Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Akilha DilipYour feedback matters!
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Ashwini Mulye. I practise in CBD in Preheladpur. I am running an Ayurvedic Panchakarma centre since 15 years.
In the last video, we saw that how Basti helps in detoxification and the removal of waste from the body. Today I will speak about menopause, degenerative changes in the body and how Basti helps in it.
Post menopausal age lot of women come to me with the back ache, lumbar pain, weight gain, leg pain and hot flushes with a lot of debility, weakness etc. As they cross menopausal there are a lot of degenerative changes in the body due to lack of estrogen hormone. And there is 90% female we see nowadays in the age of 33-35 years we find the degenerative changes, the vit-D deficiency and osteoporotic changes.
What can be the reason for this problem?
The reasons are;
- Lack of nutritious food
- Lack of proper exercise
- Lack of exposure to sunlight
- Improper sitting posture
- Improper way of eating
- Irregular eating habits
- Improper sleep
- Eating lot of junk food with preservatives
There are a lot of reasons. All these produce degenerative changes early. Earlier the degenerative changes were found at the age of approximately 60 years but now such changes occur at the age of 33-35 years. So, for such cases, we have options in Ayurveda.
We give Ksheera Vasthi. It is a type of enema in which the medical decoction is made of five bitter and Madhur vipaaki dravyas. This can be selected according to the patient. Now, this can be mixed with the milk. The decoction is again reduced to half, it is processed in milk and additional ghee is added according to disorder. This is administered rectal ruffle around 14-21 or more days, according to what disorder patient is having. This helps in increasing the bone density and reducing the effects of degeneration in the body. You have to give them in large numbers.
Benefits- It is observed that after giving such type of Vasthi if there is any reduction in pain or pain related to the degeneration of the back pain, neck pain, joint pain or the lumbar area. As well as it helps in increasing the volume of the hair, reducing your hairfall, increases the strength of the teeth, increases your bone strength many other things like Vit-D deficiency, a lot of sweat, weakness etc . All these problems will be fine if you take this Ksheera Vasthi atleast once a year or depending on the degre of your osteoporosis, twice or thrice a year. It depends on what condition you are going through.
This type of Vasthi is given after the dinner. It is continuously provided to clean bowel habits and rest of the conditions are normal. So, if you are going through such type of disorder, I would suggest to contact us and get an idea about the treatments.
If you have any query, you can contact me through Lybrate for text, audio and video consultation.
I am 2 months pregnant. I ate King Mackerel fish (seer fish or vanjaram fish) during lunch today (approx 200 grams). Only after I ate it, I happened to see in internet that it is bad for baby due to high mercury levels. Now, what can be done to reverse the effect of that? Is it something serious to worry about?
Hi, I had my last period on may 29th after that I had an unprotected intercourse on 15th june and I did not get my periods on june later on I took absorption pills to avoid and I had periods on 9th july which lasted to 13th july. Bleeding was normal on 29th july I had sonography which showed no sign of pregnancy later on 6th august I had urine test which was negative again. I have not got my periods this month as its 10 august today and have no pain in abdomen on pain on legs. Is there possibility to be still pregnant. Please suggest me as I am too stressed cause of it. and when should I again do the urine test if I had false results.
My friend was 20 years old and his girlfriend was 17 years old they are recently participated in sex, and the girl want to eat papaya To avoid pregnancy, What would you advise?
Is it Ok if we can have sex by giving anesthesia to my wife, she has suggested bcaz pain during sex (vaginismus) pls suggest anesthesia We tried lox 2% but it doesn't work.
IVF or In vitro fertilization is a form of fertility treatment where the sperm and egg is combined, in a laboratory. IVF is one of the most common fertility treatment procedures, which involves high technology and are undertaken by many couples all over the world. If you have ovulation problems or problems with the quality of egg and blocked fallopian tubes or in case your male partner has low sperm count or high mortality, you can undertake IVF to become pregnant.
The process of IVF involves the following steps and methods:
- Ovarian stimulation: Before your menstrual cycle begins, you should take a gonadotrophin. This is a fertility drug which will stimulate your ovaries for development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilization process. Taking synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide also help in ovaries stimulation.
- Development of follicle: You must visit your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a checkup of your blood hormone levels. Getting an ultrasound done for regularly measuring your ovaries is also very important. This will allow your doctor to monitor the development of follicles.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection after the follicles are ready. This injection causes full maturation of the eggs and makes them ready to get fertilized. The eggs can be triggered after 36 hours of trigger shots.
- Gathering of the eggs: You will be given an anesthetic by the doctor and an ultrasound probe will be inserted through your vagina for observing the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle is inserted through the vaginal wall and the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilization: Your eggs will be observed once more before being combined with your partner's sperm and being incubated overnight. Fertilization occurs during this time and abnormal eggs are not fertilized. Three days after the eggs are retrieved, some of the successfully fertilized eggs turn into embryos made up of six to ten cells. After five days, some of these embryos become blastocysts made of fluid-filled cavities and tissue, which begin to develop and separate into the baby and the placenta.
- The most viable embryos are selected to be placed in your uterus. The doctor places one to five embryos in your uterus by the insertion of a thin tube or catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants in the walls of the uterus and slowly develops into a baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher in case of multiple embryos.
IVF is a successful and quite a common fertilization process. It is an old procedure used and has been in use for a very long time. The track record of IVF is impressive and more improved techniques are being developed every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
1 years back I did abortion which is due my ex boyfriend, next month my marriage whether my husband can able to find my virginity lose in first night. Any tips pls.
Welcome to spring summer season! The undeniably most popular season of the year is here. As winter melts into spring, the birds, bees, flowers, trees and human hearts are all nourished by more and more sunlight. We may bask in that sunlight, but often we find ourselves still sluggish from winter, with too much on our plates and seasonal allergies to boot! The wisdom of Ayurveda is here to help us balance the shift of seasons and get us glowing, not sneezing all spring.
Spring is also about new beginnings, setting roots that sustain us in summer and fall. This spring, let’s commit to sustaining and thriving- through balance, deep breaths, clean closets and cleansed bodies! In Ayurveda, the Indian classical Medicine used by yogi’s for thousands years, spring is ruled the elements fire and water, which combine to make pitta dosha or bodily constitution. In spring we work to shed the excess of winter and balance the amount of fire and water in our systems. Too much water combined with excess earth leaves us feeling heavy, muddy and full of toxins (ama). Too much fire and we’re angry, over heated, over doing, full of allergies and without enough time.
Too much fire and water at the same time leaves our bodies taxed, inflamed and pressurized (think sinus headache). Spring is ruled by the organs of liver and gallbladder, our main organs for cleansing and processing toxins. Our liver processes allergens that come from pollen and pollution, but if our liver is taxed, it has a hard time working as smoothly. Using Ayurveda we cool our heat with water, and cleanse with fire. When we are balanced we have healthy fire, creativity, action and ideas, and the coolness of water to stay hydrated and go with the flow. The wisdom of Ayurveda helps us live in balance with the season and the natural world around us, which is ultimate challenge in our modern urban world, however, it is so worth it!
Here are basic tips to get you going.
- Clear out your closet - clean your house: It sounds basic but de-cluttering your space will help you de-clutter your mind. They say the body is the temple of the mind, and it’s much easier to clean the temple of the body and mind when the literal temple of the home is clear. Get new plants and increase the amount of fresh green things in your living space.
- Clean your body: Spring is the perfect time for a mild Ayurvedic cleanse to reduce toxins (ama) from winter. Since spring is ruled by the organs liver and gallbladder, it the perfect time to give those organs a break. It’s like an oil change for your body.
Try cutting out sugar, alcohol, dairy, caffeine, cooked oils and red meat for 2 weeks just to give your body a break. The first 3 days are the hardest, it gets easier after that! Getting a friend or partner to join helps a lot too. Increase your intake of water, yoga, rest and alkaline foods (green veggies, fruits, whole grains, raw olive oil, avocados). If you have allergies, increase your intake of bitter, sour and astringent flavours. Bitter veggies (arugula, mustard greens, dandelion greens) support the liver and gallbladder, helping to cleanse the system. The excess of winter is all about sweet, heavy comfort foods. Now is the time to cleanse those out of the system.
The simplest pranayama practice is samma vrtti, count to 5 as you inhale and 5 as you exhale. Take a short pause after the inhale and after the exhale, as a reminder to pause and take space! If you feel especially hot, stressed or need to relax, lengthen the exhale (5 in, 8 out). 12 rounds of breath is perfect. Then sit or put your legs up for the remainder of the 10 minutes. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music.