Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Alwin AlmedaYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years old I am having rhumo type pain for last 5 days, please suggest any tablet and a consultant at kolkata.
Mere hand me pain tha to maine Dr. Ko dikhaya usne bola cervical ho skta h n tblet di jab b vo tblet khata hu neend n chakkar aate h. Phle neck me pain nai tha but jbse dvaai khaai h neck me b ho gya n chkkr se aate h please help me sir.
My hip has been paining since 6 months. Also have problem in walking but I have noticed the pain and walking problem comes and goes. I have also noticed that the pain is usually more after I take rest or sit at one place for long time, like if I am walking then the pain reduces and slowly I am able to walk also normally. I have been working out at a gym since last 3 months and do not want to stop it at any cost. Additional information :- I am suffering from Lupus (SLE), ITP and evans syndrome since last 10 years. Thanks
I have pain in my wrist after a short mishap that I didn't care about. And before it was healed I again got injured at the same place. Now I still have pain for 9-10 months. They didnt find anything wrong in x-ray. It comes up again if I try to lift heavy weights/objects using my wrist. What should I do ?
I am 24 years old while playing cricket 2 months ago I got an ACL tear as my mri report says, I am very normal when walking and also light jogging also I don't feel much pain normally, even I don't know the degree of my ligament tear? Is ligament repair surgery the only option?
I can't sit down in floor for more mins because I can't feel my leg its like numbness. After I donated blood 1 month ago its spreading all over my body (numbness)
Female Age-41 Weight-65 Kilograms According to my latest reports the THYROID PROFILE TOTAL T3 is 67.41,T4 is 7.00 and TSH is 3.71, I am taking 150 mg of thyronorm what would you recommend now. Thanks
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.