Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anand Kumar JYour feedback matters!
Hi my self Prasad. I had unprotected sex with my gf. On 12 of march. Her period was 6th of March. But she missed the period of April normally she will have periods every month 1st to 6th only. Nw its 45 days she didn't get periods. Am scaring she got pregnant. If she is pregnant means how take cure.
Hello . Me and my gf had unprotected sex. Still she not having her periods, her usual dates wer 26-28 and now its 30, we both are so much tensed please suggest me what to do and any pills available in india to stop pregnancy at early stage.
Rimming sex. How I do safe rimming sex. I like to do very much. I use dettol soap daily. Tell me about clean methods for backside. If any infection that me details. After infections how I maintain clean again. Kindly help me.
I am unmarried I have some periods prblm it will be delay how I maintain monthly periods properly or correctly.
How to get free from PCOD? My friend is suffering from it. She didn't get pregnancy due to this, doctors said.
My vagina area is becoming dark day by day please suggest me some cream or medicine to make it fairer.
Drink more fluids
- Drink more fluids, regardless of your activity level. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. Bring a reusable water bottle with you to maintain hydration. If you're at work, you could also bring a pitcher and glass and fill it every morning.
- If you're older, be especially careful to drink fluids because the amount of water retained by the body decreases with age.
- Avoid salt tablets if possible. If your doctor has you on water pills, ask him or her how much you should drink.
- Don't drink liquids with dehydrating caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar. Avoid very cold drinks.
- At family events and reunions, bring a cooler of cool drinks.
- Cut back on exercising; if you must exercise, drink two to four glasses of cool, nonalcoholic fluids each hour.
Keep your body cool
- Dress in lightweight light-colored clothing and sun-reflective shirts. Wear loose clothing.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses. Keep a stash of hats on hand for friends and family!
- According to the cdc, fans may provide comfort but they do not prevent heat-related illnesses when the temperature is in the high 90s. Take a cool shower or bath, or move to an air-conditioned place to cool off.
- Stay in the shade, especially between 11 a. M. And 3 p. M.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day.
- Never leave anyone in closed, parked vehicle, even with the windows down.
- To feel cooler, eat cooler. Reduce your protein intake.
- Open your house to the breeze after sunset and leave it open until dawn.
- In the early morning, draw the shades before the temperature starts to rise.
Protect yourself from the sun
- Don't get too much sun. Sunburn makes it difficult for your body to dissipate heat.
- As well as a hat and sunglasses, wear sunscreen spf 15 or higher. The most effective products say 'broad spectrum' or 'uva/uvb' on their labels.
- Be aware of heavy sweating, hot and dry skin, rapid pulse, pale or clammy skin, and cramps in your leg or abdomen muscles. All could be signs of heat disorder.
- If you are older, it's wise to keep medical information readily available, including phone numbers of health care providers and copies of your prescription and health insurance cards.
My friend took unwanted 72after foreplay in panic now she is worried about her MC please tell me is there any effect on monthly cycle? Last time she had her periods on 24 and when her periods will come?
Hi doctor, 3 months before married to my wife 26 yrs. But after intercourses not conceived, so after consulting a DGO done a ultrasonography- abdomen & pelvis (TAS & TVS). In the result given, minimal free fluid in the POD Impression:- USG Abdomen and pelvis reveled 1. Polycystic ovarian disease is of concern Given. From this what we want to mean. Kindly reply me as soon as possible.
Can an ectopic pregnancy go unnoticed till 8th week of pregnancy? As in, is it possible for the HCG level to be so low in the 8th week that it is not detectable in a urine pregnancy test?
My periods are due on 15th of this month. Suggest medicines for postponement of periods with number of times to be taken in a day. Thank you.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.