Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alamma Maranna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alamma MarannaYour feedback matters!
If your child develops an eating disorder, you might be unsure about how to solve the problem and how to act on it. Eating disorders occur when your child tends to either eat in excess, or eats too less. The behavior of your child is also subjected to change because of an eating disorder. It is likely for him to get withdrawn, rude, and touchy. This makes it difficult for you to deal with them at a time when communication is necessary. Here are some essential tips that you should follow in dealing with eating disorders in children:
- You should get advice about how to talk to your child. It will help you in realizing that your child is likely to be defensive as their eating disorder is a form of coping. Hence, it is normal for a child to be reluctant about letting go of it. If your child is undergoing treatment, the treatment team has a vital role to play. However, your constant love and support are also very important.
- It is important to talk to your child about the condition, even though he cannot accept that he is having a problem. Communication is an essential part of treatment, which you should never ignore. You should not blame or judge your child, and refer proper resources to him. You have to be prepared for a negative response from your child.
- You should educate yourself properly about your eating disorder. Abstain from talking to your child about his appearance, even in the form of a compliment. Use ways for boosting your child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Abstain from referring to weight problems and diets followed by other people. You need to assure your child that you will be there for him, no matter what. You should talk to him about activities he should get involved in, in a positive tone and approach.
- Coping with the meal times of your child suffering from an eating disorder is very important as well. Consult your child’s treatment team to know about ways of arranging your meal times ideally.
- Take your child out for shopping and agree on having meals that are acceptable, from both your and his end.
- You should have an agreement with your whole family regarding meals, which will help to set the expectations of everybody. Agree on not talking about fat content, calorie content, or portion sizes during meals.
- You must abstain from consuming low calorie food items in front of them. Try to keep the meal time atmosphere positive and light hearted. Do not focus on others during meal times and teach your child to concentrate on his own meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Patient of breast cancer pathologic grade 3 and no lymph node involvement size more than 3 cm but less than 5 cm .on upper inner part of left breast. Modified radical mastectomy done adjuvant chemotherapy going on .ER neg. PR neg. HER 2 by IHC method neg as reported by TATA Cancer hospital Mumbai .but same hospital showed last impression as uninterpretable when FISH method is used .
Hello, my mom during periods every month. She will be getting huge stomach pain. Even she unable to get up r stand properly. So what is the solution? And she used to be fasting (without eating food) mostly.
Please suggest are there any harmful effects of taking emergency contraceptive pills once in a month?
Hi, I am 8 week pregnant according to my last LMP. 27 April 2016. My doc did a sonography on 13 june and told me that pregnancy is confirmed and it is of 5 week. As I got faint line on UPT 30 may. From 18 of june I had spotting and with my doc consultation I did an another sono on 23 june and doctor say it is not clear from normal obst sonography go for an internal one. We did it and I got baby and cardiac movement also but he told us it is only of 5 week 3 days. I am tensed that is it possible. Please tell.
Cholesterol and the Erect Penis
A healthy body is a wonderful thing for a man to have; few things are as precious as good health. It's also worth noting that a man's overall health can also have an impact specifically on his penis health. Since men take great pride in penis health and the impressive erect penis that benefits from that health, guys should also spend time thinking about how things that affect their overall health may also sneak up and attack that erect penis. And what might be able to do such a thing? Well, one thing could be cholesterol.
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is naturally made in the liver. There's a "good" kind of cholesterol, usually called HDL, and a "bad" kind, known as LDL. HDL goes around and helps remove LDL, so having high levels of HDL is a good thing; but a high level of LDL is bad.
When there's a lot of LDL, it causes plaque to build up in the arteries. This excess plaque "narrows" the arteries, so that blood has a harder time flowing through them. (This is called atherosclerosis.) Sometimes it can result in heart attack or stroke. This is why it is so vital that men keep their cholesterol levels under control.
As mentioned, cholesterol is made naturally in the liver. But diet affects the ultimate amount of cholesterol in the body and usually is the reason why cholesterol levels get out of hand.
Erect penis issue
The fact that high cholesterol can affect the coronary arteries and lead to serious cardiac issues is the main reason to be concerned about cholesterol. But it can affect other arteries as well - including those that involve the penis and surrounding areas.
When plaque builds up in the penile arteries, it impedes the flow of blood - which is crucial for a properly functioning penis, especially in terms of attaining and maintaining an erection. In addition, cholesterol is thought to impede production of nitric oxide, which is used to help keep blood vessels open. So bad cholesterol not only helps narrow arteries, it also decreases one of the elements which can help open them up - a double whammy for an erect penis!
In addition, some scientists believe that cholesterol affects production of testosterone. This male hormone is a key component in maintaining sex drive, so too much cholesterol may mean too little testosterone which in turn may mean a diminished sex drive.
What to do?
Keeping bad cholesterol at bay is crucial for a guy's health. There are several things a man can do if he wants to lower his cholesterol (after checking with his doctor to get approval).
- Maintain a low fat diet. Eat more vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains and lean proteins. Avoid saturated fats and junk foods.
- Exercise. Bering physically active and keeping the body in better physical shape will also help keep cholesterol levels lower.
- Take medication. If the doctor recommends it, there are several mediations available which can help keep cholesterol levels in check.
Keeping cholesterol at an appropriate level will decrease the chances of an erect penis issue due to cholesterol. It also helps to maintain overall penis health, which means a man's daily regimen should include application of a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that include vitamin B5. Why? Because B5 is also known as pantothenic acid, and pantothenic acid is thought to help fight against LDL cholesterol. In addition, the crème should include L-arginine. This is an amino acid which plays a role in boosting nitric oxide - and since cholesterol can dampen nitric oxide production (which opens penile blood vessels), this can be a plus.
Hello I am 42 years old have and married women, I have irregular periods (sometimes twice in a month or sometimes more than 5 days (10 - 15 days) with too heavy blood loss (clots). This irregular is almost since 3 years. My sonography reports says normal no fibroids. This days I feel too weak during this days. Can I get to know the solutions for the same.
I am getting irregular period. If I take medicine it will come but if I don't take then it comes after two or three month .I have consulted many doctors from last six to seven years every one says same thing that I have polycystic ovarian. I am married. I want to conceive I am trying but can't. Please help me.
What is anorgasmia?
The reduced ability to orgasm or the inability to orgasm post sufficient stimulation is called anorgasmia. This disorder is quite common in women. In fact, most women cannot orgasm with vaginal stimulation alone. Some require clitoral stimulation by rubbing or oral sex.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Generalized anorgasmia: Orgasms are not achieved with any partner, be it in any situation
- Lifelong anorgasmia: No orgasms have ever been felt
- Acquired anorgasmia: You have climaxed before but due to certain factors, be it emotional or physical, you have stopped getting orgasms
- Situational anorgasmia: Here you may have been able to orgasm before but only in certain positions or a particular partner.
What may cause anorgasmia?
Orgasms can be complex things. It involves the combination of physical, emotional and psychological factors. Anorgasmia can occur if any of the above is affected.
- Medical illnesses: Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can result in anorgasmia.
- Medications: Medicines, for example, antidepressants, anti- histamines, cardio-vascular agents can meddle with climaxes.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can mess with the ability to peak; smoking constraints the blood vessels, thus having a similar impact on both the sexes.
- Gynaecologic issues: Surgeries such as hysterectomy or surgeries of carcinoma can hamper with the capacity to accomplish climaxes.
- Poor self-perception
- Anxiety or dejection
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or pregnancy
- Past passionate or sexual mishandle
- Fights or clashes in the relationship
- No fascination toward the partner
- Lack of association
- Poor association with partner in regards to sexual needs
What are the symptoms of anorgasmia?
The symptom of anorgasmia is the inability to achieve orgasms in spite of sufficient sexual stimulation. It could be because of your partner or because of the position that does not really hit your spot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.