Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aisha TarannumYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old male and I have yellowish deposit between my teeth. I also had a bad breath. What should I do?
I have been suffering this below problem from last year. My cheeks are paining when I am watching tv working on my laptop watching movies. I don' t know why. Please suggest me doctor. I went to dental specialist he cleaned my teeth and send me. I scanned my cheeks it leaves me nothing.
Main age jb 12 saal thi tub ek accident main maire nieche k 3 teeth Tut gye the or is baat ko 13 saal ho gye hai abhi tak teeth nhi aye mujhe unki jgah average quality k teeth lagwane hai kya kharcha ayega. Please teel me.
I have a third molar wisdom teeth problem, do I extract it or still continue with the same? It is not giving me any pain now.
I'm suffering from ulcer on my lower lip. Since 4 or 5 days what is best curable medicines for this? And what is the reason behind it?
What is the treatment if the tooth (right lower molar) is diagnosed as infected (by x ray). Is extraction only the option?
While sleeping my mouth remains open due to this my teeth coming out of the mouth what to do so that my mouth remain closed.
I have a bad breath problem. Though I brush twice daily and flush sometimes as well but the problem persists. My digestion is also ok. Sometimes toilets are not timely.
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.