Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. Alok GoelYour feedback matters!
I feel like my energy drained till 12 pm .please tell me methods or foods or medicines to increase my energy.
Im 21years old. I am very thin now. I want to become somewhat fat. Shall I get any help from u. Suggest any food to become fat.
Cervical Cerclage (Cervical Stitch Operation)
This is also called as cervical stitch operation. The cervix is the mouth or entry point of the uterus which extends into the vagina.
It is advised in cases where a woman may have a previous second-trimester pregnancy loss or some procedure done on the cervix earlier leading to weakness of the cervix. This weakness may lead to a lax birth passage through which a premature baby can slip out accidently, causing a miscarriage or premature birth.
What is it?
It is an operation done to surgically close the cervix so that the baby does not slip out through the open passage. A small suture is passed through the cervix and tied similar to the way one would tie a filled balloon. This stitch is expected to hold the pregnancy and the baby securely inside till we remove the stitch near delivery.
When should it be done?
An emergency stitch may have to be applied anytime during pregnancy when your doctor feels that the cervix is showing signs of opening. These signs may appear on ultrasound scan or while examining your cervix.
An elective procedure is usually done between 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.
What should I expect before the surgery?
You would be admitted to the hospital and put on some intravenous medication to quieten the uterus. Antibiotics may be started on the basis of your vaginal culture reports.
Surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia and takes around 30 minutes.
What happens after the surgery?
Slight bleeding and cramps in the stomach may happen after the surgery and you would be given medications to make you comfortable.
One usually needs to stay in the hospital for one or two days after the surgery to look for signs of miscarriage or any other complication.
Once you go home you should avoid exertion, vaginal intercourse and lift heavy weights( not more than 5-8 kgs) for the rest of the pregnancy.
Please inform your doctor immediately if you have any excessive discharge from the vagina/ fever/ pain in your belly or any other discomfort.
You must follow your doctor's advice on regular checkups and other investigations during the rest of the pregnancy.
When do we remove the stitch?
The stitch remains in place for the rest of the pregnancy till around 37 weeks. It may have to be removed earlier if you start your contractions or go into preterm labor.
The stitch is usually removed without any anesthesia but if there is any problem in its removal because of its position or extra tissue growing over it, then a short anesthesia may be required to cut it.
I took first i-pill after unprotected sex ,and 2nd after 60-70 hours. .What can be the side effects?
I am 44 year old hectic work schedules make me lazy no exercise 85 kg weight, stopped alcohol from last 50 days, I smoke daily 1 or 2 cigarettes, no physical activity, I am hypertensive and taking olmesar AMH Please advice a diet plan.
Can you tell me whether exercise or diet is better for getting rid of belly fat? If it is diet, what type is best? And if exercise works, how much and what kind is most effective?
I have diabetes. Not too high. I am trying to maintain it by not eating any sugar items. It's a tough one to maintain. Please help me with any other solutions.
Hello, I am doing a diet that is basically eating right nothing fancy but I have these binges daily and I can't help it. I am really embarrassed of wearing clothes that are too tight and I feel very bad about it. I am on a constant weight for a month nothing has changed. I need some tips to lose at least 15-17 kgs to get normal as I am overweight and short too, a bad combination. Kindly help me with some tips. Regards.
I am 66 years old sufferring from T-2 diabitics for the last 5 years and under control. Two days back, I found swelling in my left feet near the small finger as a result of which I could not walk. There is no wound and no pain during nights. No one in my family is having any paralytics complaint so far. Please advise.
I am 22 years old nd very skinny for some past days I feel like my body is shrinking nd its feels really sick frm inside I dnt knw wt is it but I think I need help m getting bad ideas abt my health? Wt should I do? Or is that any disease m facing bcz its does nt feel good frm inside m sick.
I have put down my weight of 2.5 kg in a week. Pls do suggest me for how to gain my weight in a week.
Dear doctor, one of my friend working in hotel. Last five days he got fever. When he had some food after that he will omit all. Even paining his all body. After that he went to doctor and doctor give some medicine like ORS, GYOCEF-200, GAPCINE-500, ONDAPIL*MD, PARACETAMOL. But now still he has fever and now on his body getting red. So what should we do for it?
I am 19 years old weight around 77 height 6. My whole body is lean but there is some amount of fat on hip area what to do.
Dear sir /madam I am 52 years old male. Having type 2 diabetes since 2 years and wanted to control it without using medicines. Presently using gluformin xl 500mg morning and gluformin xl1000 night after dinner. Please suggest what to do if I want to reduce the dose.Also suggest me what type of food that I need to consume.Anxiously waiting for your reply. Tell me how to control.
My dat of birth is 27th May 1974.I.E. I am 41 years old Indian woman. My weight is nearly 95 kgs and my height is 5'2. I am overweight.And am suffering from anemia too. But from the last 1 year while i walk i feel my knees are week and are not able to carry my body weight.Especially if i have to climb uo and down stairs.I feel really weak in my knees, please suggest what should I do
A woman aspires to give her best in all spheres of life- home, child-care, social relationships and work. High expectations from oneself and those of others together cause great amount of stress among working mothers. Physical exercising help release endorphins in the body which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. Here is a list of fun physical exercises that working moms can choose their work-out regimen from and enhance their mental health.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief. One of these exercises can be practised in isoltaion or a combination of exercises can be chosen from to suit your needs. Stress busting exercises should be practised regularly to maintain good mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor or ask a free question.