Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alva Naveen Chandra
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Alva Naveen ChandraYour feedback matters!
I am 3 0 years old I have backache since 2 months I personally used ointment last 2 days but its paining. What should I do?
I am 63 years old man, I keep getting back ache which lasts for a week and goes off, but this time since last month I am having back ache particularly when I am bending forward or sitting in a chair leaning forward. I have taken x ray today and the radiologist remarks are. Straightening of lumbar spinemultilevel anterior marginal osteophytes notedvertebral bodies are niormal in heightsdisc spaces are maintainedpericles and neural arches appear normalpre and para vertebral soft tissue appears to. Be normal. I need your advice. Do I suffer lifelong with intermittent pain. Is my case very alarmingwhat should I do to be devoid from pain.
An ankle sprain can make life miserable. A sudden twist or stretching (due to incorrect walking, incorrect posture, wearing high heels, walking on an uneven and rough surface, exercise, games) can result in ligament(s) tear (partial or complete tear), affecting the ankle. An ankle sprain is often confused with a twisted ankle. However, the two are different as chalk and cheese. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful, taking few weeks to months to heal completely (depending on the severity).
An ankle sprain is independent of age and sex, affecting anyone and everyone under the sun. The symptoms characteristic of an ankle sprain includes:
- The affected region of the ankle may swell up immediately.
- Difficulty in walking. In severe forms, a person may find it difficult to place a step.
- The area appears bruised and tender.
- Excruciating pain and discomfort (severe case).
- Stiffness and, in some cases, discoloration of the skin around the tear.
At no point should the sprain be taken lightly. Seek medical assistance at the earliest. Negligence on your part can aggravate the situation. In extreme cases, an ankle sprain can add to your agony and discomfort, affecting the joints, bones, blood vessels, tendons, and cartilage.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Accurate diagnosis can make the treatment effective, thus accelerating the recovery process. In case of an ankle sprain;
- Physical examination of the affected area and a thorough case study is an important diagnostic step followed by many doctors.
- X-ray of the affected ankle region can help in a better and more accurate diagnosis.
The course of treatment depends on the extent of the damage. In case of a minor sprain, doctors mostly recommend
- Keeping the affected ankle area bandaged (ACE bandage) and well protected. A crutch or a brace is a blessing for people who face difficulty in walking.
- Time and again, apply a cold compress on the sprained ankle. A cold compress can help reduce the swelling effectively.
- In case of extreme pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend an acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen
- Rest as much as possible. While sleeping, use cushions or pillows to keep the leg elevated.
Precaution and Care:
A little alertness and agility on your part can help to deal with an ankle sprain better.
- In the case of a severe sprain, try and avoid self-medication as much as possible. It can do you more harm than good.
- Exert minimum or no pressure on the affected ankle area.
- Indulge in some strengthening exercise as recommended by your physician. It is advisable that you warm up before any exercise.
- Avoid heavy, strenuous work as much as possible.
- Wearing correct footwear is important. Women who have had an ankle sprain should avoid wearing heel shoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
My leg is fracture in 4 years ago and operation is done, in that the rod is attached to bone .if not remove the rod is there any problem in feature? Thank you sir.
I am having pain in my vertebral column, back of shoulders, lower back and legs. I feel a pressing pain in my upper back in the vertebral column and back of shoulders. I also feel muscle stiffness in my back. I am suffering from constipation also. If defecation is not normal for even two days, I am not able to stand for even a short time since my legs pain. Some times I even have pain in may arms when I exercise and sometimes even when I do not. Please help me with the pain and constipation.
Hi. Sir.there is some white white during urination or called dhat , there is pain in my lower back bone, in my joints , I feel sleepy, low in every not even concentrate in my studies, there is restlessness in my legs, low in power and stamina, penis looks shrinking low hardness, please suggest me some affordable medicine or treatment by which I am totally get rid of that situation or not happen in future thanks.
I have a pulling strain on the right posterior side of my neck since past 4 months due to which last three fingers of my right hand go numb at times and my shoulder also aches. What could be the problem? Thanks.
Sir wt is the best way to cure joint problem like if someone is lacking in grease problem of joint grease is not enough how to make grease through natural way.
Hi. I had an injury in my knee. After going through MRI test we come to know that my right leg complete ligament (ACL) got teared. Is that fine if i leave it as it is without surgery. As my orthopedic doctor suggest surgery for reconstruction of ligament.
I'm 28 years old, mother of a 3 yr old and having knee pain and irregular period like once in 3 months, i'm trying to conceive, pleas help
my anklets are swollen. If I sleep swelling is reduced, but I sit for long hours in the office makes the legs swollen. what to do?
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.