Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AmrutheswariYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. Initially my periods continued for 4-5 days with good flow but since last 1.5 years it has reduced to 3 days with a good flow. This month I had periods for 2 days third day there was no flow and again 4th and 5th day there was moderate flow ample to use a napkin. Please suggest.
I had sex with my hus for first time before three days. After having sex a reddish brown coloured liquid is coming from my vagina. The day after sex I ate papaya in the evng. And the 3rd day morning I went to pee and I found that im bleeding like in ma periods time. I was bleeding only one time. Is it a abortion bleeding. Im felt so much pain in my vagina and now itz lit fine than before. I'm I pregnant?. Im feeling like abortion happened in me.
2 months back i had done family planning operation but i want to become pregnant again can you send home treatment without any surgeries because i cannot afford costly surgeries please give answer is it any possible natural way of getting pregnant
In the process of Fingering she bleed and pain started. She thought she might loose Virginity. And vagina pain continue for 2 days and 2nd day again she bleed. Whats the reason? Is it normal or she has to consult doctor?
I am 2 months pregnant. Tell me to take injection during whole pregnancy. And time period of injections.
Dear Dr. last 3 days back we had unprotected sex after that she take I pill but still not get any periods is there any chances to get pregnant.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly.
Exercise can enhance the development of new brain cells that play an important role in learning and memory of adults
The process of developing new brain cells in the adult brain is called adult neuro genesis. Exercise induces increase in neuro genesis improves pattern separation by supporting unique and detailed long term representations of similar but nevertheless different memory items
My wife having bp since two months, from past six months her mensus is not happening, her age is 47 years feeling uneasy.
त्योहारों के मौसम में बाजारों में लगाई जाने वाली मेहंदी में पैरा फैनिलिनडायमिन (पीपीडी) और डायमीन नामक रसायन होते हैं जो त्वचा संक्रमण का कारण हो सकते हैं। मेहंदी के रंग को गहरा करने के लिए इसमें ये खतरनाक रसायन मिलाए जाते हैं। इससे त्वचा में जलन, सूजन, खुजली और खरोंच के निशान बन जाने का खतरा होता है। इन खतरनाक रासायनों से तैयार मेहंदी सूर्य की अल्ट्रावायलेट किरणों के सम्पर्क में आने पर कैंसर का कारण बन सकता है। वैसे इसमे सिर्फ पीपीडी ही नहीं बल्कि इनमें मौजूद अमोनिया, आक्सीडेटिन, पैराक्साइड, हाइड्रोजन तथा अन्य केमिकल भी मानवीय त्वचा के लिए अत्यंत खतरनाक है। इसमें मौजूद पीएच एसिड तो और भी ज्यादा नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है।