Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Collagen a structural protein in animals is a quick healer of wounds. The collagen of cows or pigs carries a risk of transmitting foot and mouth disease. At donghua university in shanghai has found an alternate collagen. Conducted on rats, the study found their wounds healed faster using nano fibres from the collagen found in tilapia fish than those rats that didn't have collagen dressing with no adverse reaction to it
Dear Sir/madam, my wife got periods on today means 18/08/2015, wat is best dates and times for conceive for a baby, which date have do sex with my wife, pls help me.
Hi, I am male 29 years old My wife's water broke on 01/08/2016. We did scanning on 03/08/2016. The doctor told that labor will start soon. The water was blowing every day. We waited till 10/08/2016. A slight pain started in her back on 11/08/2016. We rushed to hospital. After 3 hours we had a still born baby. He was our first baby, a boy. We are very upset. The weight of the child was 3.5 kg. We want to know the reason of death of my baby.
3rd trimester is start of my wife. Which changes seen in vagina. And which food should be taken for best pregnancy?
I am 26 year old female. Married since 2 years but after marriage I started to have irregular periods of 40 days before that I had 28 days of regular periods. Now it has worsen coz my periods are late my 90 days hell me.
I am 25 yrs female. I missed my last period which usually comes in middle of month n thick white vaginal discharge is present some day. Even feeling tired, loss of appetite, irritable and warm body this days. I hope I am not pregnant or have gynecological problem.
I am pregnant. My 4th month is running. I am eager to do sex now. As I hav not done from last 3 nd half month. So is it safe to do.
My friend is married anfgot delayed period for more than one month n still shez not pregnant .n dis happens to her since she got married what could be d reason behind it?
She had unprotected sex and after that she took contraceptives twice in two days. How ever her her periods date was supposed to be 2 days after the date of intercourse bt she missed it. Its been 7 days and still no periods. Is she pregnant?
I am 17 year old girl and I want to ask that is it natural pain during menstrual period or is there any medicine to cure it permanently?
I am 19 years old I had sex wid my partner on 29th November bt I had I pill and there was a last day of my periods next day 30th November again I had sex bt didn't go for I pill option now after 8 days m bleeding frm two days not an heavy bleeding like periods bt still bleeding. M I pregnant? Is the sign of early pregnancy?
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation.
When a person is preoccupied with physical fantasies to the point of dysfunction for at least six months, he or she suffers from hyper sexuality. Hyper sexuality is also known as nymphomania or compulsive sexual behavior. These sexual fantasies are usually combined with a compulsive pursuit of non-intimate or casual sex, excessive masturbation habit, pornography, objective partner sex and romantic intensity.
It is more complex than just having an unusually high sex drive because sexual activity gives the addict an intense feeling of euphoria, suppressing other thoughts which cause distress, self-loathing and shame. This interferes with the daily regimen of activities. Treatment and management of sex addiction is imperative because it is disruptive and harmful not just to you but also to others.It also damages relationships, careers and self-esteem.
People suffering from hyper sexuality exhibit the following symptoms:
1. They engage in compulsive masturbation
2. They frequently hire prostitutes
3. Usage of phone sex services excessively
4. They have multiple extramarital affairs
5. They plan out sexual activities excessively
6. They engage in one night stands frequently
7. They are emotionally detached from their sexual partners
8. They prefer unprotected sex
9. They obsess about an unattainable sexual partner
10. They show tendencies of paraphilia
The primary and identifiable causes of hyper sexuality are as follows:
1. Biochemical imbalances in neurotransmitters and nervous system disorders
2. Medical conditions that damage certain parts of the brain of affect brain functioning
3. Overproduction of hormones such as androgens (present in males and females)
4. Being predisposed to hyper sexuality due to genes
5. Altered neural pathways
6. Suffering from childhood abuse
7. Dysfunctional family dynamics
Sexual addiction is believed to be a dysfunctional adult response towards emotional or character regulatory deficits and innate personality as well as abuse, early detachment disorders and trauma. Hyper sexuality is a symptom of a lot of mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, adult attention deficit disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder.
Sex addicts usually do not seek treatment for their addiction until the consequences of their activities are dire and have an overt negative effect on their health, relationships, finances and career. Since addicts feel ashamed and despise themselves, they usually do not seek help until they hit rock bottom. However, it is crucial to treat this disorder in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life where one is not controlled by their addiction. You can also take the package for having safe sex.
Hyper sexuality can be treated using the following methods:
- Group Therapy
- Family and couples therapy
- Support groups
- Self-help groups
- Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH)
- Mood Stabilizers
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.