Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajita V MandlekarYour feedback matters!
No time for gym? try these 6 amazing tricks to stay in shape
Who says you need to go to the gym to be in shape? people were much fitter when gyms did not exist at all. The key here is being active or moving your body, which given our modern lifestyle seems hard to achieve. Going to the gym at a regular time each day is a focused way of getting your daily exercise. But it’s not the only way. You can have a fit and toned body by making certain changes in your daily lifestyle which will be a more fun and holistic way of embracing exercise. It also saves your gym expenses!
Here are some simple and fun ways to stay in shape without joining a gym:
1. Start simple home exercises
- Skipping, jumps, squats, burpees and lunges are few simple exercises that will give you a great cardio workout.
- If you want to tone your muscles, do bench presses, stomach crunches, squats and burpees.
- Yoga is also a great way to tone up muscles and build strength.
2. Walk more
- Walk to work if possible. If you need to use transport, park your car 1 km ahead of your workplace or get down two stops ahead if you use public transport.
- Walk briskly to feel your heart pumping. Walk while speaking on your mobile phone.
- Buy a pedometer or download a smartphone app to count your daily steps for motivation.
- Doctors recommend a minimum of 10000 steps a day.
3. Stay active at your workplace
- Instead of sitting and staring at your computer screen all day at work, find innovative ways to exercise.
- While you are waiting for that printout, kick up each leg by turn behind you. Use your water bottle to do arm raises and arm twists.
- Clench and release your fingers in case you are typing for too long.
- While sitting at your desk, stretch out your legs by turn and hold them straight out at hip level under the table.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator for a few floors at least.
4. Take up a fun activity
- You can get a pet dog and take it out for regular walks.
- Join a local sports team like cricket, football or basketball.
- Dancing and swimming are other ways of enjoying while exercising.
- You can even play an active video game that requires you to get out of your seat and move.
5. Do household chores
- Daily household chores like sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing and gardening are also ways of staying fit. Do them as fast as you can for maximum impact.
- Also, avoid sitting for too long. Simply standing can stretch your back muscles and help you lose 33% more calories.
6. Start running
- Running or jogging daily is a great way to exercise your whole body and build stamina.
- Make it a social activity by pairing up with your friends and colleagues. All you need is a good pair of shoes.
- You can start building these habits only if you are convinced about the need for daily exercise. It won’t take long before you are so addicted to living a more active life that you wouldn’t want to change it! so go ahead and take small but sure steps towards an active and healthy lifestyle and see yourself transform.
I am having period of 26th August of this month I want to get pregnant my question is that after period what is the exact time to conceive a baby.
I am 42 years old lady I have fungus problem in vagina from last 16 years. Many doctors treated me but never effected. Now white non sticky plastic type material is coming from vagina and so much itching in that. Now I am doing course of Ayurveda but never effect. What should I do.?
My friend she used to have a normal menstrual cycle of 28 days. She got intimate with her boyfriend in Oct after which she took I pill on 25oct. After which which she had her periods on 2 nov unlike her normal date of 15. Again on 19 Nov she had her menses which ended on 23 nov.(this date was in sync with her usual cycle) They again got intimate on 25 Nov but as they did use protection she didn't consume any pill. Today she is complaining of sore breasts and some sort of elevations on the areola. Was the bleeding on 2 Nov a side effect of the drug? If considered so then 25 Nov would have had been a safe zone. Sore breasts can be simply a pre-period thing? Recently she has also been complaining about hair fall, dryness of skin, having episodes of feeling of fainting but not actually fainting, postural hypotension. Are all these suggestive of some other condition?
I have a problem in periods. It come a day before or later. Pl help me. Kindly suggest me X some medicines.
Can copper t cause infection if one does not maintain physical relationship for a long time. Does it get covered by Human flesh.
Hi, I have pain in all over body regularly. My weight is 78 kg and my hight is 5.3 inch.i have pain in legs joint back pain shoulder wrist pain headache sometimes I want to know what all test I have to do. Kindly assist me for the same. I having regular periods. No thyroid no pcos or pcod .Please tell.
Muje pregnancy k sath brown discharge bhi ho rha hai. Is se meri pregnancy me koi dikkat to nhi hogi?
I had uti 30 days back and took taxim o 200 mg twice a day for 5 days and got cured, on visiting a doctor. Now again i got uti, can i take taxim or same dose ? is it okay to take antibiotic again in a gap of 30 days?
Hi, We are trying since 8 months. My wife's last period was on 9th July. Now she is having little pain in left lower abdomen. Gas problem, laziness, lower back pain while walk. While I listen on her lower abdomen I hear continues bubbling sound. Last month also same phenomenon happened but not conceived. Also nipples are slightly bigger and she feel pain while touching it. If it is not conceive, then why those symptoms? Please help.
Doctor, . I'm 38years of age. I'm hair growth in my side logs, chin and on my throat area. i have my testosterone hormone test done. My thoroughly is slightly towards the higher side, my sugar fasting is 71. My insulin fasting is normal. My follicle stimulating hormone is higher. My testosterone is within range. I still wondering as to y I'm getting hair growth on my face and throat area. Pls help doctor I'm worried.
I have a lump on the inner side of my vagina, not deep inside, it's on the inner wall of the lips of of the begins. I'm 32 years old and unmarried girl. It doesn't pain but it's been a year and I'm scared. please help.
Hello I have taken 3pills in a month after my intercourse nw I got my dates bt the flow is very little is there any chance of getting pregnant or it is just a side effect of tablet please rply.
Word ‘Laparoscopy’ is derived from ancient greek language “lapara + skopeo” i.e. “λαπάρα + σκοπέω”.
Lapara means 'flank, side’ and skopeo means ‘to see'. Hence laparoscopy’s literal meaning is “a procedure / operation performed in the abdomen or pelvis through which the abdominal contents are seen.”
To look inside tummy (abdomen) an instrument is used which is called a ‘laparoscope’. A laparoscope is a thin telescope with an attachment for light. It is used to light up and magnify the structures inside the abdomen. A laparoscope is passed into the abdomen through a small cut (incision) in the skin.
In addition to simply looking inside the abdomen (laparoscopy), surgery can be performed while seeing the abdominal organs with laparoscope. In this combination, the procedure is called as ‘Laparoscopic Surgery’. Generally, 0.5-1 cm incisions are used in laparoscopic surgery. Each incision is called a “port.” At each port a tubular instrument is inserted known as a trocar. At the beginning of the procedure, the abdomen is inflated with carbon dioxide gas to provide a working and viewing space for the surgeon. The laparoscope has an attachment with a camera and light which transmits images from the abdominal cavity to high-resolution video monitors in the operating room. During the operation, detailed images of the abdominal organs are displayed on the monitor and surgery is performed with using special laparoscopic instruments which are, also, passed into the abdomen through another trocar. This system allows the surgeon to perform the same operations as traditional surgery but with smaller incisions.
Laparoscopic surgery, in other words, is different way of performing surgery in which the surgical steps remain the same as open surgery, but it is performed with special instruments with small abdominal incisions. Now these days laparoscopic surgeries are performed with the use of sophisticated medical grade cameras, telescopes, laparoscopic surgical instruments and refined energy sources.
“Laparoscopic Surgery” is known with various names
- Keyhole surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
- Minimal Access Surgery (MAS)
- Band-Aid surgery
- Scar less Surgery
In certain situations, a surgeon may choose to use a special type of port that is large enough to insert a hand. When a hand port is used, the surgical technique is called “hand assisted” laparoscopy. The incision required for the hand port is larger than the other laparoscopic incisions, but is usually smaller than the incision required for traditional surgery.