Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Alwin AlmedaYour feedback matters!
Sir, My Mother is of 45 year's old. And she often says that she has a pain on her knees. She can not walk for a longer time. If she sits for a longer time than she could not stand immediately. Sir please give a proper solution to it. As now I am an employe. So from my 1st salary I want to do something good to my parents. Of which they would be proud of.
Dear Sir / Madam Please note my Mummy who is 68 years old, she is suffering from Cervical Compression Myelopathy and doctor are suggesting surgery since last two months her right hand is not working pls inform which is the best doctor for surgery in Hyderabad and what are the success rate.
I am 27 year old. I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis and in july 2008 doctor performing hip resurfacing in left leg. But present time i'm suffering from pain. My operate leg become shorter then other leg. Doctor says for revising surgery so I want to knows that what is the batter for me hip resurfacing or THR.
I am Having Leg gout pain. Every day same time right leg same time left leg and same back and shoulder. So how I will reduce my body pain?
I have pain in my back last two year and get MRI. Bulging muscle in my L4 or L5 bone many medicine take but no relief. Pl advice me.
I had been in a serious condition of backache and smoking habit I stop smoking since last 3 month but whenever I see ciggerate I attract to it what should I do now.
1. Keep little walk or move every two hours from your desk
2. Any thing to be lifted do it from sitting and upright position
3. Avoid sitting or lying in soft cushion which may sag body into it
4. If possible outdoor cycling can be practised for 30 minutes a day in particular time period regularly
5. No hunch back in any posture
6. Keep reading anything in correct body alignment
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
I am a non vegetarian and I have a simple non hectic lifestyle. Since the last 1.5 years I feel my water retention has increased leading to a lower belly fat whch is stubborn I lose weight evrywhr but thr. I am 60.5 kgs and 5 ft 2 inches and wld love to cme back to my 55 kgs. Could you gv me sum tips with reg to food and yoga whch I cld follow to reduce.
I am suffering from backbone pain. Also, my spinal cord is bending and it is like c shape. What can I do. Does exercise really help. Or any medicines.
A neck lump at right anterior part of neck since few months which is gradually increasing in size and is painful on palpation and on neck movement. No other symptoms.
I have a pain in right leg ankle for last 15 days it's a mild pain but I feel discomfort when walk I can't able to stand also because of my other leg is also getting similar pain in ankle from yesterday please suggest me what to do?
I was suffering from slip disc from 2 month. Now I have pain my my left hip when I band in front. What should I do.
I am 35 years old working on computers about 8 hours recently I am getting back pain lower, so help me out.
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.
Iam a 65 year old man, had a stroke in 2009 and my left side was totally dead. After prolonged Ayurvedic treatment I Can walk now on plain surface without any external help. Recently I noticed my right knee making a crackling sound whenever I went down the stairs. This only happens when I go down the stairs. There is no pain but the sound is quite disturbing as I have never heard it before. What are the probable reasons and remedial measures I have to take? Please advise.
I am suffering from severe back pain since last 6 months and though some medicines could lessen my pain for days still I couldn't get total relief from my pain. Help me.
I constantly try to educate patients on proper posture, but because people (myself included) spend so much time driving and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Driving can mean different for different people. It may be a way of leisure for some or as an everyday activity to commute to office. Driving for long time has always accompanied with some or the other musculoskeletal problems. It become a leading cause of back pain to our fast pace life.The problem is treated but the root cause of it is never looked after or we just don't bother about it much..
Why we get the pain or associated problems when we drive for long time?
Poor posture while driving can produce a repetitive load to the tissues that causes sustained stress. Daily prolonged drives apply loads to the spine that can cause viscoelastic tissues to slowly deform and creep. Simply staying in the car seat with poor posture long enough will eventually ensure damage. Sustained load and resultant deformation/creep causes a progressive reduction in tissue strength.With your hands in the proper position on the steering wheel, the thoracic spine, scapula and shoulder joint have a better chance of remaining in neutral. usually, we hold steering wheel with one hand and lean to other side.due to leaning hip bone( iliac crest) and 12th rib approximate; this will contribute to shortness (tightness) of the quadratus lumborum or latissimus dorsi
If the pelvis is rotated, it will contribute to lumbar or SI pathology and overactivity of the TFL(muscle). If the knees are even slightly superior to the hips, then there will be hip flexors muscles over activity or shortness, and hip extensor inhibition or weakness. Prolonged sitting on the glutes can cause poor circulation and lack of oxygen to the tissue, contributing to inhibition.
A person driving with a clutch who has poor or limited ankle dorsiflexion (like after ankle fracture) can perpetuate overly active hip flexors because they will pull the foot off the clutch using the hip flexors, instead of dorsiflexion at the ankle.
1) Select a car that matches your height and suits your work.
2) Change posture as much as possible take frequent Microbreaks ,recommended atleast 15 minutes, every 2 hours
3) Place hand on steering wheels so that elbows are close to your side and not so high that you have to reach up for the wheel.
4) Place hands at 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock position this will reduce the amount of strain on shoulders and put hands in safer position.
5) It is advisable to keep two hands in steering wheel except while shifting gears. Change hand posture frequently to reduce fatigue and improve circulation.
6) Learn Microbreaks: An example of a "microbreak" for driving in the car is squeezing the shoulder blades together for 20-30 seconds and repeating 2-3 times. Repeating anterior and posterior pelvic tilts and lateral tilts for a minute or two is sometimes helpful. Other microbreaks for driving include cervical range of motion, and shoulder retraction with elevation and depression.
1) Avoid lifting after driving long hours because your muscles are tired your ligaments are stretched and disc are at risk of injury, give yourself some time to stretch and relax.
2) The death grip posture, the one arm cool dude” the Wrist resting at 12 o’clock position on steering wheel and fingers flop over the top, arm straight out in front and one arm propped on your window.
The longest journey begins with a right sitting posture, not with a turn of the ignition key !!!! dive safe