Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi I am 23 years old male. My problem is only one that is I unable to sex more than 2 mins with my partner. I want to increase the time min 20 mins. Plzz suggest me solution.
Daily twice a day doing hasthaprayogam(masturbate) I am feeling weak. is there any problem by doing this daily.?
There are symptoms of oral submucous fibrosis. Constant burning sensation in the mouth past 4months. What should I do?
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, no matter which culture you belong to. The age old saying goes that you should have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Let's look at some of the menu items, which are not considered ideal for breakfast menus on a regular basis along with a few others which are.
Some of the unhealthiest breakfast foods:
- Chole bhatture or oily pooris: These are favorite items within Indian breakfast menus. However, they are full of oil and saturated fats. Apart from contributing to diabetes and blood pressure, bloating, acidity, and heartburn are also common side effects.
- Pakoras, samosas or kachoris: Common items which are included in many breakfast and snack menus, these oily fries are major contributors to bad cholesterol, reduce good cholesterol and is are major contributors to obesity.
- Sugary cereals: While plain corn flakes are good, sugary cereals have processed sugar and are a no-no for breakfast items as they could cause elevated blood glucose levels and thus cause a host of problems.
- Medu vada: While having a medu vada once or twice is alright, having it as a daily breakfast item will add a lot of oil to your diet and so, should be avoided.
- Bakery items: Many bakery items such as doughnut, Tiffin cakes, and sweet breads usually tend to have a lot of processed sugar, refined flour and additives which can be harmful to your health.
Some healthy breakfast foods:
- Idli: This is a staple breakfast item in southern India and is very healthy as it is prepared by steaming rice mixes. However, reduce spicy chutneys or side dishes while consuming idlis as they can be quite bad for health.
- Upma: Another export of the south, upma is now loved all over India and the world. Made with suji or rawa and very little oil, this is a great and filling breakfast alternative.
- Poha or Chivra pulao: Made from flattened rice flakes, poha, also known as chivda pulao, is a great healthy alternative and should be incorporated in breakfast diets.
- Indian veg sandwiches: As long as the bread is whole wheat, this is a very healthy option as it is usually made with vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers and potatoes and also has chutney as the dressing.
- Dosa: Another great option from southern India, this is a great breakfast food if the sambar and accompanying dishes are cooked in less oil and have fewer spices.
- Khakra: This dish which comes from Gujarat is also a great breakfast item and can also become a low calorie snack for cravings in between meals.