Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnandYour feedback matters!
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
My skin is normal but gets sweat often, which soap and fairness cream is best for daily usage and which is better for face soap or facewash, if facewash then kindly suggest me that too.
Im 45 years, in march I got detected for Melasma, pigmentation on the skin, cheeks in the face. Using Go lite night cream, morning banana, trenaxa tablet- 500 mg OD, now started laser therapy- 2 sittings. But black areas are still visible. Also trying homeopathy. Pl advice.
I had a fair skin since my childhood. After starting to play football I have tanned skin and I have not taken any proper remedies for it. I have my marriage in less than a month. I need my fairness back. Please suggest me good solution for it.
I am 27 years old male have dark circles around my eye. Tried lots of cream available in the market but nothing helped. Please advise.
Hello. I am 24 years. Women. I developed small pale patch near eye corner on face. Doctor said to use flutivate cream. Applying it since one month. But no develpoment. Its slowly becoming bigger. Please suggest me what to use and how to get rid of it ?
The skin can get dull and result in acne and other breakouts if exposed to the sun or other environmental factors. Homeopathic treatments have one major advantage over other forms of treatment that is they do not have any side effects.
Some homeopathic treatments for getting clear skin are-
1. Sulphur - Symptoms of dry and scaly skin can be treated by sulphur. It can also be used to treat skin eruptions such as pimples and pimple marks.
2. Bovista - Bovista is a homeopathic remedy used for disorders resulting from excessive use of cosmetics. Pimples and dark skin are problems caused by excessive cosmetic products use and treating these symptoms with bovista can help in achieving a clear and healthy skin.
3. Psorinum - People affected by overactive sebaceous glands, which results in excessive oil production benefit from using Psorinum. It will remove symptoms of greasy skin and pimples caused as a result of oily skin.
4. Silicea - Silicea is a homeopathic medicine used when acne leaves deep marks on the skin. This treatment gets rid of the scars to give a clear skin.
5. Sepia - Discoloration of the face caused due to liver disorders or hormonal imbalance is treated by Sepia. Sepia eliminates these discolorations and gives you clear and healthy skin.