Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar Krishna ShettyYour feedback matters!
Now I'm experience some fatigue and my cholesterol level also high. In addition to that, I have raised triglyceride level as well. Few days ago, I have been subjected to an abdomen ultrasound test. The result says that I have a mild fatty liver. Is mild fatty liver reversible? Is this the reason for my elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels?
Sir mere stomach me problem h mai kitna germs ka dawa kha gaya lekin phir bhi lagta h ki germs h kis karan mera pet pura tight rahta h or gas bhi form hota h or constipation bhi h .help me sir pls.
I am Suraj Kumar Khandait and my age is 26 years. I am severely facing digestive or gas problems. It's becoming very difficult to eat oily or masala food. So how to sort out digestive or gas problem?
I have facing heartburn problem, I used cyra d cap 3 times weekly. Can you tell me what is the side effect. May I use it?
Hello sir I have a gastric problem from some couple of days so what should I do. And what care should I take forward to move out.
I am 32 yrs female having gastric problem for almost 10 or more years that makes my lower back pain usually & also have a bad breath. I am working as a free lancing. So after a long day work I'm exhausted.
Ayurveda - Is there any good ayurvedic medicine for hyperacidity. I have tried patanjali avipattikar churna and maharishi amlant but have not got any benefit.
My mom has 40 year old and when she takes food then in night it comes through her nose most of the time and after it my mom neck and breast burnt for long time.
Iam 22 old male iam suffering from gastric problem. Some times chest pains occurred but not problem in heart (Dr. Check the ECG) some medicine are used omee-d, uninyzyme, dizine. Why this problem was repeatedthis problem is life long? And any this symptom is any heart disease please tell me know.
This is my abdomen sonography Isko vistaar se samjhiye isme kya kya samasya he Mujhe pet me left side bahut pain ho raha he Mild hepatomegaly Probe tenderness noted over the descending colon No other gross abnormality detected in abdominal sonography. Kindly correlate clinically Kindly rule out colitis.
I am trying to gain weight. At my age I see people with good physics, I eat very well but it does not count to my body. I think I have weak digestion as food is not properly digested, although I have acidity and gastric issue since long.
As soon as one is released from hospital after going through an abdominal surgery, the patient must make a checklist and an early recovery strategy before leaving home. Do follow the following tips and recover soon.
- Do make prior arrangements for a safe and comfortable journey back to home. Ensure that you have made transportation arrangements to go home safely. Use your own car or book any cab or take any friend’s help. Place a cushion over your abdomen to keep it safe from jerks.
- Do go for post-surgery checkup. Book an appointment with your surgeon post-surgery. This would ensure that surgery did not cause any side-effect.
- Understand the schedule for taking medicines. Usually the patients are given painkillers. If you think you are not getting relief from it then ask your surgeon to prescribe you an alternative. Patients are likely to suffer from constipation post an abdominal surgery. If that happens, intake more fibrous food, fluids and indulge in light physical activities. Patients can also ask for cheaper alternative medicines.
- Check for certain signs and symptoms and take adequate steps:
- Take adequate sleep. There are chances that you may feel dizzy and fatigue, therefore one must observe change in sleep patterns. Have patience. Things will become normal in due course of time.
- You will also be subjected to little pain from the incision. Take your medicines as directed in order to get an early relief from pain.
- Draining of yellow color liquid from the incision in little quantities post the surgery is normal. If the drainage continues even after 7 to 14 days with redness around incision, it is a clear symptom of infection. Consult your surgeon immediately for the cure.
- Removal of urinary catheter from the bladder may cause minor difficulties during urination. Situation will become normal in few days. If discomfort persists, consult your surgeon.
- Identify the following dangerous symptoms and call your doctor right away.
- Persistent vomiting or nausea
- Incapability to digest food or fluids
- Swelling in leg
- Abnormal body temperature
- Infection at the surgical site
- Maintain a healthy and supervised lifestyle post surgery.
- It will take few days to return to your normal routine life. So have patience until then.
- Go for morning and evening walks. Avoid heavy exercises as such activities may cause physical strain.
- Take care of your surgical incision
- Surgical incision should be regularly cleaned or washed gently. Try to keep the surgical site dry until the stitches are removed.
- After 5-7 days of surgery, the stitches would be removed by the surgeon. Avoid putting ointment on the stitches until then. It will take few weeks for the scars to fade.
Under proper care and supervision, the patient will soon recover post an abdominal surgery and will be able to get their life back on track.