Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alamma Maranna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alamma MarannaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with a girl recently and came to know today that she has missed her periods. What is the certainty of she being positive. What other options do we have now to avoid it. Need help.
Osteoporosis is slowly emerging as an epidemic in modern day India, with more and more women getting affected by it. Perhaps, it will not be an overstatement to say that by the year 2025, India will be known as the osteoporosis capital of the world. But, the good news is that treatment for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases is developing rapidly and you can easily maintain proper bone health by making yourself aware about the issues that might affect your bones and opting for ways to prevent them.
How severely are Indian women affected by bone related problems?
With the increase in longevity in Indian women, the extent of bone-related problems is also increasing, especially among women who are close to or have been through menopause. Studies reveal that severe bone-related problems affect about 20% of Indian women between the age of 40 and 50. Some common bone disorders that have a significant impact on the health of women with increasing age are:
- Osteoporosis: This condition is associated with brittle and fragile bones, prevailing as a result of tissue loss due to hormonal changes or lack of requisite amount of vitamin D or calcium in the body
- Osteopenia: Its severity is more than that of osteoporosis and this condition involves the lessening of bone tissues mineral and protein content
- Osteomalacia: It is a condition in which your bones become soft due to vitamin D or calcium deficiency
- Arthritis: In this condition, your joints get inflamed, leading to pain and stiffness
What are the common symptoms associated with bone-related diseases?
If you observe the following signs, you might be suffering from a bone related problem:
- Experiencing pains without any known causes
- Painful joints and muscles
- Difficulty in walking properly
What are the measures can you take to prevent them?
Women under the age of 20 can prevent bone-related issues by:
- Having a balanced diet
- Ensuring that your diet contains the requisite amount of protein, calcium and vitamin D
- Participating in physical activities such as running and jogging
- Staying outdoors to get exposed to sunlight
- Maintaining proper body weight
During the perimenopausal phase (the time when a women is about to experience menopause), she is more susceptible to bone-related issues and should take extra steps to maintain proper bone health. Some of these measures include:
- Being careful about nutrient intake
- Getting yourself checked by a gynecologist at regular intervals to ensure that you have correct bone density and vitamin D and calcium levels
- Taking calcium or vitamin D supplements, if required
- Ensuring that you have an active lifestyle
My uterus and ovary all are normal and periods correct. When I went to hospital my doctor advice me premence capsule for 15 days. I have pms problem every month. This month I am using premence capsule. My period is late 4 days. Nipples pain occurred . Is this a reason due to medicine my period is getting late.
Hlo sir mam I am using norethisterone tab for delay period time. Can I use unwanted 72 also after intercourse? There is no risk to take this with norethisterone tab?
I have a severe stomach pain for 1st 2 days during periods. I am taking meftaspas tablet minimum 3 per day to reduce pain. I consulted doctor. They performed all tests and said everything is normal. How can I reduce my period pain. Intake of tablets cause any infertility? I also have oily skin and acne. Please give me a solution for my problem.
I'm a 23 year old girl. I don't get my periods every month. Its so irregular means once in 3-6 months. Since the beginning. Consulted my gynecologist many time. But she said its bcz of my low hemoglobin level which is (7.7). What should I do.
Cervix is the tissue that connects the vagina and the uterus and is an important part of female reproductive system. Cervical cancer like any other form of cancer refers to an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix, one that if undetected at the initial stages, can involve tremendous complications which are often fatal. It is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Some of the visible symptoms of this ailment are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina: Though menstruation is a natural occurrence in a woman's life, often times you can suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, which may precede, succeed or occur between periods. Such abnormal bleeding is symptomatic of cervical cancer and you must visit a doctor immediately.
- Pain in the abdomen: In case you are suffering from cervical cancer, clear signals will be given by your body indicating that. One such signal is a nagging pain in the abdomen or in the pelvis. Though it may appear harmless, you must not treat it lightly and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Excruciating pain during periods: Experiencing pain during periods is a matter of such compliance that it seldom raises any concern. However, in certain cases the pain may be more than what you generally experience. In such a situation, it must not be dismissed entirely rather must be consulted with a doctor.
The most common test is used to diagnose cervical cancer is known as a pap test. In this particular examination, a sample of cells from your cervix will be taken by the doctor for examination. If the inference is reliant on the normal or the abnormal growth of these cells, the latter confirming the onset of the ailment.
In spite of being an extremely lethal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that successfully deal with this problem. Some of them are:
- Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed of treatment to treat cervical cancer is a surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to kill destroy them.
I give my wife I pill 6 january lekin abhi tak period start nhi hue aur jab se I pill dii tab se roz stomach mein pain hota h jab wo walk karti h ya laughing karti h help.
डिअर मेम मेरी शादी 22 जनवरी को हुई है कुछ दिन सेक्स किआ 10 वे दिन मेरा टाइम पीरियड आ गया तो प्लीज आप बताये क्या करे?कुछ और जानकारी भी चाइये 1.बिना कोंडोम कब सेक्स कर सकते हे? 2.रोजाना कोंडोम के साथ सेक्स करने से कोई प्रॉब्लम हो सकती है क्या? 3.कोंडोम के अलावा कोई और तरीका है जिसे सेफ सेक्स किया जा सके?4.टाइम पीरियड में भी सैक्स कर सकते हे क्या?
Dear sir I have cyst and I have menses problem. Every month menses will come but bleeding is coming like a clots. I am gaining weight. What I have to do please suggest me. I am fully worried.
Hi, last month I had miscarriage due to excess heat in my body. Let me know what food I have to take and what to avoid. I am 28 now desperately trying to conceive.
I am 9 month pregnant first was sigerine before 3 years can I give normal birth with out any problem.
I am 25 years old, iam having pcos on both overy, and I had done foleculer study, past 2 days ovalation happened to me, it is possible to get pregnant, and i am having leg pain now, I need to know the reason.
The perception of happiness has changed drastically over the past few decades. The constant pursuit has resulted in over expectation. Nobody wants to adjust or do any form of compromise today. Even the concept that “Marriages are made in heaven” stands as a question mark and the divorce rates are constantly rising. So, if you don’t want to settle with a legal notice and try to give another chance to make a comeback, a set of specialized therapists called counselors are waiting with their arms open, trying to let you know the cause of your unhappiness.
Marriage is all about commitment, devotion, spirituality, chemistry and even hard work. Don’t get amazed by the word ‘hard work’ here. This is a ‘must-have’. You have to work on anything and everything to continue the way it was and counselors simply guide you by listening to your problems. Seeking a counselor’s help instead of ruining it till the last is a good indication that you still want to put your efforts into this marriage. They listen to your problems and provide solutions accordingly to make it work for you over a long term.
So, before calling it an end, give it a chance and visit a counselor to act on whatever is left of this union. They are problem solvers and with their skills and advice, things can be normal as before.
- Marriage counselors will guide you throughout without being biased, helping you with ways to resolve a conflict. Good communication skill is a very important for a healthy marriage, and a good guide about it will help you in listening to each other.
- It’s obvious to expect in a relationship and presenting about your needs carefully before your spouse will help in building the much-needed understanding. So how should you work on it? You’ve counselors to show you the path.
- The art of talking can be improved during counseling sessions. Without being offensive, you can then be assertive and place your words into the situation.
- For the unresolved issues, there will also be a solution. During sessions, the marriage counselor gives you an environment to speak your heart out, and you can simply elaborate on how you feel when things get messy. Based on your answers, you will have solutions to your problems. Open out about your feelings more and more so that your spouse can understand the effort and vice versa.
- Without the quarrels, understanding will be much deeper, and you may seem to find out ways to work it just the way you wanted your marriage to be.
Marriage needs monitoring in every aspect. So before it’s too late, grab your chance to avoid the guilt that you may have later on. If your hearts have clicked before, a little effort will reunite it again. Give counseling a chance to protect yourself from future regrets.