Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Alva Naveen ChandraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain .as my mattress is not good please suggest me how to choose a good mattress which doesn't cause back pain and helps in proper sleep.
I have back pain near the waist from last two days. It started after I lifted a heavy bag. The pain is less when my spine is erect and straight, but increases if I bend towards front. I have used a lumber support belt but it helped only very little.
I am 36 years old woman. I am suffering from cervical spondylosis from the past few years. My neck areas remain stiff. And when I study for long or sit at computer then I experience stiffness which spreads from neck to upper areas like nerve stiffness. Is there any remedy. Kindly suggest me. Also suggest me some calcium rich diets.
My mothers legs have pain she is 45 years old I regular give her foot massage with oil but it goes each days what to do?
I am having problem in my backbone. It really paining while sleeping facing my back down. Please give me the proper solution for it. Thank you.
Hi Lybrate team. I have been getting back pain since last 1 year. I have to drive bike almost everyday 60 km/day. Please suggest some remedy. Thanks.
Hello sir, I am 24 year old woman. I have back pain problem since two months and oily dandruff problem since four months. what should I do please tell me.
My sister is 20yrs old. Since last 2 months body is paining and meanwhile suffered fron tyfoid but now no symptoms except body pain. There is no relief by medicines.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.