Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajitj Kumar T MYour feedback matters!
What is CABG?
CABG or Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting is a surgery done to improve blood flow to the heart. In most instances there is a fatty plaque (CAD or Coronary Artery Disease) in the vessels of heart which reduces the blood flow required for normal function. The plaque may grow or harden with time and reduces oxygen-rich blood reaching the heart. Lowering of the amount of oxygen reaching the heart may result in Chest Pain - called Angina. The plaque may even rupture and form clots on its surface. The clot formed may mostly or even completely block the blood flow - leading to Heart Attack or Myocardial Infarction.
In CABG, a normal vein or artery from the patient's body is connected to the blocked coronary artery. Thereby bypassing the obstructing plaque and creates a new path along which blood can now reach the heart.
What are other options for Treatment of CAD?
Other than CABG options for treatment of CAD include - Lifestyle changes, Medications, PCI or Balloon Angioplasty.
PCI is a nonsurgical option where the blocked artery can be opened and generally a stent is placed at the point of blockage to keep the blood flowing.
Goals of CABG
CABG is done to achieve the following
1. Reduce the symptoms (Chest Pain, Breathlessness etc)
2. Improve quality of Life and helps to resume a more active Lifestyle
3. Improved pumping action of the heart
4. Reduce chances of Heart Attack
5. Improve chances of survival
Who needs CABG?
CABG is a surgical treatment for CAD.
Your doctor may recommend CABG if other treatments have not worked or he judges it good in his clinical opinion.
Decision will be based on factors such as -
1. Severity, Location and number of blockages
2. Response to other treatments
3. Your quality of Life and severity of symptoms
4. Other Medical conditions that you might have
5. Your Age and Medical History
Medical Tests that may be required to determine the need are -
3. Coronary Angiography
CABG is a relatively safe Surgery. The safety of the procedure will depend on your age, existing heart function, and experience of the Doctor.
What to expect before
You will need to undergo a few tests to prepare you for CABG such as - Blood tests, Chest X-Ray, ECG, Echocardiography or maybe Coronary Angiography. Doctors that perform CABG are Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
Things to ask your Doctor at this Stage -
1. What you can eat or drink
2. What activities are you allowed to do (e.g. smoking)
3. What medicines to take (Share all the medicines that you are taking for any other conditions)
4. As the outlook for surgery is heavily dependent on the number of procedures a Doctor has performed - it will be a good idea to get information about his clinical experience.
If you have already undergone all the tests - surgery may be done on the same or a day after the admission.
What to expect after
You will require admission into ICU typically for 1 or 2 days, to monitor your progress better after the surgery. You will be given oxygen therapy while hospitalized. You may also be asked to wear Compression Stockings while your movement is limited.
After you leave ICU you will require admission in the hospital for about 4 - 6 days.
Recovery at Home
Things to ask your doctor before leaving the hospital.
1. How to care for incision wounds and stitches.
2. How to identify signs of infection
3. How to identify conditions for which you need to call the Doctor right away.
4. When to make follow-up appointments
Common side effects of CABG wear off within 4 - 6 weeks but may include.
1. Discomfort in area from where the vein was taken
2. Itching and swelling at incision wounds
3. Fatigue, Loss of Sleep, Loss of Appetite
Full recovery from CABG takes 6 - 12 weeks.
Your doctor will advise you when you can resume specific activities. If your work is not too demanding physically, it is common to return to work after 6 weeks. You can resume sexual activities after 4 weeks and drive after 4 - 8 weeks.
At you follow up visits you will require to undergo tests such as ECG, Echocardiography etc. to see how much your heart has improved. CABG is not a cure for CAD. A complete Treatment will always involve Lifestyle changes, Reducing weight, Medications, and Cardiac Rehabilitation Exercises. Your doctor will prepare a treatment plan for you including these things. Be sure to pay attention to them as religiously as your Surgery.
My age 28, I have thyroid and diabetes high BP recently given birth to a healthy baby. But my baby had lot hair on ear please help me to get rid of hair permanently. please help me.
I have stomach pain. Always happen at my right side. Tell me ehy its happening. I am from jamshefpur.
I get angry very quickly over little little things. How can I keep myself calm and stay focused towards my studies. As I am into BDS profession.
Lemon juice . 1 cup
Ginger juice . 1 cup
Garlic juice . 1 cup
Apple vinager . 1 cup
How to make
Mix properly all the ingredients and slow heating on low flame and allow it to reduce it to three cup and mix it in three cups of honey.
Dose . 3 teaspoon daily empty stomac will remove the heart blockage.
I am overweight I tried everything but still not able to lose weight I do not have any issue as I have chkd up everything pls suggest me sum remedy for fast weightless.
I'm having a difficulty falling asleep. I'm a second year student and exams are a stressful time for me. I've tried yoga, writing in a dairy and drinking warm milk with honey, but my brain can't shut off, I keep laying awake for hours. I can't drink sleeping pills because either I'm drowsy the whole day or I'm moody. Please help. The last time I had problems sleeping in exams, I didn't complete half of the paper and almost failed. I know that if I can't sleep then the new info I've studied will not be organized in my brain and I will have difficulty remembering. The more I stress, the less I sleep.
I am suffering from hair loss since last 5 months. Used so many medicines. But no result. Pls help me.
I am getting irregular periods and less bleeding. Is that leads to gain weight? What is solution to get periods regularly?
I am 21 years old (female), since two my hair is falling abnormally, my acne marks on my cheeks are not going even I m following my diet property. Are these symptoms PCOS or PCOD?
Sir my age is twenty one and half year. Sir I want to know how can I increase my height. My height is 167cm.
Here are 3 tested ways to stop over eating and feel healthier.
1) Eat slowly - It is the brain that sends us signals about whether or not we are satiated. It takes about 12 minutes to actually feel satisfied and the brain takes that much time (or even a little more) to comprehend. That?s why, you should eat slowly and chew your food well, so that you give the brain enough opportunity to realize whether the hunger is satiated.
2) Eat whole foods - Those artificial and processed foods are certainly tasty and oh so enticing. But they are overloaded with calories and artificial sweeteners, which would do you more harm than good. So, it is recommended that you eat more of whole foods. They will keep you filled for longer and avoid instances of over-eating. In the beginning, you might experience some trouble, but it would cease within a few days.
3) Exercise - Exercise releases hormones that keep us happy. These are also the hormones that provide us the opportunity to feel less hunger. So, exercise to avoid overeating and binging behaviour. This is particularly true for women trying to lose weight while exercising- you will only see results if you make dietary changes as well.
If you have any questions on diet or nutrition, ask me by clicking on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.