Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alamma MarannaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 28 years old. I am suffering from frequent urination after a severe sex. What should I do.
Hi. My age is 26. And I am a pure vegetarian. We are planning for a baby. And I have got my report and it shows low sperm count. What shall I do?
Which are the safe days to avoid pregnancy by using natural family planning method. Im confuse about fertility days and ovulation days what this mean?
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. Preconception counselling and health check-up focus on things you can do before pregnancy to increase the chances of having healthy baby. There is plenty you can do now to make yourself as healthy as possible to have a healthy baby. If you want THE BEST PROGENY, then you should:
- According to Ayurveda, ‘Cheerful mind’ is most important for fertility
- Engage yourself in relaxing activities such as reading, gardening, listening to music
- Explore new hobbies
- Replace negative thoughts with more positive ones
- Avoid stress in relationship, Enjoy married life with alternate intercourse in mid period
Adapt a healthy life cycle
- Do regular exercise
- Avoid smoking and Tobacco
- Know your Prakruti (Body Constitution) and get the diet and lifestyle chart according to your Prakruti
- Consult a specialist from Ayurveda especially practising gynaecology
- Get whole preconception counselling and health check-up done
- Avoid toxic substances and Environmental contaminants
Start with folic acid
- Under medical guidance, start taking folic acid daily once
- Folic Acid supplementation greatly reduces risk of brain & spinal cord problems in babies
- If you have any pre-existing medical issues like diabetes, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, heart disease or thyroid dysfunction, be sure they are under control. Ask your physician if its safe to continue the treatment for medical issues during pregnancy or to adjust to a safer alternative
- Self medication should be avoided
- If you consult doctor, even for other problem, you should make the doctor aware about your plan of pregnancy
Start preconception panchkarma treatment
- An Ayurveda physician will advise proper Panchakarma treatment according to body constitution and detailed history
- Ayurvedic medicines, diet and lifestyle modification along with preconception detoxification panchakarma treatment regularise metabolism, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, increase egg quality and sperm quality in case of male and relieve stress
- The treatments include Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasya, Uttarbasti, Yoni Prakshalan, Pichudharan, Shirodhara, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi, I am 20 yr old and my girlfriend is 19. Her periods date is around 10th of every month, last month we had sex couple of times using all safety measures and she' s on pill too. 1. Will there be any postpone in periods of her? 2. Is it safe to have sex now? 3. Will the periods be late if we have sex now? 4. And also during the time of periods, is the intercourse safe?
In this modern age of it revolution virtually everything has become possible online, including medical consultation. Like a coin has two sides, there are pros and cons for online medical consultation. If used appropriately and judiciously it can definitely improve healthcare outreach.
Medicine is science and art. It requires years of training and experience to become a good doctor. Diagnosis requires knowledge of not only the disease but also of a lot of other personal, familial, environmental information related to the patient. Hence, whenever asking for a medical opinion online please be sure to describe your problem in detail and include information about the following:
1. Age, gender, weight and height
2. Marital status, occupation
3. Brief family history - any deaths, high blood pressure/diabetes/tb/ asthma
4. Personal history including diet (veg/non-veg), sleep, addictions, bladder-bowel problems, etc.
5. Medical history - any current or past diseases, past surgeries or hospital admissions, any medications, any allergies (this is very important).
6. Current medical problem description: time since problem started, how did it start, is continuous or episodic, what makes it better or worse, location, relation to time of day, nature of the problem (for eg. Pain - dull or sharp or electric current like), any treatment taken or reports conducted, how does it affect your daily work and life and other relevant details.
Also, please make it a point to answer all the questions asked by the doctor and follow up. By doing this you will be able to derive optimum benefit of online consulting.
Wish everyone a healthy life!
When I ejaculate in my wife all liquid come out from vagina. Is it normal? Or my semen is not going inside and it will create problem in conceiving? I am worried. please help.
Setting a heating pad on a low degree on the abdomen area loosens the tight muscles and eases cramping pain resulting in lesser anxiety and relaxation during menstruation.
My wife is 3 months pregnant now. She vomits several times every day and gets weak. Otherwise no other problem. How to stop vomiting or what kind of food or drink should she take. Please suggest.
I am 20 years old female I am suffering from PCOD from last 3 years. I underwent a treatment but still I find no results I have problems loosing weight. No matter how hard my diet is or how hard do I workout m not able to loose weight Can you please design a diet chart for me as every case is spl? Or give me some guidance that what should I do now? Moreover my menses have reduced to 1.5 days only. I want to get well asap.
I used to masturbate since childhood but after marriage, I got to know that real intercourse is much different and difficult. My husband and I have not yet had a completely successful sex experience and we are planning to have a baby now. I don't know how deep my husband's penis should get inside for a successful intercourse. Can you please help me with tips for a good sex? Initially I used to push him aside and be scared of the whole idea but my resistance has got better now. Still, I feel I don't have stamina for a complete experience. Please suggest the right diet and exercise too.
I am 31 year old. M trying for pregnancy. Today is my 14th day after periods. My today's Right follicle size is 22*22/21*18, ET is 7.9 and I have taken hucog 10000 injection yesterday around 7: 30 pm. Today I am having slight fever and a bad throat infection. Should I take any medicine. Will it affect if I get pregnant.
Eat a variety of foods to get all the nutrients you need. Recommended daily servings include 6-11 servings of breads and grains, two to four servings of fruit, four or more servings of vegetables, four servings of dairy products, and three servings of protein sources (meat, poultry, fish, eggs or nuts). Use fats and sweets sparingly.
Choose foods high in fiber that are enriched, such as whole-grain breads, cereals, pasta and rice, as well as fruits and vegetables.
Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your daily diet while pregnant. You should take a prenatal vitamin supplement to make sure you are consistently getting enough vitamins and minerals every day. Your doctor can recommend an over-the-counter brand or prescribe a prenatal vitamin for you.
Eat and drink at least four servings of dairy products and calcium-rich foods a day to help ensure that you are getting 1000-1300 mg of calcium in your daily diet during pregnancy.
Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods, such as lean meats, spinach, beans, and breakfast cereals each day to ensure you are getting 27 mg of iron daily.
While you're pregnant, you will need 250 micrograms of iodine a day to help ensure your baby's brain and nervous system development. Choose from a variety of dairy products -- milk, cheese (especially cottage cheese), yogurt -- as well as baked potatoes, cooked navy beans, and limited amounts -- 8 to 12 oz per week -- of seafood such as cod, salmon, and shrimp.
Choose at least one good source of vitamin c every day, such as oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, honeydew, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, green peppers, tomatoes, and mustard greens. Pregnant women need 70 mg of vitamin c a day.
Choose at least one good source of folic acid every day, like dark green leafy vegetables, veal, and legumes (lima beans, black beans, black-eyed peas and chickpeas). Every pregnant woman needs at least 0.4 mg of folic acid per day to help prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida.
Choose at least one source of vitamin a every other day. Sources of vitamin a include carrots, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, spinach, water squash, turnip greens, beet greens, apricots, and cantaloupe.