Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit K Srivastava
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Amit K SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Back pain can be debilitating and one of the main causes can be a weak disc. There could be an inflammation of the disc or prolapse which can cause pain. In most people, poor posture along with lack of physical exercise can lead to recurrent disc issues and pain.
The disc is basically a layer of soft tissue, which is present between two vertebrae. This tissue can slip out of its space, causing prolapse or a hernia. Depending on the exact location, it can be cervical, thoracic, or lumbar disc hernia. Though there is treatment available in the form of medicines and exercises to even surgery, recurrent disc pain is best prevented, in ways mentioned below:
1. Strengthen the abdomen: One of the main issues for recurrent disc pain is a bad abdominal musculature. The key is to support the back and improve posture so that the back muscles are strong and disc pain is prevented. Crunches, sit-ups, and other exercises to improve spine stability are highly recommended. When lifting things off the ground, it is always advisable to sit down and pick things up rather than bend down and pick up. Bending down to pick up things, especially heavy ones, can cause severe disc prolapse almost immediately.
2. Weight management: Being overweight can put pressure, especially on the low back (thoracic and lumbar spines) and cause a hernia in the lower back. Weight management, therefore, assumes great significance.
4. Yoga: This not only helps in stress management but also keeps a person flexible. It improves circulation, joint mobility and so helps in preventing back pain.
5. Posture changes: If a person is diagnosed to have poor posture (stooped, drooping, etc.), then they should be taught to sit upright with adequate back support so that recurrent disc pain is prevented.
6. Exercise: If a person has had a herniated disc, then the doctor would recommend a chiropractor or physiotherapist to improve pain control. A set of exercises would be taught to improve abdominal strength. They also would instruct on ways to do this properly, so that recurrent disc pain can be avoided.
7. Pain control: This needs to be followed sequentially. In addition to injections of corticosteroids and painkillers for immediate relief, a person also can have painkillers at disposal to take when required. As a last resort, surgery may be done but needs to be followed up with exercise so that recurrent disc pain is avoided.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Frozen shoulder is a condition when somebody encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for weeks. It is likely to occur when swelling increases around the shoulder which reduces inability to move or stretch properly. This ordinarily happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder at times happens when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs, if someone is recovering from surgery, experiencing joint pain or facing restraint of movement for other reasons.
A frozen shoulder can go on from a couple of months to as much as 3 years and the precise cause is unknown. Physiotherapy is often to treat this condition. It has been found that posture plays a huge part in your recovery from a frozen shoulder. The urgent goal is to get the shoulder join moving once again. The sooner this is done, the better are the odds of a quick recovery. Anti-inflammatory medicines, heat application and delicate stretching activities are performed with the assistance of a physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy is very crucial for a frozen shoulder since it is very difficult to get movement in the stiff joint without any exercise, stretching or other methods used by a physiotherapist. It is mostly crucial to get physiotherapy to:
- To reduce pain in the shoulder
- To increase the flexibility and strength of the shoulder
- To enhance movement of the shoulder.
- To increase endurance of the muscles
Physiotherapy treatment for a frozen shoulder depends on the stage you are on and is customized according to the needs of your condition. Physiotherapy treatments for a frozen shoulder include:
- Pain relief: Pain diminishing techniques including gentle shoulder movement exercises, muscle releases, needle therapy, dry needling and kinesiology taping for pain can help during the painful swelling phase.
- Defrosting: Shoulder mobilization and stretching are the best in order to achieve a full shoulder recovery. As your scope of movement increases, your physiotherapist will then be able to give you muscle strengthening exercises to control and keep up your recently found range of movement.
- Warm Up: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder keeping in mind the end goal. That is to help blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
Physiotherapy does not bring out immediate results, but gradually. Flexibility will increase gradually. One should keep in mind, not to stretch their shoulder too quickly at once. This can lead to a ligament tear. The exercises should be tender and gradual. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!