Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar Krishna ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am feeling tired. Side by side I am also suffering from digestion problem and sometimes I am having fever also. Due to which I am not able to take proper diet.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a doctor can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.
I am 27 yrs, 6 feet, 51 kgs, For the long time I have been suffering from mucus (आंव) coming on my poop. It is just like dirty gell falls from nose. In a day day I go only for 1 time for poop. Previously I didn't pay attention any more but now it comes out 2 to 3 times in a week. Simultaneously, I am also facing greasy (chiknahat) on my poop & this problem is with me for last 5 to 6 years. But mucus on poop has just recently started for last 2 years. It used to be come with poop 2 to 3 times in a month but now in a week I can see 2 to 3 times. Should I be worried about it. Recently I got ultrasound done but report is normal. Believe me, except home food I don't take any thing. Then why this problem is with me. Should I again go for ultrasound or any other test to know the exact problem. Does masturbation also create some nonsense problem like this becoz I disclose in front of you that at teen age I was addict of masturbation but for last 6 years I skipped & controlled my feeling fully when I came to know its bad effect. But mucus on poop & greasy problem is trying me & make me realise the this is just becoz of masturbation. Should I go for any other test to know the root cause of both the above problem.
Mujhe 10,12 dino se anal ki taraf dard hota hai aisa lagta hai ki paels ho par stool mein blood nhi aata mein kaun si dawa loon.
Hi Dr. I am nandini ,41 yr. Gastric problem. Its starts from early morning. With lot of burps. I do hv fast 9 am n lunch 12 to 12.30 and correct hours. Evening as I work I hv by 7 pm I tend to hv something. But can not eat. The pain arises on my back. I am forced to eat. But after 1 hr I feel so hungry again. What to do for this? I do take garlic capsules. What can I do for this.
I did my first test for pregnancy using test kit. To reconfirm I have done it twice and it seems I have conceived now. With this I am facing few following symptoms. My belly bloated although it is only 10-15 days after I conceived. Is it normal or any kind of complications. Waiting for valuations suggestions. Thanks, Tapaswini.
She is 51 years old female no history of diabetes, hypertension or any disease till now she is having a boil close to the anus it isn't painful only a little pain.
I have the acidity and gastric problems. And, most of the time I am taking food at the correct interval. But also I am not able to get rid of this problem. So, what are the things I need to do to get rid of this.
I'm 20 male my right Testicle is bigger than Left and its paining if it disturbed i'm feeling uneasy abdomen is also paining little is it serious and how to cure?
I am 35 year old male I have fistula & varicose vein. Recently I diagnosed with thyroid. My thyroid level is 7. Please suggest. How do I cure my self
I am suffering with fistula and piles but I am affraid of pain on account of operation. so, what to do.?
Gas or flatulence is a condition where the microorganisms present in the intestines break down the food and release excessive gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, which is usually let out from the anus. It can lead to pain in the stomach and an uneasy feeling in the body.
- When foods that are not digested properly are broken down
- Lactose intolerance
- Swallowing air
- Certain foods not being absorbed properly in the digestive system
- When a child does other activities, while eating, then it can cause gas to accumulate air in the intestines leading to gas
- The sweeteners present in chewing gums can get trapped in the intestines and ferment into gas
- Vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli can cause gas
- Soft drinks that cause phosphoric acid can also lead to gas
- Some children are sensitive to fat and fiber, and consuming these nutrients can lead to gas
The symptoms of gas pain in children are cramps in the stomach region along with diarrhea. It can also lead to irregular eating, being fussy about food and pulling up the legs to the belly.
Treatments and preventive measures:
- Consuming food containing probiotics such as yoghurt and soy can help in treating gas
- Eliminating vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower from your child's diet
- Decreasing the amount of milk in the diet
- Limiting consumption of chewing gums as they contain artificial sweeteners , which cause gas
- A hot drink such as tea made from herbs like peppermint can help in easing the symptoms of gas
- Encouraging your child to exercise can help in preventing gas
- Getting your child to drink water in proper amounts
- Consuming a healthy diet of vegetables and fruits