Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amresh
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmreshYour feedback matters!
I am a physically handicapped person and hamstring has been change. After my operation I got maximum power on my right leg i.e my knee power had been increased but at the age of 65-years my knee power has been decreased. Kindly advise any how can I increase my knee power. At present my age is 71-years.
My friends grandson 16 yrs old is asked to use encorate 200 for 6 months, though the mri scan shows poisitive. Is it advisable to use the medicine for longer period
I have sensation feeling like vibration on lateral part of left thigh only while standing not walking or running. My thigh got sleep if I keep on standing for long duration. In starting I felt itching at that part but now I feel sensation. I am having this from last two months. It is on a part of thigh not whole thigh or leg. Please suggest what can be the issue and what should I do.
I am 25 years old and married lady, I am suffering from epilepsy for last 9 years I have completed my 3 years course of (tegrital cr 200 mg) I took 2.6 years and dropped, after 2 months I got fit and then take prescription from neurologist at forte hospital they again prescribe tegrital cr 300 mg twice in a day but it is impossible to take two time medicine due to I was student at college so I take only once at night. Then change Doctor and prescribed various medicine still I am taking tegrital cr 300 mg (Once in a day at night) but have fear if I stop medicine I got fit as I am working women I cannot dropped completely these medicine. But I really wants to cure completely.
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I get intermittant numbness sensation at a particular place on my left ear and at a particular place on left side of my head above my left ear.
I am 64. 5 years old, gender male, height 5 ft-4 inch, weight 80 kg. I am suffering from essential tremor. My father had also same problem.(i. E. Inherent). My left and right hands are shaking while doing work like writing, eating etc. My question: you are requested to inform the name of medication to cure/reduce this problem,
I have gone through 3 cesarean, And I am suffering from a nerve pain which travels from my right gluten to my right ankle?
I have respiration problem from last 3 months. I cant sleep overnight due to this. I suffer from cold full day. Due to which I am getting migraine. What should I do? I have consulted many doctors but the result is nothing.
Hello sir my cousin is suffering from hypothyroid and her thyroid level is 8.741 and she is taking thyronome 125 mg earlier she was taking 100 mg same medicine but now doctor has suggest to change the medicine and she is gaining weight alot she is suffering it from last 3 years and she has migraine also sometimes she get faint due pain from migraine Please suggest.
My friend is 27 year old female who has had 2 brain surgeries namely decompressive craniotomy for hematoma in 2015. She is fine now and was asked to take levipil. Doctor had told her not to consume alcohol for a year. Can she consume marijuana now? Also can she go on a microlight aircraft which is pretty much like flying in a flight however it is open and goes as high as 1500 feet for 10 mins.
My wife is 56 years old, I am suffering from Migraine pain since long. After taking too much medicine of Allopathic (vasograin, ultracet, etc) and homeopathic Sanguinaria, spigelia, Nat mur, Nux Vom, gelsemium belladonna) but no improvement has shown. She is also suffering with diabetes, High blood pressure etc, she is too much sensitive of any change of weather and most of the ailments takes place in late night.
Hi,Sir before few days my mother in law had knee replacement operation in between doctor says that blood clot went to brain and hurt the area which operates eyes so she can not see anything and some memory loss is there after operation but after 3-4 days sge will recover 40- 50 % but still we do not feel complete recovery please tell me what is the exact reason behind and when will she be the perfect she has BP and Sugar.
My hands tend to shake sometimes when I do some delicate work or some work which requires concentration. What seems to be the problem?
Sir, mere pero me sunapan sa rehta h or pain bhi kafi hota h. Me na to jyada der khara reh sakta hu. Nahi pedal jyada chal pata hu.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the nervous system which is characterised by the tendency of a person to have seizures. Seizures occur due to abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity in brain. The result is abnormal behaviour and sensations, including loss of consciousness. There are a variety of seizures with different symptoms depending on the part of brain involved. Progressive myoclonus epilepsy is an epilepsy syndrome, which is caused by genetic disorders. It features a combination of myoclonic and tonic-clonic seizures along with progressive neurological decline. It is often characterised by unsteadiness, muscle rigidity, and mental deterioration. Such a type of epilepsy is quite rare. Seizures are difficult to control and patients often lose thinking abilities as well.
Also in such a condition patient may have more than a dozen different diseases. The symptoms get worsened over time. Such a disorder can be present in any of the sexes. It can appear in infants as well as adults.
Progressive myoclonus epilepsy is not a single disorder but is a combination of syndromes with various names. Some of them are severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy which is also called Dravet syndrome, then is Unverricht-Lundborg disease also called Baltic myoclonus, Lafora disease and finally Mitochondrial encephalopathies.
Causes and triggering factors of epilepsy seizures
The main causes of Progressive myoclonus epilepsy include Lafora body disease, neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses, Unverricht - Lundborg disease, sialidoses, storage diseases, and some inborn metabolism issues. These seizures can be triggered by light, noise, sleep loss, alcohol intake and cigarette smoking.
Top natural homeopathic remedies for epilepsy
- Cicuta is considered by far the best homeopathic remedy for epilepsy where violent distortions occur in the body. The distortions are most frightful. The person is totally unconscious. The face may be blue and the jaw appears locked.
- Artemisia Vulgaris is considered for treating epilepsy with Petit Mal seizure. The main symptom is frequent brief episodes of seizures in a short time period.
- Stramonium is used for epileptic convulsions which arise after exposure to bright light or shining objects. The patient in this case is conscious but experiences jerk in the muscles of upper body.
- Cuprum Met is used for seizure attack in knees.
- Bufo Rana is of great help when the patient experiences attacks during sleep.
- Hyoscyamus is used in case of epileptic fit.
- Homeopathic medicines for epileptic fits during fever (Febrile seizures)
- Belladona and Nux Vomica are the natural Homeopathic medicines that are very beneficial in cases of febrile seizures.
- Natural homeopathic medicines as per type of seizure in Epilepsy
The natural Homeopathic medicines for treating Petit Mal Seizures are Artemisia, Belladona, Zincum, and Hyoscyamus. Agaricus and Cuprum are prescribed for Clonic Seizures. Cicuta and Plumbum are helpful in case of Tonic Seizures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!