Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Ajith H JYour feedback matters!
One of my relative nearly lost eye site due to Steven Johnson effect. Tears are not formed. Now she is using artificial lens with liquid in it. It's taking lot of time to recover. The method adopted is Boston Technic. Can any doctor suggest better treatment. She is 18 years old. You can call me on 9821249793 Mumbai.
I have my eyes has slightly tilt. There is any operations that my eyes comes there original position.
Mere left eye mai all the time heavy ness rahte hai morning mai swealling hote hai humesa uneasy lagta hai bahar jaane par eye se water aane lagta hai itching be hote hai Dr. ko dujaya unhone allergy batae medicine de I have used but eyes problem thk Ne ho rahe bhot problem hote hai please help me.
I have a pterygium eye problem. So what cause pterygium and is this disease make my eye slight hamper. Please help me some remedy.
Hello sir, I have back pain problem. Also eyesight problem. When I use my mobile. That time come eyes drops problem. Please give me suggestion.
HI My uncle had gone through retinal detachment surgery before 10 months ago and having silicon oil in eye, right now he is suffering from cataract, can he use "Can-C" eye drop?
When I look at other things after working on my laptop, I see blurred images which gets clear after some time. Is this an eye defect?
My mother aged 49 years have foveal scar in the left eye. Can anyone briefly explain about that. And is there any treatment for that please suggest me . Will it be a serious issue for vision in the future.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I am suffering from my eyes problems my eyes color now increasing yellow so what should I have do tell me please?
I am 18 years old boy and having a continuous water flow from eye while driving what can I do for it?
I am 20 years old and been suffering from severe headache since the past few days. I have checked my eye power, taken pills and also have had long hours of sleep but the problem still persists. What should I do?
I am 23 years old. I am having pain in my left eye since I woke up in the morning. What I should do now.
I use my smartphone for approx 6 hours a day for online studies. Is it harmful? Because my eyes and head frequently pain a lot. From past few days I can not see near placed objects clearly. What is the reason behind this? And can it be solved or I need to stop using my phone?
My face has become dull due blackheads I used many cosmetic but it still appear. I do not know why I feel tired up every day my eyes get tired my teeth. I know what to do please tell what to do?
Hi Doctor, Now a days my eyes became very red. I need to work in front of system every day. But my eyes are burning like any thing. I am using glasses now. I have a sight problem. Is their any option to reduce my eyes color. Thank you, Rajesh. T.
Visual disorders are seen to develop in school going children and should be taken care of with utmost care as neglecting such disorders may affect their learning ability. They might find it hard to adjust and cope in school. Some of the common visual disorders which children are affected with are mentioned below. Read more to find out about them:
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye): Amblyopia is a medical condition in which an eye has developed poor vision. It is also known as 'Lazy Eye'. It occurs when the vision in one eye is significantly better than the other. Amblyopia occurs due to strabismus or misaligned eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis or 'Pink Eye' occurs in children due to allergic reaction which is not contagious or due to bacterial or viral infections which are very contagious. If infected with conjunctivitis, it is advisable to stay at home to avoid spreading the infection.
- Myopia: Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. In this condition, the cornea is steep and the rays of light fall in front of the retina. This leads closer objects to look clear but far off objects to look blurred.
- Hyperopia: Hyperopia implies farsightedness. In this condition, the eye is shorter than normal hence the rays of light cannot focus clearly on the retina. This results in objects close at hand appear blurred. Reading a book or threading a needle becomes difficult.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is a condition in which both near and far off images appear blurred. In this condition, the cornea which is naturally circular is stretched in either horizontal or vertical direction. Astigmatism can occur along with myopia or hyperopia.
- Blocked tear duct: When the tear ducts are partially or completely obstructed, it hampers the drainage of tears and results in a chronically, watery infected eye. You are advised to consult an ophthalmologist if such a condition occurs.
- Orbital Cellulitis: Cellulitis generally occurs due to an eyelid infection or an upper respiratory Infection. Cellulitis includes swelling of the eyelids and fever. It is a serious medical condition and it is recommended to consult a doctor for consultation.