Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ananda Babu M.n
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ananda Babu M.nYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2. 5 months old. She is not having cold cough or anything like that. But she occasionally coughs. Is it normal?
I am having fever from last three days followed by headache and little cold and cough. Please suggest any medicine for this.
My baby is 1 month and 20 days old. She is having loose motion since 9 days we use to feed lactogen formula milk. Doctor suggested to change that and use nutricia Nusobee casein formula. May I know whether its gud for baby. It don't have any side effects right.
" nishamlaki" - tablets are only the first choice of treatment for type 2 diabetes which commonly available as the classical ayurvedic medicine in any ayurvedic medical shop in india. So I advise any of my madhumeha (diabetic) patients in my 40 years of clinical experience as well as teaching ayurveda to my students.
Hi, I was born with a baby girl yesterday, she have a bent right leg, the knee is towards back side (facing to wards the earth) while the other leg is fine I'm unable to understand what to do. Kindly help, suggest the treatments. Thank waiting for suggestions n treatments.
My baby is of 4 months now and he is having saviour cough it really pains him when ever he gets cough. I have an appointment on monday but what should I do till then?
I believe that my 7 month old son has some teething problem due to which he seems to have been defecating numerous time (loose motion types). Is there some medicine which can reduce the loose motion?
My daughter is 7 years old. She often gets fever. It starts suddenly, and increases up to 103-104F. She is vaccinated properly .Now we are using homeopathic medicines. It gives better results to her when compared to allopathy. But we are unable to control the temperature. It gradually increases up to 103 F and reduces up to 100F at early morning and again raises upto 103 by evenings. This condition remains for at least 3 days .later the temperature goes down to below normal and she becomes very weak .We consulted many doctors. All blood test reports are normal. But there is no improvement . She is studying 2nd STD and she is very active and intelligent too. What do I do for her? How do I know the actual reason behind her health problem? Please suggest me. The reports are as follows. Complete blood picture (method: Capillary Photometric) Hb : 12.9 MCV : 77 MCHC : 35.7 ESR : 13 Remaining values are normal. Vit. B12 : 795 PG/ml UsCRP. : 6.9 mg/l Widal : negative QBC : negative Urine : 2-3 pus cells in HPF.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.