Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita PritamYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old male and have backache for last 1 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 20 years old boy. I often get upset & sometimes suddenly find everything boring. I sometimes become very sensitive emotionally. Please suggest some tips to cure this.
I am 18 years old. I am loosing my fingerprints. Is it a bad indication. What to do. Why it happening?
Hi doctor. I am 23 years old female. My lips are becoming dark and I want natural color back so can you please suggest me any cream or balm? I do not smoke and also I have used many used many remedies but those were not effective I have also used getlite cream but it was not affective.
Hi I m 23 years old girl I hve a problem of irregular periods it continues spotting for 10 to 15 days I am having ginette 35 since last feb due to hormonal issues of prolactin serum which not very high bt still nothing is happen pls suggest?
Which is the best available hair oil in the market? Want to know the name? Right time to apply? Duration oil has to be in head?
I've been taking anti-depressants on the recommendation of my psychiatrist, but they seem to be making no difference and instead have multiple side-effects. Currently, I've tried Spenzo, Prestiq, Unidex 100, Clobazam, Ec Pan. In the past, I tried Modafinil and it did seem to work by making me energized and more active. Should I change psychiatrists? Try different medication? Or try Modafinil as an anti-depressant?
I am 45 year old and male have astma (breathing problem at the time of winter) for the past 10 years. Please give me solution.
Hi the enamel which is missing in my tooth as told by the doc. Will it reproduce itself naturally after some days?
I got holes on face due to pinching of pimples, right now I have clear face with holes left as it is.
Hai sir this is Prasad my wife's last period date on 3 rd June, still She didn't get periods, from last 3 days she was suffering with pain in abdomen, I did pregnancy test twice but it's showing negative. Could you please tell the reasons for not getting periods.
My age is 20 years , often I get tired and feeling fainted so can you please tell me what might be the reason ?
Actually from last few days he is suffering from the problem of frequent urination and also he is not feeling to eat anything. So sir plzzz give solution for it, especially the frequent urination problem.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or Disease (PCOS) is a very common condition, wherein there are multiple cysts in the ovaries. As a result, there are many changes which the body undergoes and it is not limited to the gynecologic system. A woman with PCOS may also find it difficult to conceive, and so, once she is pregnant, precautions are essential to ensure there are no complications.
- Preeclampsia: When the blood pressure readings are high during pregnancy, it is known as preeclampsia. It brings with it a whole lot of complications including the need to cesarean section, premature birth, etc. So, it is best avoided, and diet can help to some extent.
- Diabetes: Gestational diabetes which manifests as higher sugar levels only during the pregnancy is very common in women with PCOS. The increased hormone levels in PCOS increase insulin resistance, thereby increasing sugar levels. This needs to be managed through a combination of diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Preterm labor: Women with PCOS are at a slightly higher risk of premature labor.
- Weight-related issues: PCOS leads to weight gain, and this could be a problem during pregnancy. It is essential to discuss with the doctor as to what would be a good weight range and stay within that range throughout pregnancy. Weight gain brings with it a host of complications and so best avoided.
With PCOS, during pregnancy, strict cautious diet planning can help in avoiding complications and allow for an easier pregnancy. Though they may not solve every problem associated with PCOS, dietary modifications can have a significant effect on the overall health and well-being. Listed below are some easy-to-make changes:
- Increase consumption of fibres like greens, nuts, pumpkin, berries, whole grains, almonds, etc. are included. This ensures that digestion is a prolonged and gradual spike in blood sugar levels.
- Increase protein-rich foods like soya, tofu, eggs, and chicken, which help in avoiding binging. They are light on the stomach and help in weight management.
- Foods which are generally anti-inflammatory including tomatoes, olive oil, spinach, fresh fruits, and omega-3 fatty acids help in controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Supplements to include omega-3 fatty acids, prenatal vitamins, vitamin D, and calcium if required ensure that the baby gets the required nutrients for optimal growth.
What to avoid:
Anything that can spike up calories and is of low nutritional value should be avoided.
- Avoid whites – pasta, rice, and bread
- Baked and processed foods
- Candies, chocolates, snacks
- Salty and spicy fried snacks
- Aerated drinks and soda
PCOS in pregnancy presents a combination risk, and dietary changes and weight management are essential for a safe pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.