Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Amrida DeviYour feedback matters!
My 18-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma Preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
My age is 41. I am having a pain behind my head and in neck. The exact location is Behind head both the side we can see skull corner (Its like ball). On my left hand side is having this pain. Doctor told me some muscle stiffness and given some pain killer. I am worried. Can you suggest me some solution or next step of diagnoses.
Im facing left leg heel pain for last 1 week. In morning no pain but in evening little pain. Not sooo much pain but I feel uneasy to take step. Pls help.
I am having back pain my age is 23 and my weight is 80 kg, what can I do to avoid back pain? Please suggest.
I have backpain for last 2 months. I have taken lots of medicine but no results. What should I do. Please help me.
I am suffering from burning sensation and pain over the knees at the lower portion of my thighs. I am 70. I have no other issues. I am taking ayurvedic medicine like guggulu etc without any relief. I presume nerves and muscle tissues are weakened. What is the remedy?
I got a accident and my bike fall to my leg and my toe 2 years back. I am getting a minor pain when I pressing there or sometimes running. I done x ray, there have some marks and also consult to doctors,they given some medicines. My concern is there is no any bones issue and it will get clear later?
Sir mere pairoo me kafi pain rhta h weekness feel hoti h any soultion yrr m job krta hu mkoo kafi prblm hoti h kafi weakness aa chuki h mjhme mko kya krma chahiye.
Hi, recently I suffered from abortion due to some reasons, but after 10 or 15 days I am having pain in my wrist or muscles and really it is not tolerable, please help me. Thanks.
Sir I have a back I was 18 years old so please give me solution for that reason what should I do for the back pain.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.