Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. AkheelYour feedback matters!
I am a 32 years old married man. I had an aortic valve replacement surgery in 2012. I am taking acitrom (anticoagulant) 3 mg and amtas m 50 for blood pressure. From few days I urinate very frequently. Most of the time I feel like to urinate. After urinate, I feel that my bladder is not empty. Daily I walk around 5kms or cycling around 10 kms. I checked my sugar level that is 120 on fasting and 150 after breakfast. I have also done lipid profile test, all the things are normal. Please advice
Me and my future wife were having good time together at some point we decided to go for sex but we did anal sex but before doing that I ejected in washroom once and also urine after that. Then we go for sex but during sex I clean my penis twice by cloths so to prevent precum. But I didn't eject inside again I went to washroom and my partner also clean his part by other cloth and she found it very little wet So is there any chance of pregnancy? Please we are worried.
I am having infection near my penis it causes me itching. I tried to put some lotion, but it is still there. Suggest what to do?
I am having Body pains for last three months I work in bpo may be for that reason I think.what can be done for this?
Doctor my 16th day follicular study reports shows that the left ovary- no progress, right ovary- 22. 1*23. 2mm, et 11. 2 mm, and there is no free fluid. Can you pls explain about my report doctor and also I have some questions, kindly please answer to this also. When is my ovulation day? can I conceive this month? please help me doctor am ttc for nearly 1 year.
I have a severe pcod problem. I took treatment but till now i haven't got any good result. Please help me
I am 27 years old. I have a Problem of GERD from last one month. Please prescribe me any allopathy or ayurvedic treatment for GERD.
I am suffering from cough and fever from last 17-18 days. It is really deadly. Please consult me some medicine. Really need your advice. Thank you.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.