Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amreen
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmreenYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 years old female. Lately I have been having some genital sores. I am sexually active and I use condoms every time but haven't had any intercourse only oral. These sores have been recurring and look like a red bump in the start. I have applied Aciclovir cream on them and it seems to be working but they just keep coming back in small numbers like two or three at distinct places. What should I do?
Lybrate | Dr. Indu Balani speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I am losing hair quickly and have tried and all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can i. Com. Can you please help. Net with this?
Sir I had used melalite XL after 2 days . I had some itching type of problem on my face. So sir can you please suggest me how to recover from this problem .
Sir how I recover my hairfall please help me sir how I recover my hear please help me how I recover ..
My hairs are started whitening some hairs are in brown with white color for this any treatment are there.
Hair transplant refers to the surgical procedure of removing hair follicles from one part of the body (known as the donor site) to a balding part or the recipient site. It is an artificial method of hair restoration for those who experience excessive hair fall or permanent hair loss problems. In medical terms, this condition is known as Alopecia.
The following factors are responsible for alopecia-
- Hormonal imbalance
- Poor diet
- Stress and anxiety/depression
- An underlying medical condition/illness
Although hair problems are a major concern for both males and females, nearly 40% of women encounter visible hair loss by age 40. A majority of these people undergo hair transplantation. Hair transplantation is done in two procedures- micro grafts (each graft containing 1-2 hairs) and slit grafts (containing 4-10 hairs per graft).
Shortfalls of hair transplant-
Although a hair transplant boosts your confidence and improves the overall appearance, not everyone is eligible for the surgery. Hair transplant is not a preferred choice of treatment for the following-
- Anyone facing hair loss problems due to chemotherapy
- People who have thick, fibrous scars
- Women having a widespread hair loss pattern throughout the scalp
- Those who do not have enough donor sites for transplantation
Besides, hair transplant involves quite a few risks and side effects including the following-
- Swelling of the scalp
- Bleeding and scars
- Numbness and itching around the scalp area
- Infection or inflammation of the hair follicles
- Bruising around the eyes
- Small bumps or cysts developing on the recipient sites
Incurability of the condition in conventional sciences-
While shedding a few strands of hair is considered normal, losing large volume of hair more often than not can lead to permanent hair loss. Under this circumstance, Alopecia or baldness cannot be cured with conventional scientific techniques alone.
Although medical treatment and drugs are given to patients, they may trigger allergic reactions.
Since baldness or alopecia usually result from genetic or lifestyle choices, the only way to prevent hair fall/loss is to treat the underlying causes-
- Practice good hygiene
- Eat healthy to improve metabolism
- Reduce stress/anxiety/depression
- Regular checkups to detect an underlying medical condition
- Regulate healthy hormones
Benefits of Homeopathy-
Homeopathy remedies and medicines rectify the underlying causes of hair problems. The main objective of the treatment is to identify the problem and eliminate it from the roots.
- Homeopathic remedies are extracted from different plants, herbs and natural substances that are completely safe.
- This branch of medicine attempts to improve your metabolism and correct your digestive system, thereby promoting healthy hormones. Homeopathy medications or supplements prepared from the extracts of shellfish and oyster are rich in zinc.
- Flaxseed oil and fish oil used in homeopathy treatment are excellent sources of Omega-3 fatty acids that not only prevent hair fall, but also nourish your hair follicles, thereby promoting lush, healthy hair.
Therefore, the next time you face hair problems, instead of going for hair transplantation, opt for homeopathic intervention. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!