Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AiyappaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old man. My problem is right leg are burning and lower back pain earlier 2 month so I request to you please give correct suggestion.
I had undergone c section fr delivery, it's been 1 month nw. Hw many days shud I take rest? From wen cn I start doing regular household wrk n from wen cn I start 2 exercise? Is it okay to do all household chores? Have a lot of backache, wat I do fr tht?
I am having inflamation in my right elbow joint .Since last 2 maonths. It slightly increases when I press the tip of elbow joint bone.What may be the reasons?
Am suffer from diabetes from diabetes from diabetes from last two years joint pain problem in My knes.
I had a problem of slip disc in l5 and l6 region. Have severe backache and pain in both the legs. What should I do ?
I'm suffering from joint pains from last two years and I went to clinic also but no use of dat .still its der.
I am 30 year old female and have foot pain for last 3 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got relief what should I do now?
I have been operated in august 1997 for femur fracture in solapur at kothadiya nursing home. In 2004 the implant from femur was removed at same hospital. Nowadays while gym workout I am having little pain and discomfort at region of fracture. Kindly advice
I have no injury on knee by I am suffering from knee pain and cervical pain. My joints rub to each other at knee and create a sound or rub which I can feel. What should I do for this?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.