Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Amit KumarYour feedback matters!
Pain in right knee. Sir/Mam, I have moderate pain in my right knee only, but while bending there is cracking sound in both knees. During cold weather right knee's pain slightly increases and also it feels some inflammatory inside. I consulted a orthopedic doctor and he advised me to have x ray. And then advised me drugs (osteoma PLUS, ECOTOX, RABIKEM DSR, AND DICEF TAB) each 30 tablets for 30 days. But after taking all these medicines I don't feel any improvement. I asked another doctor who advised me to have CALCIUM 500 mg VITAMIN D3 500 iu tablets for couple of months and do some light exercise. please suggest me what should I do? My age is 26 years, weight 60 kgs, No one in my family has this problem, No injury or accident happened. BUT AS I LIVE ALONE AND GENERALLY HAVE FOOD IN HOTEL, SO THERE IS IRREGULARITIES IN MEAL AND ALSO DON'T GET PROPER DIET. (for last 10 years)
I have been experiencing dull pain on left side of my back and around shoulder from 5 yrs, the pain get more when I take deep breath and it feel like something or some muscle inside is squeezing. I have visited all sort of doctors but all they give is pantoprazole any say its gas and all. Recently I got a full body checkup and have high level of sgot, sgpt, cholesterol. What could be the reason for this problem, kindly help as I am worried.
Hi doctors My husband is 26 years old and he's suffering from lower back ache since 3-4 months. He suffers more during driving. His MRI reports are normal. Please tell me the solution. I don't know how to attach those reports here. Regards.
Chronic back pain is one of the common problems faced by people of all ages. This leads to disability to move. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of options to treat this condition.
Chronic back pain can happen due to ligament strain or muscle pull due to heavy lifting. Bulging of the disk can also result in chronic pain. Apart from this, there are other reasons such as skeletal irregularities, osteoporosis, arthritis etc.
Depending on the level of pain, a doctor might suggest one of the many treatment options available. Chronic pain can be managed with home treatment as well. It is advisable to continue with the daily activities such as walking, running etc. If the pain persists, a doctor might suggest one of the following methods:
- Over the counter medicine: For chronic pain, a doctor might suggest over the counter medicine such as naproxen sodium, ibuprofen, etc. However, over usage of these medicines has devastating side effects.
- Narcotics: Drugs such as hydrocodone and codeine can be used under the supervision of a doctor to get relief from back pain.
- Tropical relievers: These are creams or ointments that can give instant relief from chronic pain.
- Antidepressants: It has been identified by many medical practitioners that usage of certain anti-depressants can relieve a person from chronic back pain.
- Injections: If all else fails, as the last avenue, a medical practitioner can inject cortisone around the spinal cord area to cut down nerve root inflammation. The effect, however, lasts less than a month.
Therapy and exercise:
Therapy is one of the best ways to counter chronic back pain. Based on the pain frequency and bearing capacity of the patient, a physiotherapist can try various treatment varieties such as ultrasound, heat, techniques related to muscles release, electrical simulation etc. A combination of these treatments can reduce chronic pain. As part of the process, the next step is that a physiotherapist ensures is to strengthen the abdominal muscle with various exercises. The latter also ensures that the pain doesn’t come back.
There are many alternative medicine options which are known to be extremely helpful for chronic pain management. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Chiropractic care: This form of alternative medicine manipulates the spine to reduce the pain and give relief for the long term.
- Massage: Massage might help in those cases where the trigger of the pain is due to over work.
- Acupuncture: An acupuncture specialist injects sterilized steel inside the skin at nodal points. Many patients have reported that few sittings with a specialist have improved the chronic pain.
- Yoga: It is a form of exercise that is a combination of breathing technique and posture maintenance that can greatly help in chronic pain management.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!