Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmjadYour feedback matters!
I want home medicine for sciatica. Is it helpful. If yes please tell me which drops to take. Severe pain in thighs calf region of leg and sole of feet. Burning is also there.
When I run I use to have pain in my legs at a particular point in between knees and ankles. What to do for curing it?
I have back bone problem specially in middle but it is sometime very low and some time very light. Some time look like all is fine little bit in all bone but in middle always stable. I can play every game but I m not satisfied. This problem began since 2013 when one night night fall came since that time it has began my xray is fine.
I am very frequent getting knee swelling in both the knees. It become very difficult to walk because I can't bend my knees due to huge swelling. After 4 to 5 days swelling disappear. Again it can come I have no idea how. What should I do. I am diagnose with sPA arthritis. Is it because of that or something else.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
Madam/Sir I got terminated with 5 month baby Due to some abnormality with no bone in right leg The reason was unknown because all report like HP report torch panel report were normal March 7 I got terminated 2 weeks I had bleeding Today April 7 till no period And we had unprotected sex So will it be problem When will I have my period please tell.
1year back had fiber adenoma done around the right nipple. Now I feel the pain around it. Please advice what can be done.
I am 45 years old, my knee, shoulder, wrist, and l-s spine portion is aching for nearly 5 years. I have tried homeopathy, but had no such result. What should I do?
HI i Am 42 years old male daiabetic since 7years iam using medicine glykind-m daily moring and evening, presently i am suffering joint pains, weakness, please suggest.
I am 19 year old. Their is a problem in my left hand elbow. Their is a lot of pain but not any swelling. Help me.
I have been having back pain since 2 weeks. I have taken pain killers but it did not do any good to me. I experience severe pain while getting up in the morning. Pls suggest the needful.
I have pain in my neck and shoulder since today? When I wake up today, I feel a lot of pain in my neck and also unable to move my neck. What should I do?
I am sales representative and daily I am roaming by bike aprx 40-50 km 32 year old suffering from lower back pain since three months. After taking some medicine it's going than after 3 -4 days than same pain. So please suggest.
My name is gayas and I have pain in back bone from few days and I am so sick. So please suggest me a good medicine.
Last night he had a sudden Pain in left shoulder joint and upper arm. Had difficulty in sleeping in certain positions. Pain reduced during the day with some pain relieving ointment. Could it be a heart problem?
I am 60 years old male patient suffering from spondylitis. There is acute pain in right hand. I have taken so many medicines. Please suggest.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.