Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Akshata HallikeriYour feedback matters!
I am 40 yrs old, I have pain in low back for the past 2 months and I have knee pain for more than 2 years - can you help me
I am very disappointed with my personality I want to improve it now I am 21 year old nd my personality is so poor I want to gain wait what is the best nd suitable thing that I can do for it plzz may I know?
Sir/madam my hair getting thin due to exams tension and I want to get thick hair I am using homeopathy vr16 from one week. Is it good please suggest me natural way to get thick hair. I went to gym regularly and for washing my hair I am preferring conditioner is it good for daily usage plzzz help me. Thank you.
I am suffering from asthma. And I am under weight. Bcoz of asthma I am not allowed to consume lots of things. What can I do to increase my weight?
I have cold, wet cough with fever and my body is paining from last 5 day plzz suggest me medicine which effected fastly because my marriage is on 22 feb.
I am a 39 year old male I am single I am going to get married this year how can I know that I am healthy and can become a father please let me know if there is any way I can know about this.?
Your Maggi May Not Be Safe! Officials Find High Levels Of MSG And Lead, Call For Nationwide Ban.
The 2-minute noodles 'Maggi' has come under regulatory scanner after samples collected in some parts of Uttar Pradesh were found containing added monosodium glutamate (MSG) and lead in excess of the permissible limit, official sources said.
The Lucknow Food Safety and Drug Administration has initiated inquiry and written to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in New Delhi seeking to cancel the licence for Maggi. The state regulator has also asked FSSAI to order sampling of the product from across the country to check quality, officials said.
"We have tested Maggi samples at Kolkata's referral laboratory. The test results show that there are added monosodium glutamate and excess of lead. We have ordered further sampling" FSDA Assistant Commissioner Vijay Bahadur Yadav told TOI.
However, Nestle, which manufactures Maggi, maintains that it does not add monosodium glutamate to the product, whereas presence of excess lead is "surprising" for the company.
"We do not add MSG to MAGGI Noodles and glutamate, if present, may come from naturally occurring sources. Food regulators in India also do not specify any limit for the presence of MSG / Glutamate" a Nestle spokesperson said. He said, "We are surprised with the lead content supposedly found in the sample. We monitor the lead content regularly as part of regulatory requirements, and tests at our own accredited laboratories as well as those by independent external accredited laboratories have consistently shown the results to be well within the permissible limit"
According to Yadav, test results showed Maggi containing 17 parts per million lead, whereas the permissible limit is 0.01ppm. Nestle says its records show lead content is negligible and less than 1 % of the fixed limit.
Monosodium glutamate, a kind of amino acid which occurs naturally in many agricultural products, is often also added artificially to packaged food to enhance flavour. Regulators and experts say such additives can be harmful for health, mainly for children. Food safety regulations mandate companies to specify on the packaging if MSG has been added.
When contacted, FSSAI said it will examine the case once it receives a detail report from UP and will immediately order sampling from other states. "Enforcement of the Act lies with state government and they must keep a stringent check. Once we receive communication from the state, we will certainly examine and take immediate cognizance" a senior FSSAI official said.
Nestle said so far it has not been informed about any cancellation of licence or ban on the product. It also maintains that Maggi noodles "conform to all applicable food laws and regulations.(Originally published in The Times Of India)
I am 22 years old. I am very thin and I have lost my energy please give me any suggestion and back my energy.
I am 58 years old male. I have difficulty in continuous moving and standing or climbing stairs and knee joined gets swelled and feel mild pain in nerves near knee joint a. Further I can not take glucosamine as it triggers hives and rashes on skin around neck and shoulders and body feels excess heat all time and have to take atrax and prednisolone to subside the rashes. Please advise.
I'm 24 year old healthy guy. I Recently stopped eating chicken for good. A family doctor told me it's harmful for the body. Does leaving eating chicken after 20 years of eating it cause any harm for the body?
I always have very good diet but my body not growing well (i have very slim body I want to grow or make healthier little bit)
I want food supplement for weight gain without heavy workout. Can you recommend me some good product.
Dandruff is characterized by a white, flaky substance on the scalp. Dandruff is not a serious condition and neither is it contagious. Basic hygiene and a few good rules could be effective in treating the irritable condition of dandruff.
Here are the five home Made solutions for dandruff:
- Garlic: A lot of people seem to avoid garlic on their hair because of the pungent smell associated to it. However, the medicinal properties of garlic are too many to be overlooked. The benefits of raw and crushed garlic are too many to be listed and have been tested since a long time. For best results, pound garlic cloves with water and wash your hair with the liquid. And for the smell, you could add honey and ginger to the mixture.
- Neem: Ancient herbs hold relevance till today. The medicinal and cooling properties of neem are a great remedy for treating dandruff. Nature is the best way to go and Neem has been a tested element for all skin ailments and same applies to the fungi that accumulate as the result of flakes. Boil neem leaves in water and use the broth to wash hair.
- Coconut oil: This oil is supposed to have anti-fungal properties and also keeps the scalp from getting itchy. For best results, mix coconut oil with lemon and rub it in the scalp gently. Leave for some time and then again wash the hair. This should be done at least three times in a week to get rid of dandruff.
- Vinegar: It is one of the other ingredients that are a proven anti-dandruff. Application of fungus helps to kill the fungi and bacteria associated to dandruff. Vinegar is rich in acidic content and thus reduces flaking a great deal. White vinegar and water should be mixed in equal proportions and applied to hair thoroughly. Leave it for some time and wash the hair thoroughly. Follow this for three times a week for best results.
- Yogurt: Perhaps the most common method used for treating dandruff since a long time. Yogurt continues to win our trust every time. This is simple as it could get. Apply yogurt to the scalp and leave it for some time. Then wash the yogurt after around an hour and use a mild shampoo to wash off the hair. Repeat the procedure for at least two days a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin or hair related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.