Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajendra SureshYour feedback matters!
I have chew tobacco for 7to8 years and my mouth has become small even I cannot put two fingers in my mouth what should I do to make my mouth normal as it was before.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
Hi sir my name is Reddy I am 22 years old I have mouth problem getting bad smell I am washing my teeth 2 times daily then also I am getting very bad smell.
Hello sir. I have valor of tooth pain since 2 years. Because of pain I lost my 3jaw teeth and all my teeth shaking and one more teeth is ready to loose. Please give suggestion.
Actually problem is I am having a sort of hole in between my front teeth pair and it is quit huge hole seems to me. I need a permanent solution of these. #If any doctor kindly text me in 9836640852 then I can send the pic and get the solution from you. I will be highly obliged if anyone does so. Thank you.
Doctor's pls suggest me something for having whiter and healthier teeth. Also suggestion for a good tooth paste.
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant Dhavani or Brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha Lekhana or Tongue Scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste.
I am diabetic patient 57 years of age blood sugar under control. I got some problem with lower jaw tooths. If the same is extracted, I heard side effect on eye and Ear. Please clarify.
Dental cavities, often the result of tooth decay is a natural factor that occurs in all humans. However, depending upon the amount of care that you give to your teeth, dental cavities usually occur at different time periods for different people. For children who eat a lot of sweets, dental cavities are likely to arise at an early age if they do not protect their teeth by brushing them in the morning and at night. Similarly, dental cavities can also arise in young people, and is one of the prime reasons for loss of teeth. In order to understand how to take care of dental activities, it is important to first understand what causes them.
Bacteria usually lives within a person's mouth. The bacteria are responsible for converting the food in to acids. The food pieces, mixed with the acids, the bacteria and the saliva all combine, resulting in the formation of a sticky substance known as plaque. As a person chews his food, the plaque tends to get stuck to the teeth. Over the passage of time, as the plaque is not removed from the teeth, it turns in to a substance which is known as tartar. The tartar begins to irritate the gums, which results in diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis.
Tooth decay begins to take place if the plaque is not removed from the teeth. For an average person, plaque begins to set in 20 minutes after eating, ultimately damaging the enamel on your teeth, and creating holes in your teeth, which in dental terminology, are regarded as dental cavities. Caring for dental cavities is not an overnight procedure; a person needs to be consistent in cleaning their teeth. However, once dental cavities, or the holes, have been formed in a person's teeth, they can only be rectified by a professional dentist.
Filling is one of the most common treatments chosen by individuals who have dental cavities. Dentists usually fill the teeth by first removing the decayed material with the help of a drill, and then use another material, often being porcelain or composite resin, in order to fill it up. In some instances, gold, silver and platinum are also used. For frontal teeth, porcelain and composite resin are usually preferred, as they both match the appearance of natural teeth in a person.
The second method is 'crowning. If the tooth structure is significantly limited and the dental cavities are extensive, this might be the preferred option. The first step is the removal of the decayed or damaged area. Once the damaged part has been removed, a crown is placed over the top of the tooth, hence covering the area. Often times, the crown is made out of metal or composite resin or porcelain, and is affixed with a metallic structure.
I have pain in my tooth since last 5-6 days the doctor asked me to remove the wisdom tooth and after that also if the pain persists then she will do root canal treatment. The pain is is in the 2nd last tooth on the right side of the Lower jaw.
I have a white patches in my teeth and one of the doctor said that it was because of low minerals, what should I do in that case, what will help me to remove the patches?
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.