back CT Scan showed that the Prostate is normal. Let me know whether any chance of spreading to other organs in future.
I am 60 years old and I have to go for frequent urination at mid night at 2 am to 6 am only. I don't have diabetes or enlarged prostate. What else can be possibilities of other ailments ?
Hi, I have been detected with Ovarian Cancer stage IV in November 2014. I have been treated for the same with Chemotherapy and then surgery and then chemotherapy again. I was discharged fine in June 2015. Now disease has relapsed and chemotherapy is being given again, so wish to take another opinion -1. How can we prevent it to reoccur and how to live, 2. How to increase immunity of the of my body and other methods to prolong the re-occurrence.. I can send reports if required by the concerned specialist.
Dear sir, My prostrate is enlarged in size and weighs approx 27 gms. Impression: hypertrophy of prostrate grade I by sonography. Kindly suggest remedy.
The development of abnormal cells that can spread to other areas of the body is known as cancer. It has about 100 types and includes cancer of the skin, lung, prostate gland and so on. Compared to normal body cells that follow a proper path of cell division, growth, and termination, cancer cells don't die but continue to develop and divide.
Holistic treatment of cancer involves purification and strengthening of body's immune system.
Ayurvedic treatment of cancer comprises an all-around approach keeping in mind your temperament and body characteristics, the affected energies in the body as well as the tissues involved. More importantly, the treatment focuses not only on the malignant spot but your entire body system. This is because Ayurveda believes in restoring harmony to your entire being for the ailment to be treated effectively so as to prevent its recurrence.
The treatment plan involves the purification of the body and of the toxins that influence the cells to attack your body. Certain blood cleansing herbs are administered alongside the recommendation of a detoxifying diet. To stimulate blood flow in your body, herbs that improve blood circulation are prescribed by a practitioner. This renders an efficient removal of toxins, prevents stagnant blood from forming and assists in the healing process of your tissues. Since it's a debilitating disease, herbs and minerals that boost your immunity are also suggested.
What are the holistic methods of treating cancer according to Ayurveda?
The treatment methods for cancer include:
- Elimination of toxins from the body through Panchakarma (a therapy that involves five cleansing procedures)
- Abstinence from lifestyle and foods that lead to the imbalance of the tridosha namely, vata (air), pitta (heat) and kapha (water and earth forces)
- Restitution of the functions of your digestive system
- Rejuvenation through a special form of treatment called rasayanas
- Recommendations on Ayurvedic preparations that can be taken along with radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Suggestions on Ayurvedic medications for minimizing the side effects of the various cancer therapies
In addition to these, treatment also involves suggesting ways to relax the mind. Yoga, meditation, and praanayam (an ancient practice involving ways to control your breath) are some of the ways that are recommended for bringing about deep personal healing for cancer patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acidity ?
Colon cancer is cancer that starts in the large intestine (colon). In most cases it begins as a non-malignant group of cells called polyps, which may turn cancerous over time. After the formation of the malignant tumors, the cancerous cells may spread to other parts of your body through lymph and blood channels. It can occur together with rectal cancer and is known as colorectal cancer.
Causes of Colon Cancer
The occurrence of colon cancer may depend on the presence of precancerous polyps in the colon. Adenomas polyps may turn cancerous, but are removable through colonoscopy. Hyperplastic polyps rarely become cancerous, whereas inflammatory polyps may become cancerous after the inflammation of the colon.
Other risk factors that may influence the occurrence of colon cancer are,
- Genetics: about 20% colon cancers are thought to be caused by mutation of the genes.
- Age: those over the age of 50 are more likely to develop colon cancer, though now it is also increasingly affecting younger people.
- Lifestyle: it is more likely to affect people who lead a sedentary lifestyle, smoke tobacco or are obese.
- Diet: it is more likely to affect those whose diets are high in red meats, calories, and fat while being low in fiber. Alcohol consumption may also affect its occurrence.
- Medical conditions: people who suffer from diabetes, acromegaly (growth hormone disorder) and colitis etc, may also be prone to develop colon cancer.
Warning Signs of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer generally goes undetected in the early stages. The symptoms vary with the location, spread and size of the tumor. In the earlier stages of cancer, most people experience no symptoms, but in the later stages they may experience one or more of these symptoms:
- Change in bowel habits such as diarrhea, constipation or change in consistency of stools; lasting more than a month
- Blood in stool or bleeding from the rectum
- Pain during passage of stool
- Pain, cramps or gas in the abdominal region
- Frequent urges to pass stool
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Unexpected weight loss
However, these symptoms may not necessarily indicate colon cancer. They can occur in the absence of colon cancer too.