Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajita V MandlekarYour feedback matters!
Hi, is there any way to delay periods naturally. Usually I used to take primolut N tab to delay periods. But many people said it's not safe to use that tablet, as we are planning for kids. My periods are always irregular. I don't know whether the periods come in next 5 days. But for next 5 days. We are planning to go to Tirumala.
I am a 29 yrs old lady.Due to a dance program next month I am thinking ok taking Premolute N to postpone my periods.My last month period date was 14th feb 2015.And according to my cycle it will b on 14th or one to two days later on March which is clashing with my 15 days dance programme .So I have to take Premolute N for those 15 days.Is there any harm my taking that medicine for somany days and moreover then my normal preiods will b taking place nxt month that is April and that means after one month gap.Is it harmful? Please suggest.
Hello Doctor, I am consulting a doctor for pregnancy. Recently she suggested me an injection LUTEIGYN 5000 IU GOLD on my 13th day from my periods followed by Follicular study on my next day. She did not explained me the reason and also about intercourse no clear advice. I want to know the reason behind this instruction. Do's and do not's about intercourse, food after injection. I am in taking OP Kit tablets from my 3rd day to 27th day.
I have batholine abscess on the left side. I have already removed the gland 4 years ago. It comes every year. Its fifth time it is coming. My stitches gets swollen and have pain. I'm taking cefoprox CV 325. Can you suggest permanent solution of this problem?
Which are the better weekly contraceptive pills sir pls tell me and how we can use those pills after taken instafree-72 sir pls tell me because instafree works only 7 days so which ocps we use and how we use them sir.
I have sex before two days with my wife. From tomorrow she is feeling pee so many times. But it is not coming properly. Only little bit pee is coming and it's paining. She is feeling itching in vagina also.
Can one have sex with condom with other female and is there any harm of sucking breast milk from her please reply.
I am 25 yrs old women. I am feeling weak in evey day and my marriage life also impacting. I am working in night shift and everyday I will sleep for 9-10 hours but still I am not well. What should I do?
From two regular months, I am suffering from unusual periodic days. The first day, bleeding occurs moderately or less. Second day it doesn't occur.& from third day, it occurs normally for a week or more days. I fear. Am I alright?
Maybe you just want to slip into that dress you bought the other day, or maybe the waistline inches are increasing and need some taming. Whatever your reasons are, workout sessions are too difficult to keep up with, and the weight loss is just not happening. But what if you were told that you could lose 5 kilos in a month without trying at all?
Try these 4 extremely easy ways to lose 5 kilos in month, without really trying hard!
1. Drink Water: Water may not have miraculous properties that burn fat, but it can definitely help your weight loss efforts. Most of the people confuse thirst with hunger, when it’s actually your body’s way of telling you that it needs to be rehydrated. So consuming the standard 8-10 glasses can prevent you from reaching out for that untimely snack, which means less calorie intake. Consuming 500 ml of water half an hour before dinner every night can reduce up to 2.5 kilos or more, in a month!
2. Walk to your destination: The next time you step out of your home to go the ATM, the local supermarket or even the park, walk the distance. Daily walking for 30 minutes can burn up to 150 calories in a day. So in a matter of just three days, you can lose 500gms of weight from your body!
3. Sip on green tea: Green tea is rich caffeine and EGCG, both of which speed up your metabolism and increase the burning of fat by your body. Sipping on 3-4 cups a day of green tea can burn 100 calories, which would be equal to losing half a kilo in just 5 days.
4. Sniff on apples and peppermints: Yes sniffing on certain foods, like apples, bananas, peppermint, garlic and even olive oil can greatly help in weight loss. Dr. Alan R. Hirsch of Chicago, who is the founder of Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, tried his method of smelling food reduce weight loss with 3000 volunteers, and each of them lost an average of 13kgs! The reason behind this? Well apparently smelling food before having it can reduce your appetite so that you eat less, and lose more (weight that is).
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Your ovulation cycle is largely ignored until you decide to have a baby. Suddenly, the ovulation cycle becomes more than just a countdown to your next period. When you're trying to get pregnant, you need to identify when you're ovulating to calculate the time available to you to conceive a child. Ovulation occurs mid cycle, every month for most women. It is usually accompanied by a number of symptoms. Some of these are:
Ovulation pain: Some women may experience an abdominal pain when they ovulate. This can range from a mild sensation to a constant pain. The latter is not normal and may be caused by ovarian cysts or scarring by a previous surgery.
Higher Basal body temperature: Basal body temperature is the lowest temperature recorded in the body when it is at rest. At the time of ovulation, this temperature normally increases as a result of the release of progesterone. To use this method to determine ovulation, you will need a basal thermometer. Take your temperature every morning as soon as you wake up and record it in a chart to spot temperature changes.
Basal body temperature can also be used to determine if recent intercourse has resulted in a pregnancy or not. If the basal temperature remains elevated for 18 days after intercourse, it is safe to say that you are pregnant.
Cervical mucus: The mucus released by the vagina changes according to the stage of the ovulation cycle. This is caused by the fluctuations of hormone levels. At the time of ovulation, cervical mucus is clear, slippery and highly elastic. This can be compared to a raw egg white in colour and consistency. After ovulation, this mucus will turn stickier and denser.
Cervical position: Your cervix itself will shift at the time of ovulation. Some women can easily feel this change, while it may take a little time for others to identify it. The cervix is usually positioned low and feels hard and closed. However, just before ovulation, it will usually open up and soften a little as well as pull back. Cervical position also needs to be regularly charted to determine when the position changes.
Spotting: Spotting during mid cycle is not always a sign of an early period. It may also signal ovulation. This is usually a result of the sudden drop in estrogen that precedes ovulation. Since the progesterone levels are not high at this time, the lining of the uterus may leak a little blood.
Other signs of ovulation include:
- Breast tenderness
- Heightened sense of smell, taste, etc.
- Increased libido
- Increased energy levels
- Water retention