Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amjad Khan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amjad KhanYour feedback matters!
Dairy is a well-known food group that supplies necessary fuel to our bodies. This fuel comes in the form of nutrients like protein and calcium, along with various other minerals. These substances help us in building stamina, immunity and endurance as well as precious muscle and joint strength. Yogurt or curd is a highly beneficial dairy product. In Ayurveda too, it has been recognised as a food that can help in keeping the organs in a well-functioning state. Here are the reasons why this is considered as a superfood.
- Bacteria: Fresh yogurt that has been made at home has a number of healthy bacteria. There are many kinds of bacteria that can enter and reside in one’s body. While some of them may cause infections, there are others that are vital for the healthy functioning of the body. The bacteria contained in yogurt are especially beneficial because they aid the digestion and keep the Agni or digestive fires burning. At the same time, these bacteria also kill the harmful virus that can infect the body. This helps in building better immunity as well. In fact, in most Indian homes, people usually have a bowl of curd or buttermilk after their meals, as this aids digestion and strengthens the immune system.
- Healthy Carbohydrate: Yogurt is a healthy carbohydrate that can be used for a diabetic diet. This can help patients suffering from diabetes in getting a dose of protein rich dairy that does not affect the blood sugar levels. It is also a good choice for patients suffering from high cholesterol, as it helps in keeping the lipid levels at a minimum even as it gives plenty of strength to the body and its bones.
- Brain Food: Ayurveda recognises yogurt as one of the top brain foods. This ingredient is known to enhance the memory. It also helps in better nerve and brain functioning. This food also helps in increasing the brain capacity which keeps it alert and sharp.
- Vata Balance: Yogurt is a fermented food that is good for the balance of the Vata Dosha. If this Dosha is thrown into a mode of imbalance, it can lead to various ailments like thyroid disorders and digestive problems. Having yogurt gives much comfort to the intestine and helps in balancing the digestion. This Dosha also creates blood circulation problems when it is not in a balanced state. Yogurt helps in keeping this Dosha in balance.
- Muscles and Joints: The protein and calcium elements of yogurt make it a superfood in terms of muscle and joint strength. This is also related to the Vata Dosha. Having plenty of yogurt can help in preventing such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir, I have chest pain and feel weakness from 2or3 month. I take some medicine by doctor but no profit. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hello Doctor my urine output is often yellow while I drink a lot of water. When I gap 1 hour in drinking then colour become yellow, light yellow and dark yellow in morning. I have done LFT N KFT so everything is normal but Alt level is increased it is 67. While normal range is 45. So please suggest what is it? N what I should do. Any prescription? My age is 29 year.
I have constipation with gases From a long time what are the immediate and routine majures to get rid from such a serious problem?
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.