Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnandYour feedback matters!
I am going through irregular period I have to get my date on 7th of march but I did not and my last period is on 7th of feb from feb to march 12 I am with my parent (no intercourse) after 12 th of march I am with my husband up to date are there any chances that I my conceive (pregnant)?
My Aunt have irregular periods and could not get pregnant till yet. Three years passed to her marriage.
Iam 6 month pregnant and i am suffering from serious pain in my left side chest n hand n back plzz suggest me something soon.
I have pcod. Periods has stopped since 9 months. Want to pregnant but how can it be possible?please let me know
My sister got periods in this month but not stopped till continued bleeding from now that is 15 days mostly and she go urine more times a day. She got married and children also. What was the reason and treatment for this problem. Please suggest some idea. Thank you.
We had sex on 8, 9, 13 Nov without condom but I had not released my sperm inside her vagina. Her period start always 22 -24 Nov but till now her period is not start. Today is 29 Nov we have checked urine pregnancy test. The result is negative. But why her period is not start till now. Please help me.
My son is one and a half month old he is not at all breastfeeding as I try to breastfeed him he cries a lot nonstop. So which milk is best for him. As Dr. said I have flat nipple so I tried nipple shield also but than too he is not breastfeeding. Kindly suggest some alternate way to breast feed him or milk of which animal is best for him.
Hello doctors. Can PCOS be cured? Can any woman be pregnant having pcos? If possible then share some tips how it can cured. Please.
During toilet I feel small pain and after taking food I feel vomit I had sex with my bf before 2 days Is this sign of pregnancy or any other problem.
She is not having her periods this month and it has been 10 days still no sign of period. She is Sexually active and she is afraid of getting pregnant and even pregnancy test kit shows negative but still she is worried because test might be low sensitive so under what test she should go to ensure her pregnancy? And after test if result comes out positive than which tablet kit she should take to get rid off her pregnancy? Please mam provide me solution because she is too much tensed.
After delivery I m having sex but next day my vagina and abdomen is pain. Doctors insert the cooptie inside vagina for unwanted birth before three year is good for me or notMy virginal delivery and after birth some stichs also in vagina. But now is five months complete of delivery why my body feelings paining aches uneasy lazinessPlease suggest.
Pregnancy is that wonderful and beautiful phase that most women rejoice about. However, many may find it hard to believe that pregnancy can bring with it a condition known as ‘antenatal depression’. This is a common condition in expecting mothers and should not be ignored.
Depression during pregnancy like regular depression is a clinical condition and requires further investigation and management. Pregnancy is related to the female hormones and therefore, mood swings are common (as during PMS and menopause). However, depressed pregnant women would typically have the following associated symptoms too.
Altered eating habits
Altered sleeping patterns (too much or too less)
Loss of attention/ability to focus
Losing interest in activities which usually interest the person
Feeling very anxious
Constant feeling of sadness
Uncertainty about the future
Feeling of worthlessness
It has been noted about 25% of women can get depressed during pregnancy for varying periods of time. Some potential reasons for this are as below.
Strained relationships: One of the most important factors for a healthy pregnancy is a happy relationship, not just with the partner, but with immediate and close family members with whom there is a high level of regular interaction.
Work stress: For working women, a stressful office environment could take a toll on their moods.
Previous miscarriages: This can cause anxiety and depression about possible repeat incident.
Potential complications: If the periodic examinations showed up possibility for complications in pregnancy, the chance of depression in the mother increase.
How it affects pregnancy?
A depressed mother would not be able to care for herself and therefore, the baby may not get adequate nutrition for its development. Additionally, the potential for nicotine and alcohol abuse increases, which also negatively impacts the baby’s growth. There could be low birth weight, premature birth and developmental delays after birth.
How it can be managed?
While the hormonal changes during pregnancy causes mood swings, diagnosing if it is depression is important. A consultation with a psychiatrist may be required for some women.
Some of the options available for treatment include support groups, individual counseling, and medications.
It is important to understand that this is a common condition and you are not the only one going through this. Talking to other women who feel depressed can help in mood uplifting of all involved.
If you are too shy about it, individual counseling could be the next best thing.
Stress management including light exercise, music, meditation, rest, diet, and support from close friends and family are highly recommended.
- Since most antidepressants would reach the baby, it is advisable to avoid these less you need them as a last resort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi get a larg amount f white discharge every day. And when I have intercourse with my partner I get rashes and boils. Now my vagina is also itching. What to do to get instant relief. Also my private part is too big in size is there any way to reduce it.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.