Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Ambuja GovindarajYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have done sex with my gf on 9th april. Which is 7th day of her periods. The periods lasted till the next day. On 11th april she had taken an unwanted 72. On 13th april she had periods which lasted for 2 days. But its 22nd may still she had not any periods. Whether she is pregnant or not?
The absence of periods is medically termed as amenorrhoea. Normally, women do not get their periods prior to puberty, throughout pregnancy and after menopause. If you do not get your periods when you normally should, you might be suffering from amenorrhoea.
Amenorrhoea can be of two types, which include:
- Primary amenorrhoea: menstruation does not begin till age 16.
- Secondary amenorrhoea: normal menstruation is disrupted when you skip your periods for more than three months.
Amenorrhoea is usually caused by a variety of changes in the hormones, glands and organs responsible for a healthy menstrual cycle.
Primary amenorrhoea is usually caused by:
1. Deterioration in the ovaries.
2. The central nervous system (spinal cord and brain) or pituitary gland can get affected, which leads to the malfunctioning of the hormones which are concerned with menstruation.
3. Poorly developed reproductive organs.
However, in several cases, what really causes primary amenorrhoea is unknown. The causes of secondary amenorrhoea include:
2. Breast feeding
3. Discontinuation of birth control pills
5. Polycystic ovary syndrome induced hormonal imbalances
6. Removal of ovaries or uterus
Usually, underlying conditions can lead to amenorrhoea. The conditions that lead to amenorrhoea include:
1. A condition called galactorrhoea, in which the glands in the breasts produce milk, even if the woman is not breastfeeding or pregnant; can also cause absent periods.
2. Hirsutism, an overproduction of the male hormone androgen, can lead to amenorrhoea.
3. Premature failure of the ovaries can cause absence of periods.
4. Weight gain or weight loss is another cause.
5. Psychiatric anomalies, such as excessive anxiety, can cause women to develop amenorrhoea.
Amenorrhoea can either be treated with medication or surgery.
1. Dopamine agonists (dopamine activating compounds) are extremely beneficial for women with amenorrhoea.
2. Hormone replacement therapy (treatment with the use of oestrogens for reducing menopausal symptoms) is a very common treatment.
3. Sometimes, oral contraceptives may restore your normal menstrual cycle.
The surgery options for amenorrhoea include:
1. Surgery or radiation therapy may have to be performed if you have a tumour in your pituitary gland or hypothalamus (part of brain that controls the release of hormones from the pituitary gland).
2. If you have an intrauterine attachment (contraceptive attachments fitted in the uterus), you may need surgery to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 24 years old I got self medical abortion with unwanted kit and had intercourse with my partner after 3 day. Can I get infections or can I again become pregnant.
I got married before one year still my wife did not got conceived. Please give a suitable suggestion.
I am 18 years old and recently my boyfriend touched his upper part of his penis and touched my inner part of vagina. After that I have taken mpill within an hour. But now, 10 days have passed crossing my date for periods but still I don't find any sign of periods. I am getting scared. Doi need to worry? Is this happening because of mpill I have taken or do I need to worry that I am pregnant? Should I take a pregnantcy test?
Hello Doctor, please tell what is BETA X GOLD, I m 35 , now my sex frequency has slowed down , which medicine is good for recovering sex powers without any side effects ?
Hi doctor. I am 20yrs, female. I have my dates on 5th every month. But this month I had some spotting on the 28th and 29th with pain for 3-4 days. Is it normal? Also will I get my dates on 5th Jan this month? I have a trip on 15th, so I need to be relieved of this thing.
My wife is 26 week pregnant. Her 75g glucose tolerant test result is 133. Dr. Said it's border line. It should be below 140. 5.5 kg weight increased in last 2 month (5th & 6th month of pregnancy ). Dr. Prescribed BGR-34 for precaution for Gestational diabetes Is BGR-34 safe in pregnancy? Can blood glucose level control through diet without taking medicine? 140-199 is prediabetes. Is level above 140 considered as a Gestational diabetes?
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and now wisdom tooth is appearing and it is paining her a lot and she is not able to eat/chew something Please suggest some medicine/ gel which will relief her pain and will not affect the baby.
I got married. During 1st intercourse pain in vagina area. Then my husband penis is not enter my vagina. So I am not able to intercourse. Please advice me and I need permanent solution for my problem.
I am 19 years old female I have a pcos problem can you suggest me some home remedies to cure d illness.
I am a Thyroid and pcos patient. Have done everything but I lack energy. Can't exercise. I'm going to gym regularly. My sister gifted me black spider25 fat burner. It hs mentioned if we are thyroid or diabetes patient, consult your doctor before taking dos capsules. Dis capsules contains Bladderwrack (whole thallus) a sea vegetable concentrated source of minerals. Magnesium iodine potassium calcium etc. Nd Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI) Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. Can I take dis fat burner. please tell me, as I need to reduce my weight as soon as possible. But confused for ds medicine. My t3 is 153 ng/dl T4 is 12.4 Tsh is 3.09. I'm taking glyciphage 500 twice a day for pcos nd eltroxin 50 fr thyroid ANd homeopathy for pcos:) I dnt know whether to take dis medicine wid glyciphage or not.
Nowadays, each and every one of us is extremely conscious of our dietary habits and make sure that we consume the right foods. Thus, we are also aware of many healthy foods which not only help us crush fat but also provide a great boost to our metabolism. We bring to you 5 food pairings which work wonders for your figure when consumed together:
1. Ginger and tuna
Ginger prevents inflammation of the body caused due to bloating and also speeds up gastric emptying. Tuna, on the other hand, stops the growth of belly fat cells and contains docosahexaenoic acid which protects against stress chemicals, thus preventing flab storage. Thus, start pairing up your tuna roll with that ginger pickle!
2. Honey and cinnamon
Daily dose of honey with the goodness of cinnamon is the perfect recipe for a picture-perfect body. Cinnamon is packed with healthy antioxidants that help curb belly fat accumulation. Moreover, honey is known to aid in weight loss and enhance immunity.
3. Raspberries and yogurt
This combination is an extremely effective slimming agent. Yogurt is a rich source of vitamin d and calcium which helps prevent the absorption of fat. As for raspberries, they contain polyphenols which stop the formation of fat. Also, they are packed with insoluble fiber that increases ghrelin levels, a hormone that regulates hunger.
4. Spinach and bananas
Spinach contains almost zero calories and is known to significantly increase satiety levels. Bananas are packed with potassium that prevents bloating and gives the body a lean look. They also contain resistant starch which resists digestion and thus not only promotes oxidation of fat but also brings down the level of abdominal fat. So go make that smoothie now.
5. Watermelon and apples
Apples are abundant sources of fiber which is essential for the reduction of visceral fat. Watermelon is the perfect fruit for decreasing fat accumulation and improving lipid profiles. Consume these fruits together as a salad, dessert or snack; they are packed with good health!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 29 years old. Before 6 month I aborted a baby due to no foetal cardiac pulsation. Now I was trying for a baby what are the precautions I have to do.
Cherry Angiomas are benign skin growths comprised of abnormal proliferation of blood vessels. They are also alternatively known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas. Cherry Angiomas are a rather common skin disorder.
The Cherry Angioma appears bright red, oval or circular in shape and are small in size. They can either be smooth, and close to the skin's surface, or they can be marginally raised. They mostly appear on the arms, shoulders and torso. If the Angioma is agitated (scratched, cut open or rubbed), it might result in intense bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of Cherry Angiomas is unknown. Genetic predispositions are usually believed to be a major cause. Other than that, pregnancy, climate and chemical exposure have also been said to cause Cherry Angiomas.
An obvious link, however, has been established between age and the appearance of Cherry Angiomas. Usually, people over 30 develop Cherry Angiomas, which only seem to augment in number and size with age.
There are no other specific symptoms of Cherry Angiomas, except for the benign growths on the skin. The skin growths are usually characterised by:
- Vivid, cherry-red colour
- Small sizes
- Smooth growths which are close to the skin's surface, or are raised
Cherry angiomas usually does not need any treatment, but if you want, you can remove them for cosmetic reasons. You can also remove the Cherry Angiomas if they appear in places on your body where they can get easily irritated (such as, on the hands), and cause bleeding.
Some methods of removing Cherry Angiomas include:
- Electro-cauterization: In this method, the angioma is burned off by an electric current that is passed through a tiny probe.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, the angioma is frozen with liquid nitrogen; the angioma is destroyed by the severe cold. This is a relatively easy and quick procedure.
- Laser surgery: In this procedure, pulsed dye laser is used to remove the angioma. The pulsed dye laser (PDL) is an undiluted yellow laser that is hot enough to damage the growth.
- Shave excision: In this procedure, the angioma is removed from the surface of the skin by a sharp razor. Shave excision is a substitute to invasive surgery that would require an incision to remove the growth and then sutures (stitches) to close the laceration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.