Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmbikaYour feedback matters!
My son have a bad habit. He is 5 years. Wo apni finger, nose m dalkr. Apny mouth m dalta hai. Pehle y problem nhi thi. Kuch time s krny Kya hai. Kya kuch help mil skti hai. Kya iski koi medicine available hai. Please help me.
I have a daughter age 10+years she has a problem of bed wet. wanted to get out from this problem please help me thank you.
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
Hello. I'm 24 years old and I have given birth to 2 months baby girl. Still I'm under weight 40 kg. Done with C section only. I'm vegetarian too. Need to put on weight.
My 5 years old daughter has some marks on her foot, when consulted a skin doctor he diagnosed it as Granulamo Annulare. Is there any treatment for this? If yes could someone advise please. Many thanks in advance.
My son is 10 month old. He having cold allergy and before he had suffered from bronchitis. How I prevent from diseases.what can be done
Nestle Nan pro 1 is a artificial man made milk, I'm not sure if it is safe to give to my baby, or natural fresh cow's milk should be given. Please suggest.
My Daughter is suffering in cerebral Palsy (CP Child) She was not a knock holding, Talking, Walking ETC. She age is 2 Years 06 Months Old please Consult Me a Doctor.
My baby 1 and half year has got her DPT vaccination today but in the evening our pet bite her by mistake. He z also vaccinated. Do my child needs rabipur??
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
Hello doctor, My boy baby 50 days older, he is continuously crying and not drinking mother milk much. Right now he has bigger tummy and cold, cough. Doctor said his respiratory system is low and it will be develop after 9 months.
Hello Dr. My daughter is 3.8 years old she is having squint in her right eye. We consulted doctor and she prescribed for specks. My daughter is wearing specks since 4 months now the Dr. is saying for operation. please ADVISE.
I have a girl baby who is 40 days old.Usually she is getting severe stomach pain and gas trouble Dr advised me to give her colicaid 2 to 5 drops according to the pain even though sometimes she is normal sometimes she is struggling a lot.Is it advisable to use gripe water for pain or can u give alternative medicine.
My baby is one month old. He is passing motion frequently like one hour once. Sometimes motion is watery? Is it any problem?
Hi my baby is 2 months old. He is on top feed and breast feed both. Inspite of burf he is vomiting, which medicine should I give him please suggest.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?