Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrita Prabhu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita PrabhuYour feedback matters!
My periods get over on nov 1, then unprotected sex done on 6, I took I- pill. Again periods came on 10th nov nd over on 13 nov. My question is Is this normal? What will be my next period date? M little tensed nd worried. Pl help me.
Hi my Mom got paralysis stroke 1 month back. Her right hand and leg not working. She is under medication and taking physiotherapy. She is a diabetic patient. Her leg is not swollen but her right is swollen. Please advise.
Which medicine can be taken on first day for periods pain? Currently I consume 1 tablet of cyclopalm medicine for pain. Please advise.
I had a sex with my bf. Almost after 2 years we make relation. But still after 24 hrs of making relation m having pain in my thighs and lower abdomen. M also having pain in my vagina. Main jb b urine pass krne jaati hu to I feel jaide halka kat gya ho. Plzzz help me is it normal?
Hii I am 25 years old and I had sex on 26 th of nov. 2017 and on 28th I ate raw papaya only of very small size, nearly 1 spoon 20 gram. So my question is that am I supposed to be pregnant or not because of papaya.
Sir, I am 22 year old girl. I have miss my periods for two months. This problem was first time to me. From 5 days I have milky white discharge which is odourless and I have no irritation or pain. From one day I feel severe pain in hypogastric region. My micturition and bowel moments are normal. Gynec doctor prescribed me progesterone for 3 days. What's my actual problem was. Anything complicated.
I am 20 years old And i married before one year I had an abortion 6 month before Now I would like to get pregnant So I want to know the right time , right food, and what to do before and after sex . How long we stay on the bed And how long we shouldn't wash .
The gall bladder, which sits just below the rib cage to the right of the stomach, is very tender to touch. It is a little sac or storage compartment for bile, which is produced by the liver. The gallbladder emits bile into the small intestines via a duct referred to as the cystic duct. The entire process is meant to break down foods (namely fatty foods).
Gallbladder attack symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Pain in the back right shoulder blade: Sometimes, pain radiates through to the back shoulder blade on the right side or in the middle between the shoulder blades. This is pain from the gallbladder affecting the back of the shoulder. This back shoulder blade chest pain is one of the most common yet unknown symptoms of a gallbladder disorder. This can come and go or be constant. It may be sharp, excruciating or dull. It may also occur especially at night. A gallbladder attack will typically last for one to four hours.
- Pain in the stomach: The most common symptom of a gallbladder problem is pain. This pain usually occurs in the mid to upper-right section of your abdomen. It can be mild and intermittent, or it can be quite severe and frequent. In some cases, the pain will begin to radiate to other areas of the body, including the back and chest.
- Nausea or Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms among all types of gallbladder problems. But only a chronic gallbladder disease may cause digestive problems, such as acid reflux, gas, nausea, and vomiting.
- Diarrhea: Having more than four bowel movements a day for at least three months may be a sign of chronic gallbladder disease.
- Fever or Chills: An unexplained fever may signal that you have a bile duct infection. If you have an infection, you need treatment before it worsens and becomes dangerous. The infection can become life-threatening if it's allowed to spread to other parts of the body.
- Unusual Stools or Urine: Lighter-colored stools and dark urine are possible signs of a common bile duct block.
My self Viren. I m married from last 2 years. In between my wife conceive once but due to some medical issues. Our cases not success. I hav 1 query wat is the main cause or reason. without heartbeat baby egg formation.
Though pregnancy is one of the most cherished phases in a woman’s life, there are times when it is not desired. This can be due to various reasons ranging from premarital sex to the couple not being ready yet. Whatever the reason, emergency contraceptive measures are available, and I-Pill has become synonymous with that.
Since its introduction, it is widely used to prevent unwanted pregnancies. The easy availability (no prescription required) and low cost have added to its popularity. However, not many realize it has some side-effects and the need to be aware of certain facts when using the I-pill.
- It is an emergency contraceptive pill, should be used between 24 to 72 hours after unprotected sex
- It is effective in 95% of the women when taking during this time frame
- It prevents pregnancy by stopping fertilisation or preventing implantation of the fertilising egg
- It stops pregnancy; however, if you conceive before the pill it was taken, it will not have any effect. It is therefore not an abortion pill
- So, if you miss the period the next month, test for pregnancy
- It does not offer protection against sexually transmitted disease including HIV/AIDS
- It is not to be used on a regular basis
- If you are on long-term medication, please consult with the doctor before taking the I-pill
- It has no long-term consequence. However, there could be some minor symptoms including breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, headache, and lower abdominal pain (pelvic area),
- The next menstrual cycle could be delayed by a couple of days
- There could also be spotting before the actual period starts
- Women who are allergic to levonorgestrel should not take I-pill.
- It can cause skin allergies and reduce libido.
- When used repeatedly, it can cause delayed and irregular menstruation
- It is ideal for use between the age of 25 and 45. Teenagers should not use it regularly. This needs to be made aware through sex education, as the prevalence of teenage sex and pregnancy is on the rise in India
- Repeated usage can cause ovarian damage and severe menstrual issues, so occasional use is the only recommended usage
- It is safe to take the pill during lactation. There is no effect on the quality of milk or any other adverse effect on the baby
I-Pill was introduced as an emergency contraceptive method, and not for regular contraceptive purpose. Its correct usage and avoiding complications is largely dependent on sex education which needs to start early and talk about other safe sex measures and avoid using it on a regular basis.
What is Laryngitis?
Inflammation of the larynx, i.e. voice box, is referred to as laryngitis. Laryngitis is caused by infection – viral, bacterial or fungal. Overuse of the voice, allergies, acid reflux disease, smoking and alcohol intake are some other causes. Laryngitis can be acute or chronic. Short term laryngitis of less than 3 weeks’ duration is termed as acute laryngitis. Laryngitis which has lasted more than 3 weeks is termed long term or chronic laryngitis.
Symptoms of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic Treatment of Laryngitis:
Homeopathic medicines can treat laryngitis wonderfully well. Both acute and chronic laryngitis can be effectively treated under the Homeopathic system of medicine. The Homeopathic prescription for laryngitis varies from case to case as per the individual symptom presentation. Homeopathic medicines are natural and safe from adverse side effects. These medicines set off the body’s own restorative processes to enable it to fight off the disease and heal itself. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines prescribed for laryngitis.
Argentum Met and Arum Triphyllum: These medicines are used for treating laryngitis, which occurs because of voice overuse. Argentum met is used when the symptoms include hoarseness of voice, and a sore feeling in the larynx. It is also used in cases of complete loss of voice, which is common among singers and public speakers. Hawking is likely, and viscid mucus discharge is indicated. Arum Triphyllum is also used for treating laryngitis occurring due to excessive voice use. This medicine is best for patients whose voice become uncontrollable and uncertain. Apart from a burning sensation, pain in the larynx when clearing the throat is also likely.
Phosphorus: This homeopathic medicine is used for treating laryngitis accompanied by violent tickling in the larynx, which leads to coughing. The cough worsens with talking and reading. Voice hoarseness is also indicated, which worsens at night.
Drosera: This homeopathic medicine is used when laryngitis is accompanied by dry and irritating cough. A rough, scraping sensation is experienced in the throat, and voice hoarseness is indicated.
ACONITE NAP: This medicine is used for treating laryngitis, which occurs due to exposure to cold air. The larynx becomes inflamed after being exposed to cold, and voice hoarseness is likely to occur.
Belladonna and Lodum: These are effective homeopathic medicines for laryngitis in which voice hoarseness is accompanied by larynx pain. Belladonna is used when the larynx gets sore and painful, the throat turns red, and there is difficulty in swallowing food. A lump like sensation, and a constrict feeling may be experienced in the throat. Iodum is used when a rough, burning pain in the throat is experienced along with hoarseness and roughness of voice. Cough is also indicated, which results in gasping due to extreme pain.
Calcarea Carb and Carbo Veg: These are effective homeopathic medicines used for treating laryngitis, when the symptoms include painless voice hoarseness. Hawking of mucus is also likely to occur in cases when Calcarea Carb is prescribed. Carbo Veg is prescribed when itching in the larynx is experienced along with voice hoarseness.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for treating laryngitis.
Which medicines are safe to use during Pregnancy?
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery.Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation.Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.
I did Beta Hcg test yesterday as I HV missed 12 days period n In report the observation value is less than 2.00mIU/,ML .I wan to know is everything is OK with me please suggest what should I do coz I really want to have baby.
I am 23. And I have been experiencing frequent urination after the unprotected sex. Is it sign of early pregnancy? or mere infection? I shall highly appreciate if you let me know. I am so anxious. There is burning and itching sensation while urinating.
Hi Sir, I am from chennai. Am asking this query for my husband. No sperm count report on last year. So started treatment from january 2015 till taking the TESTOFIT and QACE tablet daily. My problem is Fibroid 2.3, 2.2. Getting regular periods 3 days. My LMP 18/09/2015 egg stages are growing well on 9th day 19*20, 20*20, 14*15 RT ovary and 15*15 LT ovary and next 11th day (29/09/2015) 24*24, 25*26, 19*20 RT and 20*25LT. Kindly let me. I would like to know whether my husband is met my egg. Is it possible to get conceive ? Kindly suggest me to get improvement for pregnancy.
I sruthi 26 years. I am married girl and have 2 girl child I have not menses last month. My doubt is pregnancy. Give some tips to avoid pregnancy.
All food sources that we think of as "fats" are made up of fatty acids. These fatty acids have specific chemical shapes that affect both how the fat performs in cooking (or baking) and how the fat affects your health. These chemical shapes generally are classified as saturated, polyunsaturated or mono-unsaturated. All fats contain all three types but are classified by the type of fatty acid that makes up most of the fat. For example, since butter consists mostly of "saturated" fatty acids, it’s considered a "saturated fat."
Examples: butter, lard, shortening
How to spot them: They’re solid at room temperature.
Health notes: A diet high in saturated fat has been linked with elevated cholesterol levels and increased risk for heart disease, so it’s best to limit use of them.
Examples: olive oil, rice bran oil, peanut oil
How to spot them: They’re liquid at room temperature but become semi-solid (or cloudy) in the refrigerator.
Health notes: When substituted for saturated fats, monounsaturated fats can help to improve blood cholesterol levels, thereby reducing risk for heart disease.
Examples: canola oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil
How to spot them: They’re always liquid—even if you put them in the fridge.
Health notes: When used in place of saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats can help to improve blood cholesterol levels, thereby reducing risk for heart disease. "Omega-6" and "omega-3" are other terms used to describe specific types of polyunsaturated oils. Although both omega-6 and omega-3 fats are essential for good health, omega-3s also have additional heart-health and anti-inflammatory benefits.
When you’re cooking at a high heat, you want to use oils that are stable and don’t oxidise or go rancid easily. Saturated fats and monounsaturated fats are pretty resistant to heating, but oils that are high in polyunsaturated fats should be avoided for cooking.
BEST OILS FOR COOKING AS WELL AS HEALTH
1. Olive oil
2. Rice bran oil
3. Canola oil