Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand B MYour feedback matters!
Skin care: Papaya contains vitamin - A and papain enzyme that helps remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate skin. Mash three medium pieces of papaya and mix it with a spoon of honey to make a paste. Apply this mixture onto your face and rinse with cold water after 10 minutes for a healthy and glowing skin
I have Dark Circles since 5th Standard and now I'm 23 years Old. I used many under eye creams, oils, gels etc. No effect.
Hello sir, I'm suffering form month born like red lips. I don't know what should happen or what I can't. please help me what should I do?
I have a problem of facial hair growth and I am a girl due to hormonal imbalances. What should I do?
I am 24 years, female, my eye are hazel color and I have dark circles, and its deep like and the dark circle become so dark and m fair so it does not look good, so the question is it will remain life time how can I remove it please suggest.
I have pimples and black spots on my face. How could I get free from these pimples and black spots. Please suggest me to make my face fair.
I had some pimples on my cheeks, foreheads and below the lips and they have gone now leaving its scars. The scars are being lighted on applying medicine but the scars on both cheeks remain red always and not being cured. Suggest a strong medicine so I can make my pimple scars disappear.
Hello doctor. I heard about a skin lightening product named glutathione 3gs. And also it is a steroid. I need some detail about it and is it safe to inject. Thank you.
I am 19 years old and my problem is pimples and marks on face so what consultation can I get from u? please advise.
Hi, can I Know any creams of ayurveda which brightness my skin and get fair? My color is reduced eventually. I'm worried please suggest me how to get back my color complexion. My skin is oil and tend to get dull within half an hour.
Hi my name is Amol. From last 3 ways im suffering from skin disease near my legs . It is a beginning now but I want to prevent please refers me the diet.
Freckles are those flat and tanned circular spots which are normally the size of the head of nail. There can be numerous spots and may develop on the areas that are repeatedly exposed to sunlight. People with a fair complexion on the upper portions of the body are more prone to develop freckles on areas like the nose, arms, cheeks and upper shoulders. Infants too can also be affected by this skin condition.
What causes freckles?
Normally, freckles are uniform in colour though they may vary among different people. Some people may have reddish yellow patches on the skin while others may develop a tan or bright yellow or black and typically darker than the color of the surrounding skin. Sun exposure is the primary cause behind freckles and thus, the condition worsens right after you are exposed to sunlight. These patches get lightened during winter months and are also caused due to a splurge in the amount of melanin pigment (learn more about pigmentation) and not due to any sort of increase in the number of pigment producing cells called melanocytes.
Probable ways of preventing freckles
There are several safe and preventive methods of lightening and reducing freckles and in most cases multiple treatments are combined to get the best results. It is important to remember that the condition of the freckles is not always alleviated with treatments and it may recur with repeated exposure to the sun. Therefore, it is best to prevent them from the very before they develop instead of seek for some cure when they arrive.
- Apply sunscreen: You are advised to apply sunscreen every time you go out in the sun. It is important to check whether your sunscreen offers blockage from both the UVA and UVB rays. You will have to reapply the sunscreen after every two hours under normal conditions and also after sweating and swimming (learn about the Sunscreen : Do's & Don'ts).
- Wear a hat while going out: Get a hold of a good quality hat that doesn’t have a weave or mesh through which light may enter. It will offer you shade and protection against the sun at all places. In case it is possible, you must avoid going out in the sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as the sunrays are most intense during this time.
In case you are already affected with freckles, you must stay away from tanning beds and check your medications, as there are some medicines like birth control pills and certain antibiotics which may further aggravate the condition.
Leucoderma is more commonly known as vitiligo. It is characterized by white patches developing on your body and it can happen to any part of the body. The reason why vitiligo occurs is because melanocytes, which comprise the pigment known as melanin, get damaged. Melanin imparts your skin its color, hence, a lack of it results in vitiligo. Here are the exact causes, symptoms and treatment of vitiligo:
- Vitiligo occurs when the melanocytes, which comprise the pigment "melanin", get damaged.
- However, it is worth note that the exact cause of vitiligo is unknown although it does affect dark skinned people a lot more. There have been many theories about what causes this disease however.
- Vitiligo, being an autoimmune disease, is caused when the melanocytes attack your immune system.
- The most common symptom of leucoderma is that white patches develop on the body.
- The white patches appear rapidly at first followed by a rather stable period where the disease does not progress any further.
- Leucoderma can even affect the hair and eyelids and it is extremely rare for pigmentation to come back to normal.
- Finally, it is worth note that leucoderma has high chances of occurring to the areas of the body which are exposed more to the sun, areas where there were injuries before as well as the area around moles.
Leucoderma can be easily cured with Ayurvedic treatment. Phototherapy and laser also help to treat the condition faster.
Who is at risk?
Men and women are equally likely to suffer from vitiligo. However, factors such as having a family history of vitiligo or leucoderma and having autoimmune disorders make you more susceptible to leucoderma.