Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alamma MarannaYour feedback matters!
I have been diagnosed with right ovarian cyst,fatty liver and right renal simple cyst. Right ovary cyst measuring 51x24 this is the scan report of today.what to do
My periods started on 28/11/2015 last month and now its been over a month for my menses it start today morning 2/01/2016 I unmarried is it common that my periods got delayed? Please let me know if there might be any problem if possible please explain me in detail.
My friend has used Mifepristone and Misoprostol kit for her abortion of 4 weeks pregnancy as per a doctor's suggestion from a clinic. She started bleeding after using 1 Mifepristone and 2 tablets of misoprostol. She assumes that she has aborted and does not want to use remaining 2 misoprostol tablets as the cramps are more. Please suggest if she has to completely use the kit for complete abortion or is it enough as she is having bleeding now.
Contraceptives are generally drugs and devices, which are used to prevent pregnancy. A large number of contraceptives are available which allow the couple to enjoy sex without running the risk of unwanted pregnancies. The general categories of contraceptives are explained below:
- Male Condom: It is one of the most common forms of contraception. They are worn on the penis before sex is initiated. For safety purpose, a new condom should be used every time the person has sex.
- Female Condom: Much like male condoms, these are available at over-the-counter pharmacies without prescription. The condoms can be inserted to the vagina anytime within a period of 8 hours prior to sex.
- Diaphragm: This should be coated with a spermicide before sex and placed inside a woman's vagina so that the sperms are prevented from entering the uterus.
- Cervical Cap: These are used as replacements for diaphragms because some women may develop bladder infections such as cystitis while using it and these caps have lesser contact with the vagina.
The main implementation of hormonal changes to provide contraception is the pill. This is the most common form of female contraception available. It comes in two forms:
- Combined contraceptive pill: Contains a combination of hormones such as progestin and oestrogen.
- Mini-pill: Contains only progestin: It is available only with the prescription of the doctor and should be used as per the prescription.
Intrauterine Devices: The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by facilitating the prevention of fertilization of the egg.
Sterilization: This is a lifelong option that is available for both men and women. In males, the procedure is known as vasectomy which basically ties and cuts off the tubes that carry the sperm.
In women, two forms of sterilization are available; surgical and non-surgical. Surgically, the fallopian tubes are cut and tied using small cuts in the belly so that the ovaries and uterus are not linked. Non-surgically, coils are inserted into the fallopian tubes so the resultant development of scars leads to complete blockage of the tubes.
Other forms of contraceptives include contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, contraceptive injections, spermicides and contraceptive implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi, My partner had last period on 15th June 2016. The expected date for next period was 15th July. As she is not in periods, we had unsafe sex on 16th July. I have given a unwanted 72 tablet at 71 hours after having a sex. Is she pregnant. When she will be in periods. Please let me know I am worried. The main thing is that I didn't inserted completely in her vagina. And the day before sex I had masturbated.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. I never knew flaxseed are unsafe in early pregnancy. I have been taking grounded flaxseed daily. Please help if that can cause any side effect?
I usually get rashes in groin before period. Is there any relation between that and infertility. I also get nowadays nausea and breast pain before period which seams to be early pregnancy symptoms. Is it because of any hormonal problem.
I am married couple I had sex with my wife she got two time pregnant but both time she unable to carry more then seven week her pregnancy she take all test and find everything is ok then I doubt may have problems to me and my sperm and I have few pain in my testicle please give me advice.
Recently in part of my and my wife romance. My pennis was touched to my wifes vagina. Will she get pregnancy. If it gets how we will know with in short tym. Is there any possibilities in that situation to get pregnancy. We do not want pregnancy now.
Hi I have one follicle in right ovary 19 mm and one left side 21 mm. Dr. Give me hcg shot on 12th day of cycle. What is the chances of getting pregnant. Is there twins baby chances.
Protected Sex on 27th April, Took ipill on 30th morning for extra safety, Due Date was 3 May for periods but didn't receive till now. Please help! Chances of getting pregnant or should I take tablet or wait? Help me please!
Doctor. I am a woman of 49 years. I feel severe depression, lack of concentration, irritability, anger, negative thoughts, lack of self confidence etc prior and during my periods. Usually I become normal by fifth day. Please suggest a medicine suitable for me along with how should I use it. Thanks a lot for helping me.
I'm going to be 30 years in December and i'm planning for pregnancy. It's 3.5 years of my marriage. I got pregnant last year June but due to insufficient growth my gynaecologist told me to abort the kid of 5 weeks. Now i'm trying but i'm not able to conceive. My periods are regular but for last 2 months they are also getting delayed by 5 to 10 days, not sure, but due to travel n change of place. Please suggest something.
I am a 41 yr old female having hot flushes on my face very often before and after my periods are over. Its giving me sleepless nights. My periods are also limited to 2 days with normal flow. Please help.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting embryos are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has reduced sperm count or there is some problem with motility or morphology of sperms. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an anaesthetic drug. Ultrasound probe is then inserted through the vagina for aspirating the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertilization: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilization happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilized. Fertilised embryos start developing in the laboratory and then the embryos are transferred inside the uterine cavity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.