Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Arumugam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anand ArumugamYour feedback matters!
I am 52 years man having a problem of after passing a urine some drop of white discharged every time urine passed please give me suggestion what to do.
I feel itching sometimes in my anus .Since last 3 years when I suffered from jaundice. Still l feel itching and it's regularly 10 days, 15 days at the break of 2-3 months and it's out of control. please suggest me is it piles? What shall l do.
Does consumption of isotretinoin (Accutane) increase temporary diabetes? I have give up taking isotretinoin from past one month but I need to go to toilet for urination? What to do?
My wife is having serious problem she facing excess urine problem every 10 minutes special in night & also passing White Discharge. please suggest.?
I am having sebaceous cysts on my testis sheath, the same has been from more than 15 years now, though they are not painful but itchy, I have been avoiding the same for long as I didn't found any medicine for the same. Is there any way I can get rid of them completely.
Hello, I'm suffering from penis pain as when I'm releasing urine during that time I'm feeling pain inside it. What should I do?
Hi I am having kidney stone of size 9.2 mm in right and 5 mm in left .can it be cured using ESWL process and at the same time or in different time since its in both kidney.
Sir I am 27 years unmarried boy, I have sugar in urine not in blood, my main problems are -urine frequently, early morning back pain, erection these are the problems I am facing from last 4 years. I smoke marijuana and taken over alcohol with this I did over masturbation nearly everyday 4 times, I did these things from this time period 2009 to 2013, 2013 onwards I stop every thing after I am facing these health problems back pain, sugar in urine, erection, is these problems with this marijuana.
The kidneys are responsible for the elimination of waste from the body. The blood is filtered in the kidneys and all toxic wastes are filtered out and excreted through urine. When this filtration does not happen effectively, a lot of waste can be found in the blood, which affects normal body function.
Kidneys may lose their functioning either due to age, injury, or disease conditions. Whatever the reason, when kidney function is hampered, the body suffers. If there was an injury or congenital problem, it could be unilateral and the non-affected kidney could still do the function. However, if it is infection or old age, normally both kidneys are affected and then replacement should be looked for externally. This is where a kidney transplant comes into the picture.
What is it?
It is a surgery where a healthy, functioning kidney is placed into the body. The donor could be
- Living: These donors have to be related or unrelated. Related is often termed someone, who is a family member and is willing to donate one kidney (one kidney is sufficient for normal, healthy individuals) to the diseased person.
- Cadaver: If a person is willing to donate kidneys post death, these are used for transplant, within a specified time.
Identifying the right donor and recipient:
- Blood type and tissue type should be matched; a good tissue type match improves the chances of success
- Overall health of the donor to ensure there is no heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- The recipient also should be healthy
What to expect during surgery?
- Once a donor is identified, in living donors, the surgery to remove the kidney and to transplant it are done simultaneously
- The surgery usually takes about 3 to 4 hours
- Antibiotics are given prior to the surgery to prevent infection
- The blood vessels and ureter are connected back to the kidney after the transplant
- Hospital stay can range from 5 days to 2 weeks, depending on the overall health of the patient and the anticipated risk of rejection.
- Most transplanted kidneys work effectively almost immediately. A kidney stored from a cadaver may take a little longer compared to a fresh kidney from a living donor
- People who have had transplants are put on immunosuppressants on a chronic basis to reduce chances of rejection. The new kidney will always be recognised by the body as a foreign body, and so this is essential.
Kidney transplant success rates are quite high, and more and more people are opting for transplants as opposed to dialysis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!