Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akilandeshwari
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AkilandeshwariYour feedback matters!
Sir I have back pain since one month even taking a treatment I am unable to recover. Si I request you to suggest me what to do.
When standing with your back straight, the stresses on discs and ligaments in your low back are considerably lower than when you stand with your back bent forward. Many activities around the home may cause you to bend-for example, gardening, vacuuming, bed making, etc.
Occupations requiring prolonged stooped postures are abundant: assembly line workers, bricklayers,electricians, plumbers, carpenters, surgeons, nurses-the list goes on-are all required to bend forward for prolonged periods everyday.
While working in these bent positions, you are more likely to sustain back problems in the first four or five hours of the day.In order to minimise the risks involved in prolonged forward bending, you should interrupt the stooped position at regular intervals before pain starts. You should stand upright and bend backward five or six times.
This is very important if you have already developed low back problems caused by working in a stooped position. Regular interruption of the stooped position will correct any distortion that may occur in the discs and relieve the stresses on the surrounding tissues. When this is done before pain starts, it usually prevents the development of significant low back pain; and remember, you are especially at risk in the first half of your day, so make sure you always do everything correctly during this period.
An ankle sprain can make life miserable. A sudden twist or stretching (due to incorrect walking, incorrect posture, wearing high heels, walking on an uneven and rough surface, exercise, games) can result in ligament(s) tear (partial or complete tear), affecting the ankle. An ankle sprain is often confused with a twisted ankle. However, the two are different as chalk and cheese. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful, taking few weeks to months to heal completely (depending on the severity).
An ankle sprain is independent of age and sex, affecting anyone and everyone under the sun. The symptoms characteristic of an ankle sprain includes:
- The affected region of the ankle may swell up immediately.
- Difficulty in walking. In severe forms, a person may find it difficult to place a step.
- The area appears bruised and tender.
- Excruciating pain and discomfort (severe case).
- Stiffness and, in some cases, discoloration of the skin around the tear.
At no point should the sprain be taken lightly. Seek medical assistance at the earliest. Negligence on your part can aggravate the situation. In extreme cases, an ankle sprain can add to your agony and discomfort, affecting the joints, bones, blood vessels, tendons, and cartilage.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Accurate diagnosis can make the treatment effective, thus accelerating the recovery process. In case of an ankle sprain;
- Physical examination of the affected area and a thorough case study is an important diagnostic step followed by many doctors.
- X-ray of the affected ankle region can help in a better and more accurate diagnosis.
The course of treatment depends on the extent of the damage. In case of a minor sprain, doctors mostly recommend
- Keeping the affected ankle area bandaged (ACE bandage) and well protected. A crutch or a brace is a blessing for people who face difficulty in walking.
- Time and again, apply a cold compress on the sprained ankle. A cold compress can help reduce the swelling effectively.
- In case of extreme pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend an acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen
- Rest as much as possible. While sleeping, use cushions or pillows to keep the leg elevated.
Precaution and Care:
A little alertness and agility on your part can help to deal with an ankle sprain better.
- In the case of a severe sprain, try and avoid self-medication as much as possible. It can do you more harm than good.
- Exert minimum or no pressure on the affected ankle area.
- Indulge in some strengthening exercise as recommended by your physician. It is advisable that you warm up before any exercise.
- Avoid heavy, strenuous work as much as possible.
- Wearing correct footwear is important. Women who have had an ankle sprain should avoid wearing heel shoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
There is a lot of pain in my upper back at one point in centre. Pls tell the problems it can lead to and how to cure it and preventions.
I had fever and joints pain before 20 days .i have recovered from fever but still have joints paint specially in knee feet and heel even I am not getting able to move my fingers.
I am male 61. Fasting sugar 109. Pp 187. My weight 85 kg. I am vegetarian. I am getting pain in waist while walking. Please advise.
I am 30 I have 1 kid 4 years old I am suffering from lower back pain operation done in delivery time please send suggestion.
TUMMY WEAKNESS ALLOWS THE SPINE TO “SINK”
- Although a hard, statically contracted tummy plays a critical role in a retaining wall when the spine bends, it also does important things just as you sit there. A strong co-contraction with the back muscles buoys the spine up and stops the segments telescoping down into the pelvis and compressing the discs.When the abdominal retaining wall is weak, it cannot generate enough upthrust on the lumbar segments to offset the downward forces.
- The low intra-abdominal pressure cannot lift the spine and interrupt the bearing down pressures on the base. As the girth expands with sitting and the belly falls forward over the belt like a bag of chaff, the abdominal contents spill forward, dragging the spine downwards. As the multi-segmented column ploughs down ever more firmly onto the sacrum, it increases the pressure on the lower discs.
- By moving forward onto the front of the seat incidentally, the abdominal wall works more dynamically and gives better support. You can see this yourself. If you sit slumped on a sofa your tummy balloons forward, flaccid and inert. If you sit up free of back support you feel the internal corset of your tummy reefing in the retaining wall and making a firm, flexible cylinder.
- It also makes the top of your spine better balanced and free-wheeling to work more efficiently over its base.The best sitting arrangement at a desk is a kneeling chair.Its seat is inclined forward a few degrees which promotes optimal hollowing of the lumbar spine instead of a slumped ‘c’.
- Some weight taken through the knees and lower legs on the upholstered cushion minimizes that taken through the lower back. But even though it is ingenious, this chair should be used with caution if you have knee or ankle problems, or if your low back already has a too much lumbar arch. It is worth noting that carrying loads balanced on the head-another time-honoured custom of less developed societies-invokes a superb dynamic response from the tummy muscles.
- Automatically they pull in and brace, converting the lower abdomen into a taut, supportive cylinder. The raised pressure within the abdominal cavity creates extra lift for the spine and safeguards the lower segments from excessive compression. We might do well to copy this way of carrying.