Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand KumarYour feedback matters!
Eyes are a major attraction of your face and if it is covered with dark circles, beauty is lost as the face looks dull, tried. Insufficient sleep, hereditary traits, dehydration, lack of nutrients, kidney, liver problems are common causes behind it. A healthy nutritious diet filled with vitamins a, c, k, e vitamins help to get rid of dark circles.
Vitamin a -- this nutrient supply helps to get rid of dark circles, antiaging affects on skin. Antioxidant in food rich i.e Vitamin A promotes proper digestion, flushing of toxins from the system and cures liver, kidney problems. Carrots, spinach, puplmpkin, eggs, dried apricot, papaya, mango, peecha, sweet potato these all conrains vitamin a.
Vitamin k __ it heals damaged capillaries, arteries and increase blood circulation. Spinach, dried basil leaves, turnip, cabbage, cucumber, prunes, coriander leaves, spring onion contains vitamin k.
Vitamin c __ vitamin c removes free radicles, toxins from system. Mustard, papaya, hot chilli, kiwi strawberries, cabbage, oranges.
Vitamin e __it help to regulate vitamin a in body. It protect your skin from tanning, pollution, dust, side effects of medication. Spinach, asparagus, mango, sunflower seeds, olives.
Have these nutritious and healthy diet food to get rid of dark circles.
I have black skin on underarms, downwards stomach, is there any cream for removing that and give natural fairness.
I have problem with my lips for last three days they became dry after half an hour. Pls suggest some tips.
I am 24 years female. I have rashes on my legs from knee to feet ,thighs and on back side of hip also. Its reddish color and very itchy. My skin type is dry. I tried some moisturizer like vaseline and coconut oil but no changes it shows. Can you recommend any solution for this?
During winter my palm forms small water filled blisters which itches a little and ends up cracking of skin of my entire palm it gets fixed and repeats 3-4 times every winter. I want to know wht it is and how to fix it?
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.