Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amar Bhavle
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amar BhavleYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. I am 42 year old and I get tensed / back headache cause of my office problems for not getting promotion and problems created by my seniors for no reason for which I feel tired and drowsy every time . I am a non alcoholic and non smoker. I saw a psychiatrist during 2014 he informed me that the drowsiness is because of anxiety and he prescribed me nexito 5 mg and lonazep0. 25. He informed me to take this for 6 months and now I stop. Now again I am getting the same type of feeling. Feeling restless and drowsy when I check for sugar instant it was 95 (low) and my HB was 10.7 and now I am taking some iron tablets. Sir please suggest me shall I continue taking the medicine lonazep and nexito. Is there any side effects when taken for long with any other medicine and how long can I take this medicine to stop my drowsiness / anxiety. Also please suggest how can I stop anxiety / depression / hand shivering if not taken food on time pls. Pls advice. Thanking you.
Sir, I am a depression patient since 3 years. I am taking escitalopram 10, twice a day and feeling little bit relaxed but not perfectly. Suggest me how to get cure of depression completely?
I want to ask about weed. On internet I have seen many health benefits of weed and even doctors also prescript weed as smoke. Is weed better than tobacco?
I'm 22 years old. Recently I had shortness of breath and went to doctor. They did ECG and chest xray examined my oral cavity, did CBP and ANA tests and everything was normal. I'm being very anxious of everything. My front neck is having pain when touched and I'm getting anxious it might be cancer or anything inspire of all tests done recently. I'm having fear of death. I'm being afraid of traffic future and everything. I'm having severe acne and that's increasing my depression. I'm taking treatment from a dermatologist now. But my fear of death is not going. How can I become normal without medications. I have no trouble with sleeping. Please suggest me.
I was a good runner earlier. But recently I started smoking. Afer a hard try I don't smoke anymore but it reduced my stamina. Is there anything that can increase my stamina and make me active again. Thank you.
My age is 49 yrs, I am a patient of bipolar disorder. What medicines shall I need to take to come out of the depression ?
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long-term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long-term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of the patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss on this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.