Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Ajanta ChakravartyYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old male and am having pain in my eyes since 3 months. I have used eye drops but it has no effect.
I am 22 year old Male and I have eyesight problem. My spectacle number is -2.75 and the number is continuously increasing. I wear contact lens. Help me to restore my vision.
Hi I am 39 years old male. My foreskin has some scratch of a thing. It doesn't get rolled back normally, I can do it but with lots of burning and p.while intercourse using condoms it's ok. Otherwise also it's ok. But it cannot be done normally. Also I have got a boil kind of thing on my upper eye lid. It does not pain at all. BIt's since last month.please help me
I have red eys since 3 days. What should I do. What medicines should I take? Please help me. Thank you.
Sir, i have CSR in my right eye and is improving. recently, i am seeing ghost images on bright surfaces like text in tv etc. it is there in either eye with on eye closed. if i wear glasses then the ghost image disappears. sometimes if i see straight also the ghost image disappears. i am very much worried. on the first day of its appearance i visited an opthalmologist, they said nothing in the left eye rather than CSR in RE. i am not diabetic or have BP. would request your help.
I am 24 years female. I have headache n pain in my eyes from past one week. I have used headache medicines and itone for eyes for couple of days but haven't got any relief. I work 9-10 hrs daily in office sitting in front of computer. May be that is why I am facing such problem. Please let me know what can I do to get relief from pain.
I have eye problem while I want to read some thing it's not to read. I am not able to read. What may be the problem?
I am suffering from vision problem. Often feel headache and tired. What I need to do. I have to spend my time in study.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.