Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Anand A RaoYour feedback matters!
I am given medicines for schizophrenia though I feel I do not belong to that category. What to do, they are also increasing the dosage of Amisulpride to check the maximum limit of 400 mg *twice a day. How can I get rid of the doctor's treatment for a non-entity and be free from Medicines?
I am suffering from ocd .i m gng to doctor for last 1 year. Suddenly my weight increased and feeling weakness from last visit to doctor.
Sir I am Vikas from Delhi, actually any work come in my hand then my mind is full stress so how to overcome and live full of enjoy.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Help me.
Doe smoking really cost losing memory? I have been smoking for 4 years and no I forget things so easily and earlier I use to be a sharp memory kind of guy. Is this smoking effect or I am over thinking?
Sir I am doing smoking is their any way to quet smoking please tell me sir. And also I have abdominal problem give me ans plz.
Hi from last 20 days I have constant burping and mild pain coming and going 3-4 times in a day below rib cage increase when deep breath. I do not have loss of appetite please suggest.
I feel shy to meet people, my friends and my relatives .a few days ago I went to one of my relatives house ,there came three grandmas to see me but even with them I couldn't talk to them well with a good eye-contact ,I felt shy and even I couldn't give them stimulus response .Due to shyness ,lack of stimulus response I always avoid all types of people. .Rather I think that problem should remain as it is than solving. .Please give me any idea to overcome it.
I am 46 years man suffering acidity & constipation 15 years treatment under ayurvedic sometimes allopathic. Now suffering anxiety, feeling of heart attack, fear.
I studied competition exam in 2014. That time I am nervous and stress too. I think very much about my success and failure. One day I have pain in brain. I take declorine tablet. But after some time I consult a doctor and he tell I have migraine. I taking medicine long time but I have no relief.in fact I doing every thing but I can not consontrait on my study. I can not explain what is this but my study is stopped. And than I join a job. Now since 2 year I doing job. I have no problem. But whenever I watch TV or reading books I can't focus fully and I can't study like my school days. I want to ask you why my study is affected. I think I never doing study now.
She is not so much friendly in school and don't want to answer to her teacher and sometime her teacher told me she keep speaking with her own self alone. She could not make friendship those who come in my house. She regularly go to nearby garden BT have limited friends and one the most important thing is she is nt be able to walk properly on downstairs and upstairs. She does not want to listen carefully. I am nt so much strict with my daughter.
Midnight I went to a doctor in emergency because I was feeling shivered, cold sweats, anxiety he prescribed me IV pantoprazole and and tab epitril 0.5 mg and asked me to take rest for few time and again consult me but I felt relieved after taking the dose and he asked the same that its due to acid reflux he prescribed tab. pantoprazole and some B complex syrup for 3 days.
My bro got epilepsy attack in morning n again now inspite of regular medication with zefretol, lamitor DT, and levipil. He has fever also. What to do now? No doctors are available today.
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
My cousin is 19 year old. She has been diagnosed with psychosis 8 months before. She is under medications of respideral 2 mg and censpram lite in the night time. She is fine and normal. Only one thought is not going from her mind that she get lost in the shopping mall even though she is not lost finding her own way in the shopping mall but still saying that I am lost. Otherwise She is studying well. Please advice me What should I do?
Am suffering from depression. And I have take antidepressants and. Depression reduced. Bt I facing some low energy. please help me.
I smoke about 4-5 cigerates daily. Does that mean I will be affected by cancer at later stages of my life.
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.