Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Alva Naveen ChandraYour feedback matters!
How does less back pain without taking continous medicine? my back pain has been given problem from one year. Please give me a suggetion.
I am having knee bone problem since 5 years and nothing is detected in xray or mri. And it pains a lot. In november im doing arthroscopy of that still have a doubt. Also having sciatica problem. What should I do now?
Sir I am mirnal from amritsar. I am doing gymming from last 2 days and I got injury on my shoulders due to heavy weight. Kindly help me.
Hello Doctor, I have cervical spondylitis it was detected in June 16. All was going fine. I had gone for Acupuncture sessions for infertility and gastric pain. The moment I used to come from session I used to feel some muscle pull below my left shoulder. I did 3 session and stopped. Currently I am having spasm in back neck my head is feeling heavy and there is pain in upper left side chest just below shoulder. I took brufen/ tolpidol nothing worked. I showed it to my orthopaedic. He has given 1 tablet for 10 days and I will be doing physiotherapy I wanted to know did this all happen because of Acupuncture session if yes when will this side effect go away. Hope it has not damaged any organ. Please reply.
Hello Doctor! My brother was suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy n recently we have heard about the stem cell treatment which was increasing their lifespan which was done in Mumbai n delhi is it true sir n if it is how much would be success rate can you tell me clearly about this treatment sir. Can you opt that or not!
Hi. My mom is 52yrs old & she is suffering from Knee Joint pain for over 16yrs. Doctors advised for Knee replacement surgery. Pls advise us in this regards?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.