Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita PrabhuYour feedback matters!
I have a wide vagina, can insert 3 fingers horizontally and it is difficult to feel my partner during penetration, I would like to know that with the given condition if someone fingers me or assaults me while I am asleep, will I get to know?
Hi I am 29 year old and recently came to know that I am pregnant we tested the same at home and found the test positive but today we visited a doc just to confirm but as per her the test is weak positive kindly help us understand what does this weak positive stand for also how we can be sure on my pregnancy looking forward to hear from all of you soon thank you in advance.
From few days I am not feeling refreshed, always tired and sleepy even in morning. What should I do. I have a 8 month kid who wake's up most of time in midnight, How I can take proper rest in 4-6 hrs. Is this possible to get my strength and freshness back with 4-6 hrs sleep and some kind of exercise.
She have a habit to apply oil over her body before bath .and massage her body .while so she massage her breast too and milk drop started releasing. And she had her period on 27 Dec and got over on 30th Dec and this happen on the 4th of January. Is it all fine or need to consult a doctor.
Hi I am a 26 years old male who had unprotected sex with my female frnd. Nxt day I have a small sore (its like a pimple) on my lower abdomen wic is painful n sore throat, lower abdomen pain. But aft 5 days lower abdomen pain is gone n sore is nt vry painful. Wt is it exactly? Am I infected with std?
Had sex on 5th day of my cycle n took i-pill. After a week had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone 5mg. After stopping it had bleeding on the 4th day. It was like my normal periods. M I pregnant?
Epigallocathechin gallete (egcg) is a polyphenol, the most abundant form of catechin in green tea. It is known to be the main attributable factor of beneficial effects of green tea. Through a complex biochemical reaction, egcg in green tea helps sensitize cells so they are better able to metabolize sugar, which is beneficial for both type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Green tea consumption is associated with reduced mortality due to all causes and cardiovascular disease. It is effective in decreasing blood pressure, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, oxidative stress, and a marker of chronic inflammation. This acts as a therapeutic tool for obesity also.
Green tea is good for people with diabetes because it helps the metabolic system function better.
I am planning for a child but in vain and my periods are also not regular and sometimes not getting. As I work for 10 hrs shift so I am out for approx 12 hours and very tired. Please advice any medicine or procedure to get pregnant and conceive?
I have a cyst development in my armpits which resurfaces every 2-3 months. It is a hereditary problem in my family. Is it cancerous? Also I have cyst in my fallopian tubes. Would it affect my pregnancy and if so then what should I do to prevent it from affecting my pregnancy. Thank you.
Hi I am 25 year old married girl. Always after sex I feel like vomiting. What is the reason behind it? Please give some guidance and suggestion.
I can't ctrl my anger N have very less Patience. Especially before N after my periods. I have 5 yrs old son while teaching him I loose Patience very fast.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema