Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Jayaprakash
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anand JayaprakashYour feedback matters!
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Im experiencing bad smell while sneeze and also bad odour in mouth, im brushing gently and rinse with mouthwash too, gv me some remedies.
Dear sir/ madam mere muh se smell aane ki problem h or brush krte time muh se khana nhi aata h please consult me any medicine for my treatment.
My teeth is so yellow and big gap between front two teeth it's looks vry ugly how to become my teeth beautiful.
Hello Sir I have ulcer in mouth and it give very much pain there are 2 ulcer I can't eat food sir please tell me something to heal that.
I have dental problem. My teeth have become zig-zag. I have also cavity problem and also ache problem. What should I do?
I am 41 years old, male. My problem is there is a very bad smell in my mouth every time for last few years. I could not speak with others whole heartedly. I have taken allopathy according to dentist, taken homeopathy but no result. I do not have any constipation. Every day two times latrin I do used. What should I do. Please advice.
Doctor have suggested me braces for my teeth. For 1 year 6 months can I have some other option then braces as it looks very ugly
I have sensitive teeth. I am using sensodyne from past six months, but still facing sensitive problem can any one suggest other methods.
Tooth reshaping removes parts of the enamel to improve the appearance of the tooth. It may be used to correct a small chip, or to alter the length, shape or position of teeth, as well as when there is tooth size discrepancy;. it can be used to correct crooked or excessively long teeth. The removed enamel is irreplaceable, and may sometimes expose dentin. It is also known as enameloplasty, odontoplasty, contouring, recontouring, slenderizing, stripping. This procedure offers fast results and can even be a substitute for braces under certain circumstances.
I am 22 year old. Problem is regarding while brushing teeth. Front lower teeth are in zig zag manner which create problem while brushing if brush touch on gums it start bleeding how can I clean them properly?
Orthodontics happens to be the first specialty in dentistry. It deals with prevention, interception & correction of malocclusion (improper bite). Common problems like spacing between teeth, crowding of teeth due to lack of space, protrusion of teeth, un-aesthetic smile etc. Can be easily corrected by timely orthodontic intervention.
A malocclusion can result either due to abnormal position of the teeth or lack of harmony between upper & lower jaws. The best person to treat problems of such nature is an orthodontist. An orthodontist undergoes three years of rigorous training during his postgraduate program wherein he treats hundreds of patients having malocclusion of varying severity. After successful completion of the course he is awarded with the degree of mds orthodontics.
However as a consequence of lack of awareness, a lot of patients still do not seek the advice of an orthodontist for their problem. As a result such patient do not get the desired treatment outcome which predisposes their dentition for relapse after treatment. In addition such patients may also experience harmful effects on their occlusion (chewing efficiency) and may develop tmj (temporomandibular joint) related disorders in the long run. It is recommended that an orthodontic specialist be consulted before undergoing treatment of such nature.