Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Amarnath ModiYour feedback matters!
I am having myopia of R 0.75 and L 1.5,,I don't want to wear glasses or contact lenses, is der any way so that I can improve my vision. Other than surgery, just like eye exercises or anything else?
There is a white discharge at the corner of the eyes everyday. There is no irritation. My eyes feel heavy and tired (like overused).
I have myopia and I can't see far off objects, doctors advised me to wear spectacles or lenses, I wore lenses, instead of helping me out it created wounds in my eye. What should I do?
My eyes has been suffering from the allergy of sun light when I go in sun light than my eyes get red.
Appeared vision disturbances in the right eye. Treatment like barrage laser done. But disturbances in the vision have continued.what can be done now?
I have sour eyes for more than 4 days I tried going to the doctor but it did not help what shall I do?
I am having red color in my eyes in recent days. Always looks like I just woke up from a sleep, what should I do?
Hi doctor age is 35 yrs - male I faced and accident not os serious but it issome body hit with a wood slad in my head but no hamerage happened but after that I c don't had any since in my left eye lid it used to be closed but few months ago it opened but after I found my left eye is been displaced it s not straight like my right eye it gone to left side and I case in both of my eyes but not straight from left eye only my right eye looks straight and I creates a problem whenever I walk or I ride my scooter, please suggest me some treatment as my CT Scan &MRI reports are normal, please, please please help me my no is 8670869541.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.