Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ambika KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 53 years old my head center point is hair fall please sent your tip and any nay lotion. I am evey confused in your advised.
After a long summer, the first monsoon showers are something everyone looks forward to. After the third shower, this love often abates and the humid, damp weather causes a host of skin infections. Thus, it becomes essential to take extra care of the skin during the rainy season.
Here are a few tips to help your skin maintain its glow:
- Drink plenty of water: Though the weather is humid, the rainy season can make the skin dehydrated. Thus, it is important to drink plenty of water. This keeps the skin hydrated and avoids the accumulation of toxins in the body. 8 -10 glasses of water a day is the minimum intake required during the rainy season. Lotion based serums and water based moisturizers can also help keep the skin hydrated.
- Let your skin breathe: During the rainy season, avoid heavy makeup and foundation. Use water based moisturizers instead of oil based moisturizers. Leaving makeup on for too long during this season can enlarge your pores, block them and lead to acne breakouts. If you must use makeup, ensure that it is properly removed at the end of the day.
- Watch your diet: The condition of your skin mirrors the quality of your diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin glowing. Avoid spicy food that can cause erratic blood circulation and lead to allergies and skin irritations.
- Wash your face frequently: As soon as you get home from a day in the rain, wash your face with lukewarm water. Use a soap free cleanser and a scrub to keep your skin clean. After cleaning your face, use an alcohol free toner to close your pores and balance the pH levels of your skin.
- Avoid bleaching: Bleaching and facials could do more harm than good in the rainy season. This can make your skin rough.
- Use sunscreen: Sunscreen protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. While UVB rays may be blocked by the overcast sky, UVA rays pass through windows and clouds as well. UV radiation not only accelerates signs of skin aging but can also lead to skin cancer. Thus, do not forget to wear sunscreen whether the sky is clear or not.
- Keep skin dry: As far as possible, keep your skin dry to fight fungal infections. Any place where the skin folds rub against each other is susceptible to such infections. During the rainy season, the feet are most prone of fungal infections. If you've walked through puddles of rainwater, wash your feet as soon as you get home and dry them properly. Also, avoid synthetic clothes that trap moisture and switch to cotton.
With these tips, your skin will be healthy and remain glowing throughout the season.
Related Tip: "Should I Use A Lotion Or A Cream For Dry Skin?"
My hands are looking black. I want to get a fairer hand. I am feeling shame with my black hands. Suggest me any creams please.
Hii, I am 24 years old women ,i have very dry skin due to post accutane effects and due to this fine lines appear n I look like 35 what should I do so that my natural sebum production increases or is there any product to tackle with this problem.
Sir. My face are very dry. My face fully pimples. Sir how to remove pimples in my face. Sir what is the reason for pimples.
Doctor. Please help me. I have hairfall. And I do not have many hair on my head. I do not knw wht to do. And how I regrow my hair again. And also reduce my hairfall. Please tell me effective ways. To increase hair on my head.(
How to grow beard faster. Is there any remedy for that I tried lot of ways but nothing ever worked is there any food or capsules that can help me.
Hi I am 30yrs At times my I feel so hot & my whole body itches a lot suddenly & becomes red. But after some time it comes back to normal. What should I do? Please help.
It is natural to loose between 50 and 100 hair a day. With about 100,000 hair on your head, that small loss is unnoticeable. The lost hair is normally replaced by new hair but not always. Hair loss can develop gradually over years or happen abruptly. Hair loss can be permanent or temporary.
It is impossible to count the amount of hair lost on a given day. You may be loosing more hair than normal if you notice:
a large amount of hair in the drain after washing your hair
clumps of hair in your brush
you notice thinning patches of hair
you experience baldness
If you notice that you are losing more hair than usual, you should discuss the problem with your doctor. He or she can determine the underlying cause of your hair loss and suggest appropriate treatment plans.
Causes of Hair Loss
First your doctor will try to determine the underlying cause of your hair loss. The most common cause of hair loss is hereditary male- or female-pattern baldness. If you have a family history of baldness, you may be susceptible to this type of hair loss. It is triggered by certain sex hormones and may begin as early as puberty.
In some cases, hair loss may be related to a simple halt in the cycle of hair growth. Major illnesses, surgeries, or traumatic events can trigger hair loss. However, your hair will usually start growing back without treatment.
Hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills, and menopause can cause temporary hair loss.
Medical conditions that can cause hair loss include thyroid disease, alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles), and scalp infections like ringworm. Diseases that cause scarring like lichen planus and some types of lupus can result in permanent hair loss because of the scarring.
Hair loss can also be caused by medications used to treat cancer, high blood pressure, arthritis, depression, and heart problems.
A physical or emotional shock may trigger hair loss that will be noticeable after the event. Examples of this type of shock include a death in the family, extreme weight loss, or a high fever. People with the mental illness trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder) have a compulsion to pull out their hair?usually from their head, eyebrows, or eyelashes. Traction hair loss can be caused by hairstyles that put pressure on the follicles by pulling the hair back very tightly.A diet lacking in protein, iron, and other nutrients can lead to thinning hair.