Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amitha JosephYour feedback matters!
I sleep very less, as less as 2-3 hours a day, still I don't feel sleepy, side effects, ulcers in mouth, dry mouth, and low concentration, what to do?
Hi actually my teeth is arranged properly and nice looking. But I stil wish to wear metal teeth brace with colour. Just for beauty purpose. Wto which clinic should I go and get the cheapest price?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is the key for enhanced gum and dental health. Tooth erosion is characterised by decay of the outer and inner parts of the teeth. It occurs when certain sugar containing foods such as milk, candy and cakes leave behind residual quantities, thus causing small food particles to get stuck to and remain in the teeth. These are then digested by the bacteria in the mouth and converted to acids. The acids in combination with saliva form a layer called plaque that causes tooth erosion.
To prevent tooth erosion, you can employ these simple methods:
- Regular flossing: Flossing is an often neglected aspect of dental hygiene. Flossing helps in removing food residues stuck between the teeth that your toothbrush cannot clean. Use proper technique while flossing as improper technique can damage your gums.
- Brushing twice a day: You should brush at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. If possible, brush regularly after eating a meal.
- Eat well balanced meals: Eat well balanced meals for your gums to receive proper nourishment. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. These antioxidants and vitamins help maintain overall gum and dental health.
- Fluoridated water: Drink fluoridated water, as it helps in preventing tooth erosion.
- Use Mouthwash regularly: Use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep your mouth bacteria free. Bacteria in your mouth can lead to rapid tooth erosion.
- Rinse your mouth: Rinse your mouth with water after every meal. Rinsing helps in removing food particles from your mouth that may contribute to tooth erosion.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid snacking on junk foods as they contain hidden sugars that can increase your risks of tooth erosion. Avoid sugar based drinks as they can harm your teeth and cause cavities.
- Dental sealants: A sealant is a coating that is applied on the tooth to prevent it from getting affected by plaque. They usually last for 8-10 years after which they need to be replaced.
- Visit the dentist regularly: Visit the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups as any underlying issue that can create potential problems in the future may need to be resolved.
5 years ago doctor done filling of my teeth because of cavity infection. Now the problem is that filling came out of the tooth and tooth start paining. It gets hurt with simple water too. Other doctors said root canal will be done. I don't want rct treatment capping etc. I know filling can't be done because half of the tooth got broken when filling came out. Please suggest any other possible solution. Either I want to take the teeth out or any other solution please?
Hi, I am 35 yrs old and am suffering from sneezing and nasal discharge since last 10 years, I have got my allergic check up and according to report I have dust allergy. I have started immunotherapy treatment and currently using m3 oral drops, but I have problem in teeth, I have cavities and sensitivity due to which I feel that my eye lids are stuck to each other. And I cant tolerate bright lights like computer, sun, mobile etc. Whats the connection between teeth and eyes? or is it because of nasal discharge that my eyes are affected? please advice. Thanks
My teeth are not white. What are the precautions taken such that becomes in to white. Give me some suggestions.
I hav a tooth problem. Blood comes in my tooth any time. I used many tooth paste but problem is same. please give me some advise.
sensitivity can be because of various reasons like loss of tooth enamel, cavity, gum recession etc.
sensitivity is basically a symptom of some other problem. It doesn't make sense to try treating the symptoms when the actual cause is left unchecked. just imagine you are having fever due to malaria, and your physician gives you paracetamol for fever. will it help? same is the case when we use anti sensitivity toothpaste for masking symptoms and not treat the cause. cause will gradually worsen and a say a tooth that initially required only filling will now require root canal because you wasted time trying different toothpastes.
I personally advice such anti sensitivity toothpaste only when no other cause is clinically detected.
keep smiling. ☺