Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar Y.pYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and 6.6 kg weight. She is having high fever as 103 I have given call 120 mg 3.5 ml but fever didn't go down and I did sponging also. So I gave her meftal 3.5 ml after 1.30 min gap . Is there any side effect.
I have 4 month old baby cries all the time and always unhappy and want to be held always don't understand why please help.
My sister's son is 2 years old. I think he is not normal. He never speaks even with his mother. He likes to play all alone and does not like anybody disturbing him. Also he never respond to anybody even to his name. He is least bothered who comes or goes. He never makes eye to eye contact with anybody. He not even feels shy or afraid on seeing unknown people. He simply sits alone for hours together with his toys. Also when he wants something he will take us to that place but will never ask for it. I mean never speak a word. Is there any problem. If yes then what is the solution. Or are there any tests that has to be done.
My son is 15 months old He is suffering in Krabbe disease, is this disease is curable what we do Pls. Suggest me.
Doctor, My son is infection of eye. Son'age is two months. What do my son to remove from infection of his eye?
Hi, I have 3 months old baby girl. Every time she had a cold and cough issue can you please tell me some home remedy.
My daughter while going to sleep make her leg cross over the leg and tighten the hand and make some noise. This only when she goes to sleep as she is normal eating urine and walking even talking as she is 18 months old. Please advise.
My son is now three and half years old but his weight is just 10kg. He is a premature baby. I'm giving him healthy food like nendrampalam, eggs, Milk, Rice, Dall, vegetables, fruits, pediasure etc. Often He getting sick like fever and cold. After that his weight is decreasing half to one kilograms. He is looking like two years old child. Please tell me how to increase his weight.
My baby is of four months ten days he is toothing and by this he is suffering from loose motions fever and cry a lot he also become week wat shud I do fr this is this common?
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.
Hallo Doctor. I have a baby boy 4 months old. He was born with a Secondary Cleft Palate which has been advised to be operated by a Cosmetic Surgeon. I want to know where should I get the best treatment in India? I also want to know what is the proper age to have the surgery? Please help. Thank you.
My baby was eight months old. Past two weeks her stool was gray and some times green color. Is it normal? Before it happens like this few months back I consult to doctor he advice it's normal. But sometimes it's repeating. Is it normal. I'm so much worried about this. Now using Ayurvedic medicine for this problem. But it's continuing the same. please help me.
I have a baby boy & he is 2 months old. He is having trouble breathing & have cough. He make noise like whistle during breathing. I have consulted few doctor, one of them said its just due to cold & he gave medicine accordingly it did worked for few days, but he still do cough some time & started that noise again. On the other hand another doctor said he might have asthma problem & medicine he gave had no effect on him. & my wife too have asthma from last 3 year is it going to be a problem.
HI My 3 years old daughter is having severe cold, cough and sometimes runny nose and sometimes it gets blocked along with fever sometimes from last Saturday. Being very restless in night sleep. Have consulted a very good Paediatrician and giving medicines at regular intervals and feeding food somewhat at time. But till now no improvement and condition gets worse day by day. If it continues the same what should I do next. Being worried a lot. Expecting your help. Thank you. Medicines: Advent drop Syrup 5 ml - 0 - 5 ml Ambrola Syrup 3 ml - 0 - 3 ml.
My son is 1.5 years old he has fever from past 2 days, we consulted a doctor he gave tab azee200, ondem, and one of his local medicine, the entire day my son was fine playing and running but in night he got cold and fever again, we gave him crocin syrup at around 3 am and he went a sleep now he has 102 fever once again, please help.
The attack of asthma is severe if
The patient is breathless at rest, is hunched forwards,talks in words rather than in sentences(infants stop feeding),is agitated,drowsy,or confused,has bradycardia or has a respiratory rate of more than 30/mt.
Wheeze is loud or absent.
Pulse is more than 120/mt( greater than 160/mt in infants)
PEF is less than 60% of predicted or personal best,even after initial tratment.
The patient is exhausted.
The response to initial treatment is no prompt and sustained for at least 3 hours.
There is no improment within 2-6 hours after oral glucocorticoid tratment is started.
There is further deterioration.
Mild attacks ,defined by a reduction in peal flow of less than 20%,nocturnal awakning and increased use of B2- agonist, can usually be treated at home if the patient is prepared and has a pesonal asthma management plan.
Moderate attack may require and severe attack usually require care in hospital /nursing home.