Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ananda Babu M.nYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 5 years old and she gets cold very often. Now she is suffering from cold cough and fever. I consulted a physician but not yet get the remedy.
My baby is 1 year 9 month old . But he not speak clearly ' he is looking healthy . Understand everything but when I told him ' he didn't respond . He smile crying walk other activity normal.please help
My grandson is 3 years and 9 months old. While he utters few words he is yet to speak joining words together. He hears well understands active recognises colours items and very friendly. He toe walks. His delayed speech causes concern. Neurosurgeon says he would speak but late. BERA tests and others show he is normal. We put him in play school. He enjoyed. What can we possibly do to help him? We are in Bangalore.
This child diagnosed as psychiatric disease breath holding spell. Quite common nowadays. This child voluntarily hold his breath for few minutes :-) to make worry his parents to fulfill his wish..Beware of Emotinal Atyachar ;-)
I have small 2.5 month baby (boy) He doing potty like yellow water. Not like normal since last 1 month And he crying while doing potty. I think he got pain while potty or what? I do not assume. Why he crying while doing potty. He just having mother's milk not any else. And kharak badam haldi ghuti. Once in day. Can any one suggest me why he doing like that. Why he crying while potty. In last week I got him to pediatric he told me that due to gases problem he having liquid potty. But m not said why he crying while potty. Any one please tell is it normal to cry small 2.5 month baby while potty or any thing else. Why he doing liquid potty like only water. Is it normal or not. What should eat by mother for good baby's health. Kharak badam haldi ghuti is good or not for baby. As I give him since last 1 month I saw difference that is he is looking like healthy .so I give him. Any one please suggest me.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy. It is prescribed by a physician and carefully monitored by a dietitian. It is stricter than the modified Atkins diet, requiring careful measurements of calories, fluids, and proteins.
The name ketogenic means that it produces ketones in the body (keto = ketone, genic = producing). Ketones are formed when the body uses fat for its source of energy.
Usually the body uses carbohydrates (such as sugar, bread, pasta) for its fuel, but because the ketogenic diet is very low in carbohydrates, fats become the primary fuel instead.
Ketones are not dangerous. They can be detected in the urine, blood, and breath. Ketones are one of the more likely mechanisms of action of the diet; with higher ketone levels often leading to improved seizure control. However, there are many other theories for why the diet will work.
We have a son having achondroplasia. His age is about four years. Structure is smaller than normal child. I have heard about growth hormone therapy. But where we will get its specialized treatment?
How to cure fungal infection on genital area? I am suffering from fungal infection with skin rashes and itching on genital area.
My son about 2 years 3 months old accidentally consumed coriminic syrup which contains paracetamol 125 mg per 5 ml about 30 ml. What should I do now. Do he need hospitalization.
Hi I'm a new mother. My baby gal is 1 month 5 days old. While she taking breast milk (always before start sucking) or while cry (at times) she sounds like nose block. I feel like whether it would be cold or snuffles. Worried please advice. If snuffles how to get ride of it.
My daughter is 23 days old. I feed her with breast milk and formulated milk. Will it have a bad effect on her health?
How to overcome bad odour in my 2 and half years old boy's poo though his bowel movements normol everyday.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
My son has vomiting and cough from last 3 days and had a doctor checkup. He was getting better and all of a sudden he turned up with a fever with 102℉ and severe cough and cold. Could it be viral?
My daughter is 9 years her both palms are always release sweat. It become wet and difficult while writing, books become wet. It happens in all seasons. She use hanky always to wipe the sweat.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.