Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amar Dinkar BavleYour feedback matters!
I m a 26yrs working girl I have a fear of loneliness I can't sleep properly from 2 months. I always think abt negative things which surrounded me. please help me otherwise I have choose the option of suicide.
Greetings doctor My brother ananth is suffering from autism. Is there any cure for autism? Recently he is getting fits also and he is hyperactive. He will not cooperate with us for any scanning or any kind of medical tests is there any institute or hospital for this kind of people or any residential hospitals kind are there? Please suggest Thanks in advance.
Hello Doctor. I am seeking help. I feel I am depressed and often I get anger attacks and I feel helpless also because of my past life experience. I am 31 years old now.
I will smoke a lot so that I had a problem in heart so I can not sleep well and good at night so please give me the suggestion for that.
I 42 years old, it seems I have some hormonal changes during this time, as I quit my job recently, now I am in complete depression. Sometimes my right brain have some severe headaches in frequency of day or two. Please suggest.
I cannot stop thinking, my head always think something, I cannot concentrate my work, my study. I don't know what exactly I thought, they are automatically played one bye one, or together. I feel disturbed all time. I tried meditation, but I failed every time after 2 mins. When I trying to sleep I can feel that I am dreaming, may whole body sleeped but not my head, he's still think something, I don't know what, but about people, the universe, time, science, birth and death, everything, I just want to stop my brain. I want to sleep. Please help me.
I mostly do masturbation 2 times a week but after that next I am getting tired, uneasy, fuzzy vision, my body was panning whole day what should I do please suggest me.
Sir, This year I passed out class 12 and I appeared for different medical entrance examination but I was not able to crack those exams. Now I thought to study for neet again. But I am unable to concentrate in my studies and I have lost my confidence whenever I sit for study I feel very sleepy and whatever topics I learn after sometime I forget everything. and always I suffer from headache and when ever I study after 1 hr my heads starts rounding. Doctor please suggest what shall I do? Due to this problems i'm unable to study. and becoming doctor is my childhood dream.
Does masturbating affects health during teenage? How many times should one masturbate in a week? What should one do to improve memory power? Does smoking affects human blood pressure if yes then how?
I am loosing energy. I am loosing my mental and physical power. Becoming old from young. Early symptoms were blood pressure fluctuation and restlessness. I feel very low in energy. Is this a major problem? Ready to consult.
My mom is 65 years old and she just had bipolar surgery at hip ball. She is weak. I want to know what should she need to eat in order improve and get good health at this age. She is vegetarian. Her bipolar surgery had done on 24 of may, 2017. Need advice.
Want to change my laziness, lack of concentration, postponing everything, some times becomes moody. Some times out of mind, No seriousness in serious matters also. Don't have mood to go for job. Sometimes Resisting to talk with knowing people when I meet them. Can't complete anything successfully. Feels Mentally tired. Not doing any exercise. I am 35 year old. Please give a solution for my problem. I want to be energetic and successful. Perplexed around me says I have lots of abilities and skills. But I am Losing. I want to be a good business man and successfully man.
While it is true that all our egos need some boosting from time to time, constantly nursing it to feel too proud about oneself and being too self-indulgent does not help. In plain words, that is what a narcissist does. The term finds its roots in Greek mythology where Narcissus was so absorbed with himself. This gradually got converted to Narcissism to indicate people (who, like him) became too self-obsessed.
By definition, it is applied to people who have a long-term pattern of grandiosity above themselves, either in fantasy or in actual behaviour. They constantly seek admiration, are too self-indulgent, and have a great degree of apathy towards almost everybody else.
The following are some traits that are usually found in people with this personality.
- They are preoccupied with fantasies where they see themselves with unlimited power, beauty, success, and brilliance.
- Have a false perception of superiority and do not associate with most people
- Completely lack apathy and do not usually connect with the feelings of people around them
- Have a grandiose opinion about themselves and think they are super-important in the lives of everybody around them
- Expect appreciation and praise, even if not worthy of it
- Think of themselves as special and unique
- Are considered arrogant and haughty by most people who associate with them
- Constantly seeks admiration and compliments
- Prone to exploiting relationships
- Enjoy flattery
- Inability to accept even small rejections
- Inability to take criticism
- Deep hidden feeling of insecurity and low self-esteem
- Can be very defensive and try to prove their point
- Fear of humiliation
- Very vulnerable, especially to rejections, humiliations
- Get enraged without specific reason to feel better and put down the other person
- If someone contradicts their view point, there could be major argument and even physical assault
- A combination of these features usually causes problems in relationships and friendships and affects their overall personal and professional lives. It is more common in males, and tends to decrease with age.
While initially narcissist may come across as extremely confident personalities, slowly it comes across as much more than that. While they do feel confident, at times, the confidence may not be true. It is just that feeling of self-importance which makes them to believe that what they are doing is right.
Causes: While there is no single cause leading to someone developing this personality, a combination of genetic, social, and psychological factors leads to this condition. Excessive pampering and/or criticism also can lead to this.
Treatment: This usually requires long-term counselling with people who are trained in handling such cases. They need to become less self-indulgent and more empathetic towards others, which takes time, but is not impossible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
There is pain on my left side upper chest near by aram I have consult to cardiologist he has doing ecg test and ex ray report of my chest but nothing found in it he said it a anxiety But still there is pain in my upper chest area I feel nerves due to these disease every time I will think about it.
If I want come out of depression while studying inspite of family issues, what is the solution to focus on studies?
My mother is taking bp medicine from last four years, but from last one month her behaviour has changed, she is behaveing strangely if anybody refuses her order her bp rises and she use to repeat some acts again and again as washing her feet.
Hello, I smoke since from last 9 years. But from the last week I have stopped smoking and I am taking the nicotex chew gum of 4 mg And from the nicotex I am controlling on my smoking habit I am taking daily 5 chew gum of nicotex I just wanted to know is there any side effects of nicotex 4 mg or if side effects is there of nicotex than what should I do pls help.
As per myriad medical reports the world over, lung cancer is the number 1 killer cancer in the world, and one of the most common as well. This is closely followed by breast cancer. Yet, there are a number of types of cancer that can affect people all over the globe. Bladder cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer which takes place due to the abnormal growth of cells in the inner lining of the bladder.
There are many causes of bladder cancer, including genetics and smoking as well as exposure to a number of chemicals. Read on to know more about the same, and why it is imperative to give up smoking to avoid bladder cancer, or to treat it effectively.
- Smoking: Smoking and the use of tobacco is one of the most important causes of bladder cancer. It is a common misconception that smoking can only cause lung cancer. It can cause many types of cancer, including bladder cancer, because of the chemical exposure that happens when a person smokes. There are approximately 7,000 chemicals that are used when one cigarette is created, as per many studies and reports. These can have a harmful effect on the various organs of the body.
- Smoking and its effect on the bladder: So what happens to the bladder when you smoke? Cigarettes contain a number of chemicals, which are mostly carcinogenic. These get into the urinary tract and start to clog the inner lining of the bladder, because they do not get flushed out like normal waste with the urine. Eventually, these chemicals begin to erode the inner lining which leads to the accelerated and abnormal rate of cell growth in the region. This leads to the manifestation of a tumour, which may or may not be malignant.
- Urine and chemicals: When the chemicals from the cigarette begin to gather in the urinary tract, the bladder tends to remain in prolonged contact with this carcinogenic infested urine. This can lead to exposure to the elements, which can trigger abnormal cell growth and problems in the bladder. These high concentration levels of toxins in the urine eventually affect the functioning of the bladder.
- Smokers and non-smokers: As per many medical studies, those who do not smoke but have a family history of the condition as well as other environmental factors like exposure to certain types of chemicals in their workplace or other areas may be twice as susceptible to the growth of bladder cancer. But as per the same studies and medical reports, those who smoke, are actually four times more susceptible to bladder cancer.
Therefore, it is imperative to stop smoking so as to prevent the onset of this potentially fatal disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!