Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmarnathYour feedback matters!
I am a 18 years old. I have acne problem. I used face wash daily and multani mud pack. Even I am also take care of food. But pimples tired of me. I am so sad because of my face. I have a fairer skin. It looks awsm. Without pimples but this are not gone out. Would you pls help me out what can I do.
Hi I'm 17 years old I have pimple, redness marks in my face I do exercise drink lots of water n just started using clean n clear pimple free face wash. Any one can please give me some suggestion which no side affect n helps prevent my problem I'll be very thankful actually I don't want to put anything I just let it go by its own, please reply to this last statement.
My hair are extremely thin and very poor in density. This problem is not genetic. Kindly suggest any home remedy which is effective. Can I use vitamin e capsules on hair?
Dear sir vitamin C is the best vitamin for increase the white beauty of face skin for boys please sir tell me which type of vitamin use and cream increase white beauty of face skin . Dear sir I can take Vitamin C capsule is best increase the white beauty of face skin tell me.
My scalp is always itchy. Tried every shampoo including SHABOO WASH. Doesn't, do any good. Please help.
‘Head lice’ are insects that feed on the blood of your scalp. This condition usually affects children and is moderately contagious. Contrary to popular belief, head lice does not occur due to poor personal hygiene.
The symptoms of head lice are:
1. Presence of lice on scalp: Lice are small insects that are usually hard to spot. But their infestation can be felt because you experience intense itching on the scalp.
2. Itching: There will be intense itching on the scalp and the neck. This itching occurs due to the saliva secretion by the lice that the skin is allergic to. Usually, the itching starts after 3 to 6 weeks of infestation.
3. Lice eggs: The lice eggs stick to the shafts of the hair. They are very hard to spot as they are small and well camouflaged.
What can be the reasons behind their infestation
This condition is contagious; apart from direct contact with the scalp of an infected person, this condition can also spread if you happen to share the below mentioned items with an infected person:
6. Accessories for the hair
The treatments for hair lice are:
1. Over- the counter (OTC) products: OTC products are made from ‘pyrethrin’, a compound extracted from the ‘chrysanthemum’ flower. ‘Pyrethrin’ works as an insecticidal compound and it is advised to use these medications only after washing your hair with a shampoo. Vinegar may also be used to loosen the nits from the hair shafts.
2. Prescription medications: Certain medications can also be prescribed by the doctor, such as benzyl alcohol and lindane.
Certain home remedies for head lice include:
1. Essential oils: Apply oils such as Anise oil or tea tree on the scalp; these oils act as toxins for the lice.
2. Wet combing: This is a method wherein the wet hair is combed using a fine toothed comb to remove the nits and the lice. Repeat the procedure for 3-4 days every week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.